PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Nest Korea

Charismaish
08-16-2011, 06:32 AM
Started playing the Korean version and let me tell you right now... NA is trolling you hard.

Over there Stamps drop, beat that? I get 25 jellies, exp+drop rate increase, etc every maintenance (for every character, hue hue hue). U jelly?

Dragon Nest Sea = Overpriced
Dragon Nest NA = Trollface.jpg
Dragon Nest Korea = *u*

If you are wondering about lag just know that Korea has the world's best internet rating. No lag, bro.

Charismaish
08-16-2011, 06:49 AM
Hue hue hue

Update: If you are afraid of FTG don't be. I never ran out and got to 20 on first day. There are also so many other places to level after FTG runs out I hear.

I am in DN heaven right now. *u*

edit: The drop rate is rediculous... I gotta go back every run, lol.

DarkOmen
08-16-2011, 06:54 AM
They do have a some what english patch for the Kr client

crazyness
08-16-2011, 06:54 AM
Problem is... unless "translated" / patched... no NA/ English reading players will head to KR or any other language...

Charismaish
08-16-2011, 06:56 AM
Problem is... unless "translated" / patched... no NA/ English reading players will head to KR or any other language...

English Patch : http://www.mediafire.com/?nc4yb4ynfma1f4k

Apoco
08-16-2011, 06:59 AM
Charismaih what is the link to the kr website so i can make a account an download client

Charismaish
08-16-2011, 07:00 AM
Charismaih what is the link to the kr website so i can make a account an download client

Guide to download and register: http://howtodnkr.weebly.com/

Beginners guide to DN Korea (all their features): http://s7.zetaboards.com/IvalteK/topic/8465807/1/

Demosthenes
08-16-2011, 07:07 AM
You're encouraging identity theft and fraud. Not to mention an influx of bannings for people who already play it in their tight little group. It only takes one hick saying something stupid in english to get notice of it. Also Korea's internet is one of the fastest if not fastest. Though what matters is how good your connection is to Korea..

Fatigue system is annoying too, there are ways to get around it but that is further identity fraud.

nandino
08-16-2011, 07:08 AM
You get beginner fatigue in DN KR. That's probably why :D

Iohanna
08-16-2011, 07:08 AM
The level cap in Korea is 50...so of course they'd have to give *some* form of encouragement for the newcomers.

And yes, this counts as identity fraud (context for newbies: you need a korean social security no. to play KR Dragon Nest). You could get into trouble for this; though I somehow doubt people will care.

Lockhe
08-16-2011, 07:09 AM
You're encouraging identity theft and fraud. Not to mention an influx of bannings for people who already play it in their tight little group. It only takes one hick saying something stupid in english to get notice of it. Also Korea's internet is one of the fastest if not fastest. Though what matters is how good your connection is to Korea..

Fatigue system is annoying too, there are ways to get around it but that is further identity fraud.

Its not about stealing identities or anything. The main point OP was trying to get at was the unhapiness of the community and differences between NA and Korea. Im thinking though that the differences have already been accounted for with the different demographics and cultures.

Charismaish
08-16-2011, 07:15 AM
Its not about stealing identities or anything. The main point OP was trying to get at was the unhapiness of the community and differences between NA and Korea. Im thinking though that the differences have already been accounted for with the different demographics and cultures.

Yeah, I just want what Nexon Korea is providing to their players. They are both Nexon, but you can tell which one is the ugly and less desirable brother. >_<

Charismaish
08-16-2011, 07:16 AM
errr maybe cause the game has been out for awhile lol

They always had stamps dropping... Their drop rate is also much higher...

maneki_neko
08-16-2011, 07:17 AM
Yeah, I just want what Nexon Korea is providing to their players. They are both Nexon, but you can tell which one is the ugly and less desirable brother. >_<

Charismaish
08-16-2011, 07:19 AM

They always had stamps dropping... Their drop rate is also much higher...

nuvioso
08-16-2011, 07:28 AM
Stamps really drop there? I'm jelly. I would totally play there but I play in a guild with family and they wouldn't switch over :-\

I mean rare reset sparks sold for 20g at beginning of OB now average is 80g.. (I sell them for that amount and they usually sell quickly)

Will DN NA implement that sometime? I mean 5 dollars for 10 stamps is garbage. I know one of my guildies have at least 20 reset sparks.. I mean I really like this game but making 2k gold after a couple days and feeling poor doesn't sit right with me. Oh well ill just continue to play. Looking forward to the next release of content!

Charismaish
08-16-2011, 07:32 AM
Stamps really drop there? I'm jelly. I would totally play there but I play in a guild with family and they wouldn't switch over :-\

I mean rare reset sparks sold for 20g at beginning of OB now average is 80g.. (I sell them for that amount and they usually sell quickly)

Will DN NA implement that sometime? I mean 5 dollars for 10 stamps is garbage. I know one of my guildies have at least 20 reset sparks.. I mean I really like this game but making 2k gold after a couple days and feeling poor doesn't sit right with me. Oh well ill just continue to play. Looking forward to the next release of content!

Yeah, stamps really drop. I hope they implement this later for us too. =_=

Hakomi
08-16-2011, 07:35 AM
Yeah, stamps really drop. I hope they implement this later for us too. =_=

knowing Nex0n NA, that can never happen in reality maybe in dreams??

Random
08-16-2011, 07:37 AM
Do they have ip block in DN KR?

Charismaish
08-16-2011, 07:56 AM
Do they have ip block in DN KR?

No IP block.

Random
08-16-2011, 08:01 AM
So you just register and connect? No troubles?

Applz
08-16-2011, 08:04 AM
old news is old. dumb***.

Jihibukai
08-16-2011, 08:06 AM
So you just register and connect? No troubles?

If this is the case...

Yami
08-16-2011, 08:09 AM
Nice info, OP.

John@Doe
08-16-2011, 08:10 AM
why do DN KR need a social security and what is OP.

Dragon
08-16-2011, 08:11 AM
Okay, don't over hype the game Charismaish.
First off, stamps DO drop but they are not the NX ones. The ones that drop have a very small chance of working and do not drop as often.
The drop rate is higher because of FTG and I'm sure you used all your FTG getting to 20, meaning you can't do anything but PvP or wait until it resets in the evening today.
No lag? Pft. I don't care where you are or how good your connection is, if you're not in Korea there's going to be SOME lag in PvP at least, the ping is just too great for there not to be. No matter what you say, NA will always be less laggy than KR for NA players. Don't forget that 97% of the population is Korean and mostly all English players are higher leveled / capped. This means at the start you will have to solo (for those of you who don't like that sort of thing). I myself always solo'd until the late 30's.
And before you guys get all "Omg Engrish!?" the patch is useful BUT it does not translate a lot of things correctly. It mostly only translates skills and etc, the essentials. You will not fully experience the game because you will not be able to understand it very well. And to top it ALL off, Nexon does random IP checks and banns any accounts they think that are not Korean with no type of warning or anything ( this has happened to 5 of my friends so far) so you have to always hide your IP and that's more of a hassle + more lag.
Other than that, yeah Korea is much better than NA, but Korea has been out for 2 years, we're still in OB.
Chillax.

crazyness
08-16-2011, 08:14 AM

All KR MMORPGs requires SSN to register and play, it's for the government and company to check exactly how many "unique" players are playing their game, also restricts "normal KR players" to 1 account per game. (kinda like an advanced version of E-Mail that we use to register to play)

OP = original poster.

Wonchow
08-16-2011, 08:16 AM
Op is a fa- Whoops, wrong site...
OP = Original poster a.k.a. Person who made the thread.

Iohanna
08-16-2011, 08:17 AM
OP = Original Poster

DN KR requires SSNs to stop foreigners (like the OP) from playing on their servers. Their licence covers Korean Nationals exclusively. Of course, if you try hard enough...

Jihibukai
08-16-2011, 08:18 AM
OP = Original Poster

DN KR requires SSNs to stop foreigners (like the OP) from playing on their servers. Their licence covers Korean Nationals exclusively. Of course, if you try hard enough...
Of course, if you try hard enough...

타인의 주민등록번호 도용 시 주민등록법에 따라 3년 이하의 징역이나 1천 만원 이하의 벌금에 처해지며, 사전 통보 없이회원가입이 취소될 수 있습니다.실명인증 자세히보기

^IF you steal someone elses KSSN to play this game you will go through 3 years of imprisonment and at most a 10 million dollar fine.

Oracion
08-16-2011, 08:40 AM
Goodluck buying additional storage or anything from the cash shop ;)

Finished
08-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Goodluck buying additional storage or anything from the cash shop ;)

There's guides on that too.

Achernar
08-16-2011, 09:35 AM

타인의 주민등록번호 도용 시 주민등록법에 따라 3년 이하의 징역이나 1천 만원 이하의 벌금에 처해지며, 사전 통보 없이회원가입이 취소될 수 있습니다.실명인증 자세히보기

^IF you steal someone elses KSSN to play this game you will go through 3 years of imprisonment and at most a 10 million dollar fine.

And that's why I didn't bother to try to hack my way into KR Dragon Nest. <3

Besides, gaming is like life to Korea :o it's a sport too. They need security man @_@

Moonranger
08-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Guide to download and register: http://howtodnkr.weebly.com/

Beginners guide to DN Korea (all their features): http://s7.zetaboards.com/IvalteK/topic/8465807/1/

How do i find the PW for the weebly site? :P

Just curious

redmooo
08-16-2011, 09:43 AM
ok. i seriously wanna play but i lost my KSSN list. it had like 800 all preserved for me and my bro.
anybode wunna share? <:)

Moosecat
08-16-2011, 09:44 AM
The level cap in Korea is 50...so of course they'd have to give *some* form of encouragement for the newcomers.

And yes, this counts as identity fraud (context for newbies: you need a korean social security no. to play KR Dragon Nest). You could get into trouble for this; though I somehow doubt people will care.

You can get 50 in 4 days.

Stinkerpink
08-16-2011, 09:44 AM

Easy way around that, use a fake kssn.

http://www.idcard.us.to/index/en.html

redmooo
08-16-2011, 09:47 AM
ok. i seriously wanna play but i lost my KSSN list. it had like 800 all preserved for me and my bro.
anybode wunna share theirs?? < : )

nero
08-16-2011, 09:50 AM
why not just say screw DN na and find another game to play, and then come back just to rip on hard hard they suck and talk crap in the forums? that is what alot of people are doing

Moonranger
08-16-2011, 10:03 AM
?????????????

Oracion
08-16-2011, 10:10 AM
why not just say screw DN na and find another game to play, and then come back just to rip on hard hard they suck and talk crap in the forums? that is what alot of people are doing

Um, because most that are whining have come from other games to do just that.. Some people actually derive pleasure outta it..

I always thought Solitaire and Mines had great potential, but even with Microsoft's money and power, I could never find a GM in game when I needed....

Moosecat
08-16-2011, 10:13 AM
Okay, don't over hype the game Charismaish.
First off, stamps DO drop but they are not the NX ones. The ones that drop have a very small chance of working and do not drop as often.
The drop rate is higher because of FTG and I'm sure you used all your FTG getting to 20, meaning you can't do anything but PvP or wait until it resets in the evening today.
No lag? Pft. I don't care where you are or how good your connection is, if you're not in Korea there's going to be SOME lag in PvP at least, the ping is just too great for there not to be. No matter what you say, NA will always be less laggy than KR for NA players. Don't forget that 97% of the population is Korean and mostly all English players are higher leveled / capped. This means at the start you will have to solo (for those of you who don't like that sort of thing). I myself always solo'd until the late 30's.
And before you guys get all "Omg Engrish!?" the patch is useful BUT it does not translate a lot of things correctly. It mostly only translates skills and etc, the essentials. You will not fully experience the game because you will not be able to understand it very well. And to top it ALL off, Nexon does random IP checks and banns any accounts they think that are not Korean with no type of warning or anything ( this has happened to 5 of my friends so far) so you have to always hide your IP and that's more of a hassle + more lag.
Other than that, yeah Korea is much better than NA, but Korea has been out for 2 years, we're still in OB.
Chillax.

You don't need a Pr*xy once you're logged in, You can grind to 30 using the apprentice system so you don't spend fatigue, you forgot to mention that the "Newbie bag rewards" contain 30 day items/costume pieces, and you get 5 bags per day for each character.

Just sayin' for someone who writes F.A.Q.'s you're awfully biased.

Jihibukai
08-16-2011, 10:17 AM
the fine is not in our money, it's in theirs, ii read that and laughed. who from america would send an american to korea for a video game. but i dont play it, and i dont need someone elses KSSN. xD

I would, I do **** like that man, i'm like a ******' ninja.

Dayx
08-16-2011, 10:19 AM

the fine is not in our money, it's in theirs, ii read that and laughed. who from america would send an american to korea for a video game. but i dont play it, and i dont need someone elses KSSN. xD

Jihibukai
08-16-2011, 10:20 AM

I would, I do **** like that man, i'm like a ******' ninja.

Moonranger
08-16-2011, 10:21 AM
I thought it was impossible to make a korean nexon account now because they require verification by email/phone/ or passport?

Dragon
08-16-2011, 10:22 AM
I thought it was impossible to make a korean nexon account now because they require verification by email/phone/ or passport?
This is also true.

You don't need a Pr*xy once you're logged in, You can grind to 30 using the apprentice system so you don't spend fatigue, you forgot to mention that the "Newbie bag rewards" contain 30 day items/costume pieces, and you get 5 bags per day for each character.

Okay, first, I never said you needed a Proxie, I said there's a chance of getting banned without one.
You cannot even get a student until level 30, if you are a student yourself, you still spend your own FTG.
I never even said anything about the newbie bags from the beginning, I didn't make that post to define every specific detail in KR DN, my only goal was to contradict the OP's statements. Not to mention, the bags you're talking about is a temporary event to bring new players for the new content they just released.

Biased? lol I love KR, I even admitted in my post that its better than NA, how is that biased? Do you know the definition of the word?

Moonranger
08-16-2011, 10:27 AM
I want to play DN KR :(

I watch their pvp streams on Twitch.tv

Pariah
08-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Nexon always does this with the NA versions of games. We will eventually receive the same benefits. Conditions change as our level cap and content increases, that's why everything feels so restrictive right now.

I'm not going anywhere. I want to watch it grow, watch new content come in, play with other people from the same service area. It's the experience that matters to me, that's what a true online gamer does. If you just want to play a game and then be done with it, nothing but a short fling, you should have stayed with your console games.

Hilder
08-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Korea will always have the better version. It originated there, herp.

Jump ship because you're discontented with not being handed stuff NOW YOU WANT IT RIGHT NOW Y THEY NO GIVE IT TO YOU BAW. Babies.

Moonranger
08-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Nexon always does this with the NA versions of games. We will eventually receive the same benefits. Conditions change as our level cap and content increases, that's why everything feels so restrictive right now.

I'm not going anywhere. I want to watch it grow, watch new content come in, play with other people from the same service area. It's the experience that matters to me, that's what a true online gamer does. If you just want to play a game and then be done with it, nothing but a short fling, you should have stayed with your console games.

'IMO' you are not a competitive gamer.

People who enjoy pvp content do NOT enojoy running around town for 2 hours because there is nothing to do.

The game is crap right now and you know it.

I could care less about this nest or that nest, or woop dee doo another dragon to kill.

I'd rather dominate people in 1v1s, that's what is fun.

BUt to each his own I guess, you'd rather live in the 'moment' of the game. BORING, imo "watch the game grow"... Sorry I'm still asking myself ***

Charismaish
Everybody should come down. This thread wasn't even serious. Was just made earlier when I noticed that the Nexon Tracker had a gap of three days with only 1-3 posts each day. There are far more sections then there are concerned posts by the moderators... sigh...

If I threw a giant "Korea DN" sticker on my thread I felt that they would at least pay attention, guess not? I am still sticking to NA version though since it has a lot of tender love and care.

Oracion

Master uses no fatigue, apprentice uses theirs up...