PDA

View Full Version : Dragon's Nest in Steam?

edy .
06-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Is it possible to run Dragon's Nest in the steam overlay stuff so we can play Dragon's nest and chat with friends in steam?

And if anyone has tried will it D/c u from the game?

I doubt you can do this, but doesn't hurt to ask I guess..

DiscoShark
06-15-2011, 11:21 PM
At this point I don't believe there's any sort of Steam integration with any of Nexon's games. It would be a fantastic addition and I believe it would do well with diversifying the community in game but at this point it's just not possible.

edy .
06-15-2011, 11:23 PM
:(
k, well I got my answer. Thanks for answering back so quick :D

Korvus
06-15-2011, 11:24 PM
Usually for games to work with steam, you need to have the game installed on your computer via in a folder somewhere you can path it through steam. Dragon Nest is game start feature so that would not work.

Red
06-15-2011, 11:25 PM
Would be a great addition to the F2P cycle.

Bluesky
06-15-2011, 11:25 PM
LOL
you are soooooooooo innocent
DN is a free game
and ALL of steam games are charging
this game is starting for website
its not useful for steam

DiscoShark
06-15-2011, 11:27 PM
LOL
you are soooooooooo innocent
DN is a free game
and ALL of steam games are charging

Steam has just recently started adding Free to Play games to their library. Their current selection includes Spiral Knights, Global Agenda, and some others.

Minai
06-15-2011, 11:32 PM
Usually for games to work with steam, you need to have the game installed on your computer via in a folder somewhere you can path it through steam. Dragon Nest is game start feature so that would not work.

Mmm...not sure if i'm right, but I found the directory where my Dragon Nest is installed but I haven't gotten the chance to test it. Isn't Dragon Nest's game start feature via the website similar to Vindictus? Previously I could launch Vindictus via the non-steam game shortcut. The problem with this (and it came up as a problem for some other people), was that the anti-hack program (HackShield I think?) detected the non-steam launching as a hack and would cause the game to close.

I don't know if it will do the same for Dragon Nest but maybe it could work?

MeXiCaN
06-15-2011, 11:33 PM
Mmm...not sure if i'm right, but I found the directory where my Dragon Nest is installed but I haven't gotten the chance to test it. Comapred to Vindictus, isn't Dragon Nest's game start feature via the website similar to Vindictus? Previously I could launch Vindictus via the non-steam game shortcut. The problem with this (and it came up as a problem for some other people), was that the anti-hack program (HackShield I think?) detected the non-steam launching as a hack and would cause the game to close.

u can launch DN via a Gamelauncher.

Minai
06-15-2011, 11:35 PM
u can launch DN via a Gamelauncher.

Ahh I see okay thanks.

Korvus
06-15-2011, 11:39 PM
Reason for that is because hackshield detects steam as a 3rd party program. Maybe you could try it out. May cause problems though.

Bluesky
06-15-2011, 11:39 PM
Mmm...not sure if i'm right, but I found the directory where my Dragon Nest is installed but I haven't gotten the chance to test it. Isn't Dragon Nest's game start feature via the website similar to Vindictus? Previously I could launch Vindictus via the non-steam game shortcut. The problem with this (and it came up as a problem for some other people), was that the anti-hack program (HackShield I think?) detected the non-steam launching as a hack and would cause the game to close.

IT's not work
It may work in CN version's DN
But it not work in US version
in every US games,first you need to log in on there official website
if you just open the client,it can not identify your account

Bluesky
06-15-2011, 11:41 PM
steam has just recently started adding free to play games to their library. Their current selection includes spiral knights, global agenda, and some others.

thanks for remind
its awesome

Flare
06-15-2011, 11:43 PM
If this can be done and you'd like Nexon to look into it you could always trying submitting it into the "Report Bugs / Feedback" Option under the "Closed Beta" Tab :)