PDA

View Full Version : To play a game, you must first update your account information.

Cantplay
08-29-2011, 02:55 PM
I keep getting this when I try and play a game on my main account. I made the account a long time ago and entered an random stuff as my name and birthday, so I can't change my information through manage account.

I've sent a ticket in but I'm mostly wondering how it's worked out for other people in this situation. Do I stand a chance or should I start looking for a new game?

DrOph
08-29-2011, 03:14 PM
I keep getting this when I try and play a game on my main account. I made the account a long time ago and entered an random stuff as my name and birthday, so I can't change my information through manage account.

I've sent a ticket in but I'm mostly wondering how it's worked out for other people in this situation. Do I stand a chance or should I start looking for a new game?

Make a new account, with a current email address and your correct information

Cantplay
08-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Make a new account, with a current email address and your correct information

I'm not willing to start over.

DrOph
08-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Oh well! If you entered fake information, it's your own fault. There is nothing anyone can help you with here.

Cantplay
08-29-2011, 03:24 PM
Oh well! If you entered fake information, it's your own fault. There is nothing anyone can help you with here.

I was asking for other peoples experiences with tickets concerning this matter.

I know it's my own fault, I was young and stupid when I made the account. I just want to know if it's worth waiting for the response or better to pick up a new game.

DrOph
08-29-2011, 03:26 PM
it's not really tech support, so this is the wrong place. No, it's not worth waiting for.

asdffdsa
08-29-2011, 03:40 PM
I like how humble the OP is.

How is it his own fault when the sign up page does not have any claim, in the form of a legally binding contract, that the information he put down will not be sold on the internet for a nickel?

In fact, it's good that he was sensible enough to NOT use his real name and birthday.

I'll go as far as to say this is Nexon's fault, because when they implemented this password reset thing, they did not implement according measures to prevent it from malfunctioning. He could have just reset his password through email or something, but that function is currently broken (I just tried it).

DrOph
08-29-2011, 03:47 PM
I like how humble the OP is.

How is it his own fault when the sign up page does not have any claim, in the form of a legally binding contract, that the information he put down will not be sold on the internet for a nickel?

In fact, it's good that he was sensible enough to NOT use his real name and birthday.

I'll go as far as to say this is Nexon's fault, because when they implemented this password reset thing, they did not implement according measures to prevent it from malfunctioning. He could have just reset his password through email or something, but that function is currently broken (I just tried it).

wow. what bridge did you just crawl out from under?

DrOph
08-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Either way, I'm not surprised at this coming from Nexon, what I said wasn't meant to attack you so there's no need to launch a personal attack at me.

xD ? go away. you're not helpful, clearly. there is nothing more to discuss or troubleshoot in this thread.

asdffdsa
08-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Either way, I'm not surprised at this coming from Nexon, what I said wasn't meant to attack you so there's no need to launch a personal attack at me.

Angi
08-29-2011, 04:09 PM
When you log onto the website, does it prompt you to change your password?
Never seen this message so idk how it goes, but usually when it prompts you to change your password every few months, you can just press skip (should be like.. in small text below the main button)

Also, if you remember the email you used, you can try resetting your pw.

But yeah, the tickets usually do not work, ESPECIALLY when you can't provide the information they need to verify that it's you and not some random hacker.
I had this problem a while ago when I reset my pw, but I forgot the email I used for the account.
They wouldn't help me, v___v
I ended up going through like 20 emails, took a while, but I finally found the right email. xD

Why not just make a new account?

asdffdsa
08-29-2011, 04:18 PM
xD ? go away. you're not helpful, clearly. there is nothing more to discuss or troubleshoot in this thread.

I thought trolls were extinct, but you seem to have survived.

Cantplay
08-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the suggestions to try to reset my password through email, I did but sadly it didn't work. It still wants me to reset my password through the manage account option for whatever reason.

When I log in I'm prompted with:
"We're asking players to change their password to enhance account security. To play a game you must first update your password in the Account Settings page. For added security, we highly recommend you to change your password frequently and setup Security Questions in the Account Settings page."
The only option I have brings me to the account management section of the site for me to change my password. No option to skip.

When I try to play the game I get:
"To play a game, you must first update your account information."

I'm not willing to make a new account because the one I have as of now has a character that is level 24, has a nice pvp rank and good set of gear. It just wouldn't be fun to go through remaking those.

asdffdsa
08-29-2011, 04:39 PM
Good job, I've given up on Nexon too recently. I don't remember having half as many problems when I played DN Chinese.

Angi
08-29-2011, 04:43 PM
Oh.

Well that's lame. :l
Sorry. :(

genoside
08-29-2011, 06:13 PM
i can start the game...because it said to be error in loggining plzz contact dragonnest.nexon.net

genoside
08-29-2011, 06:14 PM
how to solve my proble??? if i cant play the game becuase it is said that it is error in loggining plzz contact dragonnest.nexon.net??

genoside
08-29-2011, 06:16 PM
ngekk!!! but i've seen people playing dragonnest in the philippines thats not a proper excuse

Angi
08-29-2011, 06:17 PM
i can start the game...because it said to be error in loggining plzz contact dragonnest.nexon.net

This is because you're not in region.
We're for the United States, Canada, and Oceanic area only.

Angi
08-29-2011, 06:20 PM
ngekk!!! but i've seen people playing dragonnest in the philippines thats not a proper excuse

That's Dragon Nest SEA.

Blargss
08-29-2011, 06:48 PM
I'm having thise problem too, except I can't get in because hotmail is saying that the email my account is under doesn't exist.
I'm positive of the email account's name, but hotmail says that it's not an existing account name, and I can't change my account without the email.

Danshaku
08-29-2011, 06:49 PM
make the email, request email from nexon, enjoy.

Danshaku
08-29-2011, 06:55 PM
oh, and if hotmail says the account doesn't exist but you are sure it does... you have the wrong Password. In that case you want to contact MSN.

Cantplay
08-29-2011, 07:04 PM
For the record, I noticed something odd when trying to play around with my settings to see if I could get anything to work.

When I attempted to change anything (rather than my password) I would get this message:

"To update your account settings, you must first verify your account through your registered email address.

Click here to resend the verification email. "

First off I have verified my email address, but I tried to do it anyways and I get an message saying their was an error. So.. yeah..

DrOph
08-29-2011, 07:06 PM
For the record, I noticed something odd when trying to play around with my settings to see if I could get anything to work.

When I attempted to change anything (rather than my password) I would get this message:

"To update your account settings, you must first verify your account through your registered email address.

First off I have verified my email address, but I tried to do it anyways and I get an message saying their was an error. So.. yeah..

well, you can try later. check your msn inbox or junk folder, to see if it sent it one time or multiple times. in any case, good luck.

Angi
08-29-2011, 07:09 PM

Try clicking the verification link in IE.
I couldn't get it to work in Chrome, so my boyfriend did it in IE and it worked. :x

the new beats
08-29-2011, 07:59 PM
i'm having the same problem too man i been using the same password for years now wtihout remembering my brithdate i used and then this update came and messed me up :( ,it pains me to think i might have to start all over again i even spent a good amount of NX on some of these games, also Angi i tried all the things you said and i still get that stupid reload the page error i even know my email it just won't me progress any farther.

DrOph
08-29-2011, 08:03 PM
i'm having the same problem too man i been using the same password for years now wtihout remembering my brithdate i used and then this update came and messed me up :( ,it pains me to think i might have to start all over again i even spent a good amount of NX on some of these games, also Angi i tried all the things you said and i still get that stupid reload the page error i even know my email it just won't me progress any farther.

*snort* how many birthdays do you have? xD

uh-oh!

Cantplay
08-29-2011, 08:04 PM

I tried it as well still getting this error:

"There has been an error with the service. Please try reloading the page."

I imagine if multiple people are experiencing the same problem it won't be ignored (considering it's something they can handle)

DrOph
08-29-2011, 08:07 PM

*snort* how many birthdays do you have? xD

uh-oh!

Sword Paladin
08-29-2011, 08:12 PM
Meh... used to have Comcast TV and Internet and then switched over to AT&T.... I used my comcast email for my account with a level 24 and 16 with decent gear and it doesnt even exist anymore

Cantplay
08-29-2011, 08:21 PM
i think so too,the odd thing is i was able to change my password via *forgot your password* on the login screen which sent me to my email and i changed it but for some reason it still tells me to update my password..

Yup, same thing.. No idea why they would make you verify your details one way but not another. Also I tried on this account and it doesn't ask any details when I change the password under account mangement

the new beats
08-29-2011, 08:22 PM
I tried it as well still getting this error:

"There has been an error with the service. Please try reloading the page."

I imagine if multiple people are experiencing the same problem it won't be ignored (considering it's something they can handle)
i think so too,the odd thing is i was able to change my password via *forgot your password* on the login screen which sent me to my email and i changed it but for some reason it still tells me to update my password..

ManPaka
08-29-2011, 09:34 PM
Well u got another one whose forgot his info he put into the registration back then....... now im stuck my char arent playable which they are pretty good geared... and dont give me this" Oh you should of use ur real info back then". whose uses ur real info to play games if ur not really sure if their security is the best. Look at Playstation Network......

GREEKG
08-29-2011, 09:48 PM
We may group this information into aggregate visitor data in order to describe the use of the Site to our existing or potential business partners, sponsors, advertisers or other third parties, or in response to a government request. We may also group demographic and preferences information and responses to surveys that we collect from visitors into aggregate data for the same purposes. However, please be assured that this aggregate data will in no way personally identify you or any other visitors to the Site.

We use "cookies" - that is, small text files placed on your computer hard drive. In practical terms, cookies are your identification card for the computers, or servers that placed them there. Cookies are only read by the server that placed them, and are unable to execute any code or virus. Nevertheless, you should be able to control how and whether cookies will be accepted by your web browser software. For more information on how to do so, please refer to the documentation accompanying your browser software. However, please be aware that some features of the Site may not function properly or may be slower if you refuse cookies. Moreover, your ability to complete a purchase may be compromised without enabling cookies in your Internet browser. You may occasionally get cookies from our advertisers or other third parties with links on the Site. We do not control these cookies. The use of advertising cookies sent by third party ad servers is standard in the Internet industry.

Non-personally identifiable information: When you use the Service, we may collect information that will not be able to specifically identify you such as your birthday, gender and ethnicity. In addition, when you use the Service, we may collect information and aggregate information indicating, among other things, which pages of the Service you visit, the order in which you visit them and which hyperlinks you "click." Collecting such information can involve logging your IP address (i.e., the unique number assigned to your computer from your Internet Service Provider ("ISP")), your MAC address, operating system specifications, identification of your hard drives and other storage devices, central processing unit, and browser software used to access the Service. In order to maintain the integrity of the Service, we reserve the right to scan and obtain information from your computer, software, and parts or portions thereof, including, but not limited to, your computer's random access memory, video card, central processing unit, hard drive(s) and any other storage devices in order to assist our efforts in policing users who may implement programs and/or scripts used to develop and/or use "hacks" and/or "cheats" to gain advantage over other users. The scan shall detect the use of such programs, including, but not limited to packet editors, cheat engines and WinSocket providers which are in violation of Nexon's Terms of Use. Although such information is not generally personally identifiable, we can determine from an IP address your ISP and the geographic location of your point of connectivity. Please be aware that under certain conditions when we undertake the scan, we do so with the intent to protect the integrity of the Service and determine whether there is cheating and/or hacking involved or other breach of security. In doing so, there is a possibility that as a result of the scan, non-personally identifiable information as described herein can transform into personally identifiable information. In order to sign up for any account, you also are required to provide us with an e-mail address, password and a Forum name. You must also provide a character name whenever you create a character for your account. You may also provide non-personally identifiable information to us while participating in forums and chat rooms or otherwise using the Service which may be retained in our databases, such as security questions and answer

thats from the privicy policy. not so private aint it? Ergo if your lazy to read they can A. Search your CPU if they want. B. Give your info to 3d partys. WOW SO SAFE. THANKS FACEBOOK! Errr i mean nexon

lostmyaccount
08-30-2011, 12:09 AM
Non-personally identifiable information: When you use the Service, we may collect information that will not be able to specifically identify you such as your birthday, gender and ethnicity.

This pretty much states that you can't be officially identified by your birthday which is what they're doing now. I *had* three level 40s in DFO, two level 24s in Dragons Nest and now I have nothing. I have to start all over because even though I can verify my identity every which way I don't know what I entered for my birthday. ****IT... At least $30 on DFO and $20 on DN, not including the hours spent doing surverys and offers for NX. SAD TIMES if they can't rectify this.

I also tried using the forgot password and even though i'm able to reset my password it doesn't count as "updating my account information" wow.

Kasajima
08-30-2011, 12:16 AM
Non-personally identifiable information: When you use the Service, we may collect information that will not be able to specifically identify you such as your birthday, gender and ethnicity.

This pretty much states that you can't be officially identified by your birthday which is what they're doing now. I *had* three level 40s in DFO, two level 24s in Dragons Nest and now I have nothing. I have to start all over because even though I can verify my identity every which way I don't know what I entered for my birthday. ****IT... At least $30 on DFO and $20 on DN, not including the hours spent doing surverys and offers for NX. SAD TIMES if they can't rectify this.

I also tried using the forgot password and even though i'm able to reset my password it doesn't count as "updating my account information" wow.
same here but i had 4 level 24's on DN almost geared out with 4.5k gold or maybe 5k if one of my items sold yesterday afternoon. Yay for nexon making us update password without asking us if we want to x]
using different account cuz i can't reply on the account i cant update.

lostmyaccount
08-30-2011, 12:31 AM
I feel your pain. I finally got a good selling system going on the auction house going. The other day I posted on the forums for an epic plate and someone offered 750g but I can't even reply to the fellow sigh...

I opened a ticket giving my full name, email, billing address's I've used for purchases, phone number that is verified, paypal account, I mean ffs I can give all my info to them but it doesn't matter because they want a silly birthday that I unfortunately fumbled.

the new beats
08-30-2011, 12:38 AM
i still don't understand why this update is forcing you to change your password Through your birthday if that wasn't the case i would had been done already,i hope they some how resolve the issue with the error in account management i been trying all night at it but no luck hopefully something will change tomorrow :(

lostmyaccount
08-30-2011, 12:48 AM
I hope this can be cleared up but it seems unlikely as it would require some effort to change the way the website verifies your identity. It seems really silly that you can change/reset your password all day long using just your e-mail yet in order to qualify for this update campaign you have to enter your birthday. :(

Kasajima
08-30-2011, 12:53 AM
Yep and they say we should change our password every 3months. I made my other account in january and then after 7 months it tells me to change my password. Like seriously, if nexon is going to say we "should" change it every 3months. So isn't it our decision to change it every 3 months or not and not force us to change it and if we dont we cant play/do anything with that account but log in and browse around and submit tickets.

Kasajima
08-30-2011, 01:03 AM
Amusing i just made another account and the only thing they asked for was passwordx2, dob, and retype letters/numbers/words and that was it no name or extra information.

EspadaEz
08-30-2011, 01:52 AM
jz now i download this game .. why cant play ??? teach mee...

Cantplay
08-30-2011, 09:36 AM
For the record let's not make this a Nexon hate thread. Regardless of whos fault it is, it has already happened and being mad about it won't fix it.

I'm sure this will be handled appropriately.

Orivir
08-30-2011, 09:52 AM
This is pathetic first of all, I had to sign on my friends account just to post something, because it wont let me create a name...

Asks to reset password, so I did reset password but I guess that is not good enough for them...

I sent in 8 tickets, 4 of them auto closed... awesome..

Why isnt Nexon dude on here commenting... instead ignoring this ? wait prob something they cant fix so just ignore... works great...

I am not re making an account just bec of Nexons F up. I just reset my password a month ago...

Nexon fix this, and try to bring back some kind of dignity to this company... its not rocket science...

Orivir
08-30-2011, 09:58 AM
Oh ya..

Password reset.. says incorrect last name.. i think i know my last name..

I go to reset email.. error reload page..
I go to add security questions... error reload page...

Orivir
08-30-2011, 10:00 AM
this is a forum for players to exchange trouble shooting ideas for TECHNICAL issues. can't help you with your nexon account even if I wanted to. Sorry. take your rage elsewhere, too busy trying to help people.

I been reading your re tar ded posts make you got a tempon up your as s ? seriously no one cares about your stupid little comments. Take them somewhere else, if your not helping move right along.

DrOph
08-30-2011, 10:02 AM
this is a forum for players to exchange trouble shooting ideas for TECHNICAL issues. can't help you with your nexon account even if I wanted to. Sorry. take your rage elsewhere, too busy trying to help people.

Cantplay
08-30-2011, 10:03 AM
This is pathetic first of all, I had to sign on my friends account just to post something, because it wont let me create a name...

Asks to reset password, so I did reset password but I guess that is not good enough for them...

I sent in 8 tickets, 4 of them auto closed... awesome..

Why isnt Nexon dude on here commenting... instead ignoring this ? wait prob something they cant fix so just ignore... works great...

I am not re making an account just bec of Nexons F up. I just reset my password a month ago...

Nexon fix this, and try to bring back some kind of dignity to this company... its not rocket science...

Well they just opened about 10 minutes ago so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Orivir
08-30-2011, 10:05 AM
Well they just opened about 10 minutes ago so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Yup, I will give them that, and we will see what happens. The smart thing to do is to make a post from Nexon saying they are having issues and are trying to resolve it, but nhaa nope.

Deathx
08-30-2011, 10:36 AM
Lmao any idea when nexon/atlris will fix this?

I was cruising around dfo nexon forums and I saw himes post in someones thread.

"-HIME- To answer some of your questions the new account management system gives our players more control over updating the information on their account. Now that is only great if you know the original information to grant you such access.

Right now I am working with our web team on working this out as it has locked some of our veterans out of the game. Thank you!"

DrOph
08-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Lmao any idea when nexon/atlris will fix this?

I was cruising around dfo nexon forums and I saw himes post in someones thread.

there are other posts about this, in more appropriate places. The DN tech forum won't get your issue exposed, so there is no use spamming here for answers. It becomes a distraction to people who have genuine tech support issues that need help.

thanks

Cantplay
08-30-2011, 11:32 AM
there are other posts about this, in more appropriate places. The DN tech forum won't get your issue exposed, so there is no use spamming here for answers. It becomes a distraction to people who have genuine tech support issues that need help.

thanks

There may be other places but the tech support forum is more fitting, because this is a technical issue and I would hope nexon staff looks here.
Most of what I've seen from you in this thread is just flaming and trolling. I highly doubt that this would be a distraction that would have a negative impact on anyone.

DrOph
08-30-2011, 11:35 AM
There may be other places but the tech support forum is more fitting, because this is a technical issue and I would hope nexon staff looks here.
Most of what I've seen from you in this thread is just flaming and trolling. I highly doubt that this would be a distraction that would have a negative impact on anyone.

No, this has absolutely nothing to do with the technical aspect of the game, and has to do with your Nexon account. I'm not flaming anything, I'm asking you to take it some place where you can get your issue resolved. This is a player to player forum for trouble shooting. Without a freak accident, nobody from Nexon will see this, or care to respond.

Cantplay
08-30-2011, 11:37 AM
No, this has absolutely nothing to do with the technical aspect of the game, and has to do with your Nexon account. I'm not flaming anything, I'm asking you to take it some place where you can get your issue resolved. This is a player to player forum for trouble shooting. Without a freak accident, nobody from Nexon will see this, or care to respond.

Please just ignore this thread, because we clearly have different opinions.

DrOph
08-30-2011, 11:46 AM
considering this:

Perhaps your "different view" is your problem. This is for the game, Dragon Nest - your issue, is with your Nexon account in general.

I've forgotten what I entered as my birthday (or other personal information) for my Passport ID. What do I do?

For security reasons, the name and birthday information provided when creating an account are kept strictly confidential and are never given out by Nexon employees and there is no way for players to find out the birthdays entered via any system. As such, all players are encouraged to use accurate information when creating their Nexon Passport ID. Using random numbers for birthday information may cause you to lose your account if you forget it.

this qoute is taken from here, a the support center page:

http://support.nexon.net/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=19000

I'm sorry, but they already have stated that they will not help you.

TooOld
08-30-2011, 12:07 PM
considering this:

Perhaps your "different view" is your problem. This is for the game, Dragon Nest - your issue, is with your Nexon account in general.

this qoute is taken from here, a the support center page:

I'm sorry, but they already have stated that they will not help you.

Shut the **** up.
What the hell is with these self righteous ***** on forums. It's not your job to monitor whether someone posts on the right thread or posts relevant material.

DrOph
08-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Shut the **** up.
What the hell is with these self righteous ***** on forums. It's not your job to monitor whether someone posts on the right thread or posts relevant material.

Yeah. I'm doing something useful for others, which is something you probably hardly ever think to do.

the quote you edited from my post makes it very clear, in the companies own words.

I've forgotten what I entered as my birthday (or other personal information) for my Passport ID. What do I do?

For security reasons, the name and birthday information provided when creating an account are kept strictly confidential and are never given out by Nexon employees and there is no way for players to find out the birthdays entered via any system. As such, all players are encouraged to use accurate information when creating their Nexon Passport ID. Using random numbers for birthday information may cause you to lose your account if you forget it.

this is quoted from:

learn to control yourself, and face it: if you cannot provide accurate account information, give it up. It's messed up, but that is not a reason to take it out on others.

Cantplay
08-30-2011, 12:35 PM
Posted a thread in general discussion because DrOph insisted upon it

http://dragonnest.nexon.net/community/forum#%2Fshowthread.php%3F30208-Can-t-play-the-game-due-to-needing-to-change-password%26p%3D265447%23post265447

DrOph
08-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Posted a thread in general discussion because DrOph insisted upon it

http://dragonnest.nexon.net/community/forum#%2Fshowthread.php%3F30208-Can-t-play-the-game-due-to-needing-to-change-password%26p%3D265447%23post265447

I posted one, too xD

dmitriel
08-30-2011, 08:11 PM
Well I'll also post here as a veteran account holder, except in my case its the e-mail Ive lost access to so I dont even get to entering whatever name and age I entered when signing up... Anyway lets keep these topics alive, nexon does check their own forums (unless they are really, really.. not smart) so if enough people complain they might actually do something.

Kasajima
08-31-2011, 08:16 PM
lol wow still no word from alteris or hime about this. hime answered on dfo forums yesterday but since then nothing from hime ever since.

dmitriel
09-01-2011, 05:24 PM
bump..10ch

DrOph
09-01-2011, 05:41 PM

this is from the support page

FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!
09-01-2011, 05:42 PM
I made another post in General again just now, this is horrible not one word on this from anyone

FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!
09-01-2011, 05:44 PM
to bad, i put the CORRECT INFORMATION!!! and it does not solve the RELOAD PAGE ERROR BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DrOph
09-01-2011, 05:44 PM

this is from the support page

HTodd
09-01-2011, 09:26 PM
You'll notice a common theme among the accounts that are now getting this "must update your account information" message. They are all people who have played DFO on that account at one time or another.

Apparently, a DFO/Nexon employee downloaded their customer account list and sold it to one of the gold selling (hacking) companies. So because DFO can't monitor/trust their own employees, WE get screwed over.

Why do I enter random/fake information when I create an account? I think Nexon just proved exactly why.

I lost access to my account that had high level Vindictus characters, as well as my Dragon Nest characters. I have spent quite a bit on NX for both of those games already, and WOULD have spent quite a bit more in the future. But not now. I am done with Nexon. There are plenty of other games out there to play. I am not about to trust my money with a company that can't even trust it's own employees.

Todd

DrOph
09-01-2011, 09:29 PM
You'll notice a common theme among the accounts that are now getting this "must update your account information" message. They are all people who have played DFO on that account at one time or another.

Apparently, a DFO/Nexon employee downloaded their customer account list and sold it to one of the gold selling (hacking) companies. So because DFO can't monitor/trust their own employees, WE get screwed over.

Why do I enter random/fake information when I create an account? I think Nexon just proved exactly why.

I lost access to my account that had high level Vindictus characters, as well as my Dragon Nest characters. I have spent quite a bit on NX for both of those games already, and WOULD have spent quite a bit more in the future. But not now. I am done with Nexon. There are plenty of other games out there to play. I am not about to trust my money with a company that can't even trust it's own employees.

Todd

do you have a credible source that that is in fact what happened? post a link, it could be helpful to people. perhaps you should consider seeking legal action against Nexon America.

did you guys on the DFO forums hear back from Hime on this issue? Hime was supposedly looking into it. Hopefully, this will be resolved.

lesson though; If I were to to use fake info, becuase I did not trust Nexon, I would make sure to make note of the information I entered. Perhaps in my email account, or perhaps in a notepad entry.

Hardmuscle
09-01-2011, 09:36 PM

That is a ludicrous request! You should have used the same information you used for the account you posted this thread under!
You are asking that they simply take your word for it, it's no different if you had my account information and you asked them for the pin.
How are they supposed to know that you own the said account? There is no way at all, stupid is no excuse~! Who makes a false account and doesn't put the false information on a notepad or makes a record of it? No one!!

To them and to myself, you appear to be trying to gain access to an account that you do not own.
Even if that is not the case, how can you expect anyone to think otherwise?

Not only that but the email account you used to activate this account, what about that? I suppose you forgot that too.
If and when you remember the email account you used, only then will you stand a farts chance in hell of getting it back.

Hardmuscle
09-01-2011, 09:48 PM

Todd

Do you have verifiable "proof" ?
No? then it is nothing more than hearsay ... Nexon Troll Rage QQ!!!
You will need this verifiable proof (beyond a doubt) if you expect to get anywhere legally.
You will get laughed out of the court room.

Not to mention, there isn't one lawyer in the country that would take your case.
The costs exceed the gain!! Get real please!!!

HTodd
09-01-2011, 10:06 PM
No? then it is nothing more than hearsay ... Nexon Troll Rage QQ!!!
You will need this verifiable proof (beyond a doubt) if you expect to get anywhere legally.
You will get laughed out of the court room.

Not to mention, there isn't one lawyer in the country that would take your case.
The costs exceed the gain!! Get real please!!!

Do you see anywhere in my post where I even hinted at any kind of legal action?

I simply said that I wasn't going to play Nexon games anymore.

Troll rager is accusing me of troll raging?

HTodd
09-01-2011, 10:09 PM
did you guys on the DFO forums hear back from Hime on this issue? Hime was supposedly looking into it. Hopefully, this will be resolved.

Hime dropped off the face of the earth immediately after making that statement.

HTodd
09-01-2011, 11:42 PM

Do a little google searching of your own. It's been reported in several places. No I don't have "verifiable proof". In order to have that, I would have to work for Nexon. Which I would never do. I have integrity.

dmitriel
09-02-2011, 07:22 PM
hmm, the thing about dfo does sound correct since I did create my account when dfo came out. Anyway regardless of what happened simply locking out players from their accounts and not even trying to help those that do contact through support is plain stupid. Unless nexon does give me my account back I have no intention of spending any more time or money with them, who knows when I'll lose the new account..

Fujimaki
09-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Does anyone know when the: There has been an error with the service. Please try reloading the page. problem be resolved?

DrOph
09-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Does anyone know when the: There has been an error with the service. Please try reloading the page. problem be resolved?

dude, make a new thread. do not revive these troll conversations :O

Fujimaki
09-03-2011, 08:07 PM
my bad Droph i'll do that thanks