PDA

View Full Version : Dragon nest is a virus?

Azara
11-22-2011, 11:58 PM
Every time I try and run Dragonnest my Antivirus says that its a virus.. & this has only happened after the new patch. I've also seen that alot of people have been hacked. =/ So... Can you delete the Keylogger or whatever it is?

IronLilly
11-23-2011, 09:55 AM
I had the same problem. I added the game launcher and game execute files to my antivirus exceptions list and it launches fine now.

Alteris
11-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Could you provide us with what antivirus you have running?

Rekkuza
11-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Every time I try and run Dragonnest my Antivirus says that its a virus.. & this has only happened after the new patch. I've also seen that alot of people have been hacked. =/ So... Can you delete the Keylogger or whatever it is?

It could just be your antivirus, mine always (for every game I play:LoL DN and minecraft) says that it's a virus. Then again I have 1 that over reacts to everything (downloading/uploading stuff). I'm at school now so i can't get the name for you, we may have the same one. But if it's just happening with the new patch then i wouldn't try it. ._. GL tho

Gourry
11-23-2011, 12:45 PM
I get the same thing.. I got three anti-virus lol because my family can't agree on which the best one.
Anyways its Avira AntiVir Personal that has the issue with dragon nest.

EviLHeiral
11-23-2011, 01:20 PM

I am running Avira Antivirus and I get the virus message when starting up DragonNest.exe. It's really annoying to have to turn off the protection to run the game. Please fix it *_*

Desdemon
11-23-2011, 01:38 PM
Use Avast. It's free, great protection, updates virus database almost daily, and doesn't take up a lot of memory. It owns most of the ones that you pay for.

IronLilly
11-23-2011, 01:45 PM
I run Avira AntiVir Personal, too. This morning the Avira message said it was TR/Spy.4333888.2 in the DragonNest.exe file. I've had similar problems with other games (gpotato, Aion, DDO, etc.) and so far it's just been a matter of going into the antivirus's configuration area and adding the .exe and/or game launcher files to the Guard's Ignore list. Then I don't have to turn my virus protection off completely.

JohnBriggs
11-23-2011, 02:07 PM

Alteris i got an antivirus and it blocks Dn,
my antivirus is Bell Internet Security Service.

Neflak
11-23-2011, 02:37 PM
I was using AVG and the game wouldn't start up, I had to get rid of AVG so that I could launch the game.

is everything expireable
11-23-2011, 03:14 PM
i use something called webroot.it detected dn and quarantined it now i have to manually un-quarantine it.

alimdia
11-23-2011, 03:20 PM
i deleted dragonnest and reinstalled.

it works fine now.

boogrr
11-23-2011, 04:08 PM
I was using AVG and the game wouldn't start up, I had to get rid of AVG so that I could launch the game.
I use AVG and it hasn't had a problem with dragon nest, you might really HAVE a virus :P

Azara
11-23-2011, 04:10 PM

I use Century Link antivirus. But i fixed the problem ^_^

Rangerleade
11-23-2011, 09:27 PM
my antivvirus caught the virus too late.
Crashed my computer and when i ran back up disk to restore it i checked my email and you had charged me for 60$ worth of nx which i did not order.

Jtenn
11-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Crashed my computer and when i ran back up disk to restore it i checked my email and you had charged me for 60$ worth of nx which i did not order.w t f kinda virus did u get cuz everyone else like my self i think just got the false positive

Mooti
11-23-2011, 11:33 PM
Crashed my computer and when i ran back up disk to restore it i checked my email and you had charged me for 60$ worth of nx which i did not order.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/131/351/eb6.jpg

Angi
11-24-2011, 12:02 AM
Antivirus programs are stupid.

Just don't go on any shady websites & scan your system with malwarebyte's if you absolutely feel the need to.
Save you & your computer a lot of trouble.

TFOG
11-24-2011, 04:39 PM
Ya, I had the same problem. I have to disable my antivirus if I want to run DN.

Lyricisms
11-24-2011, 04:42 PM
Avoiding AV software is probably the best, just spend money on Carbonite and back up your computer =P and if you get a virus just reformat and restore from back up : D

NyanTrollFace
11-24-2011, 11:44 PM
AVG isn't that good, i used to use it but it is the worst antivirus i ever had, also it messed up my computer with viruses in the past. I reccomend using Avast, number 1 anti virus, also it also has a silent/game mode so no lag occurs

NyanTrollFace
11-24-2011, 11:52 PM
Sorry for the double post, But i have a few questions
Whenever i am on the server menu (the first menu you see with all the servers when you get into the game) , it's major laggy, also when i get to my character screen to. When i just about to play the game i get d/ced. I've tried many things, registry cleaning ,reinstalling (tried to update my graphics card but dun know how to)and checked my ping. My computer is old , but it's been through alot of changes. Right now, my computer has 4gb ram , 1 tb, and Radeon x600 ATI processor. The processor, ofcourse is very old but i will not want to go through changes with that.
Does anyone have a fix for that? i'll be very appreciated. Oh and try to answer ASAP or i'll get kicked out my guild =/

**EDIT** My anti-virus is not in the way, also the part that is laggy, is the backround and character, so basically everything XD

updating info?
11-25-2011, 04:15 PM
patches r sooooooooo slow maybe it is a virus

Rangerleade
11-25-2011, 04:19 PM
w t f kinda virus did u get cuz everyone else like my self i think just got the false positive
As for the chargein 60$ im hopeing it was mayb a false email or something because i didnt order anything and i know that for a fact....as for the crashin my computer i was loading the game when my antivirus detected it(i use iorbit) and then i got a blue screen so i had to restore my computer..maybe dragon nets is a virus but i sure hope there is just a problem with the antivirus detecting it.

Bonburner
11-25-2011, 05:33 PM
avira and avast are both good free AVs
AVG was trash but intel bought it out and it has improved but still not recommended by me lol

i use avast and i have no problems running dn

Jtenn
11-25-2011, 08:14 PM
As for the chargein 60$ im hopeing it was mayb a false email or something because i didnt order anything and i know that for a fact....as for the crashin my computer i was loading the game when my antivirus detected it(i use iorbit) and then i got a blue screen so i had to restore my computer..maybe dragon nets is a virus but i sure hope there is just a problem with the antivirus detecting it.umm first id check ur accounts nx purchase history and change ur pass/and what not after running a full scan of the computer

KingXRay
11-26-2011, 01:30 AM
sorry but Avira Antivirus have lots of bugs...it is the worst antivirus...
im using Vipre have no problems seem the whole year using it, also have auto block virus into the Vipre till you want it to restore back to your PC or delete it.
my PC still like a new PC XD

Sharilken
11-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Dragon Nest.
LOOK OUT ITS A TRAP!