PDA

View Full Version : An error occurred during installation. Please try again.

Jinglestarch
04-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Every time I try to download Vindictus, the launcher downloads the game and then a few seconds into installation, it stops and I am returned with this error.

I started noticing issues with the game yesterday. Everytime I tried to start the Wake Up Call mission for the daily, the game crashed while loading the level, saying 'missing map.' Then this morning, the game wouldn't even start up - crashed while loading the main menu with a similiar error about not being able to load a 'character model.' After a few crashes it said my files were out of sync and to reinstall. Now the game won't install. What's up? Are there login and install issues across the board today?

Prostar22
04-13-2012, 04:13 PM
lol i would just delete everything the file and all the vindictus file and redownload the game cuz i think ur missing a file ik it wud take like 3hour and the patch like 2hour but it's worth playing the game than trying to find file that you don't know and you found out that you have to redownload everything

Jinglestarch
04-13-2012, 04:17 PM
Oh trust me, I have uninstalled it and deleted what's left in the folder every time I reinstalled. Same thing every time.

I should add this error message which pops up after the install fails:
[ ERROR CODE = -40 ]
Installation failed.(11315,105)

Prostar22
04-13-2012, 04:48 PM
did you trying sending a ticket to nexon?

Jinglestarch
04-13-2012, 05:23 PM
I didn't since I always hear it takes months for them to respond and is generally a waste of time. Maybe I will if it doesn't fix itself soon, though

WholeShmeal
04-14-2012, 07:28 AM
I found a fix for these install errors

Download 7zip and extract the files from the installer
A window should show the corrupt files or files that failed to meet CRC write these down
Look for these files and delete them along with CurrentInfo.txt then launch the game with the .exe in the folder
The patcher should replace / fix the files that are corrupt

Jinglestarch
04-14-2012, 09:11 AM
Don't quite understand - how do I extract an installer?

I never get an exe in the folder either, as the game never completely installs. It aborts out of installation at random times. There was one time that it almost completed.

How can files be corrupt for a game that doesn't exist on my hard drive? I don't really get what the problem is, exactly.

WholeShmeal
04-14-2012, 11:35 AM
You right click the installer (VindictusSetupV151) and extract files to the desktop.
Once that is done write down the corrupted data and find it then delete it along with currentinfo.txt
Double click the EXE, the patcher should fix the missing files that you deleted

Jinglestarch
04-14-2012, 04:35 PM
I never get an installer downloaded, no VindictusSetupV151 exists on my harddrive - searched the whole thing. I never get anything in my browser's download manager, either. I just get some web client thingy that pops up to download and install the game. Is there a specific place to download this installer aside from clicking East Server on the main site?

WholeShmeal
04-15-2012, 06:11 AM
Use the manual download http://download2.nexon.net/Game/Vindictus/FullVersion/VindictusSetupV151.exe

Jinglestarch
04-15-2012, 09:13 AM
Okay, I downloaded the installer and extracted it with 7zip like you said. It found 4 corrupted files which I deleted. Am I supposed to run the extracted .exe? Doing so seemed to try and load the game, which gave me an error: File system error 35. Running the manual download .exe just gives me the usual 'an error occurred during installation' and a message saying my installation is corrupt. Which doesn't make any sense of course, since the game isn't installed.

Which exe should I use? I saw the hackshield thing pop up when using the extracted .exe, but never really saw a patcher.

Jinglestarch
04-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Oh whoopsie! I forgot to delete currentinfo.txt like you said in your first post. I got it to work! The game actually installed and works now! I....don't believe it!

A thousand thank you's for your help in getting it to work, I was getting ready to reinstall windows to fix it. Thanks again!