PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Nest Launching Errors

Slifer
06-17-2011, 01:31 PM
I use Windows Ultimate 64 bit Service Pack 1.

1) When using the DNLauncher.exe I get an error:
Launcher initialization failed. (E:3)

2) When using the DragonNest.exe I get an error:
NMService initialization failed. (GetCommandLine is null)

Mr. Noobtastic
06-17-2011, 02:40 PM
You have to launch through the desktop icon that's created. It brings you to the Dragon Nest website and you have to log in and launch the game from the site, which I don't like. Why not make a executable that you can launch from the desktop without going through the website? Makes no sense to me.

Muddleglum
06-17-2011, 05:00 PM
I have the same exact issue. I have tried every browser I have (IE, Chrome. FF). I have the same OS as above. Getting Launcher Initialization Failed (E:3).

Klypto
06-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Launching through the browser gives you that error?

Can you try reinstalling?

Muddleglum
06-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Yes launching through the browser. And allready tried re-installing. I found some other thread about useing the HSupdate and restarting modem and computer but nothing works. I am in NA and I don't use a ***** so I don't think it's a region block thing either.

Klypto
06-17-2011, 05:19 PM
What Antivirus and firewall do you have?

Have you tried shutting them off?

Muddleglum
06-17-2011, 05:25 PM
I use avast and turning it off and turning off windows firewall has no effect. Same error.

Caelas
06-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Try resetting your computer. That worked for me.

JWonggg
06-17-2011, 06:09 PM
Hey everyone

I see that there are problems with launching the game but we found some way to bypass it. Please use the shortcut on the desktop (which leads to the website) then web launching with the play button. This should bypass the launch fail.

I know if you run the game by running "Dragonnest.exe" and "DNLauncher.exe" it might not work. Hope this information helps you guys.

Nevermore
06-17-2011, 06:22 PM
Well, the "Launcher initialization failed. (E:3)" happens to me yesterday, but didn't happen now (before launcher update the game).
So I guess E:3 is a server side problem. (since I change nothing on my client side and it works again)

BTW, I even get E:8 (not 3)error yesterday. Don't know what that means.
Why don't you people write some readable error message instead of E1,2,3,4,5. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Klypto
06-17-2011, 07:20 PM
I use avast and turning it off and turning off windows firewall has no effect. Same error.

For testing purposes, can you try uninstalling Avast and then launching through the web browser? (preferably IE)

Pearz
06-17-2011, 07:49 PM
I get the exact same error and using the same OS as OP.
I have tried booting through website, disabled firewall and tried booting through the website with (FF, Opera, Chrome, IE)

I tried restarting and reinstalled Dragon nest 3 times. Same error persists.

Klypto
06-17-2011, 07:52 PM
I get the exact same error and using the same OS as OP.
I have tried booting through website, disabled firewall and tried booting through the website with (FF, Opera, Chrome, IE)

I tried restarting and reinstalled Dragon nest 3 times. Same error persists.

What antivirus and firewall do you have?

iEclipse
06-17-2011, 08:36 PM
If you are having this problem, you are most likely using an out-of-date internet explorer version or you are using google chrome. Most other players that I have heard from are saying that mozilla firefox helped them out. So if you haven't already, consider trying firefox before replying.

Pearz
06-17-2011, 08:51 PM
IE 8.0, Firefox 4.0, Chrome likes their auto-update ****, Opera 11

No antivirus or firewall, disabled the windows one and all the windows security too.

Katiebat
06-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Also getting this error intermittently (E:3). Windows 7 Ultimate x64, all security disabled, Firefox 4.01. Happens whether I tun it through the browser or the folder, but only sometimes. Updating hackshield, restarting my modem, router and computer, doesn't seem to change the frequency.

lcizzle
06-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Trying right clicking your browser and using "run as administrator". I had to do this in Dragon Nest as well as Vindictus to play the game.

LastExile
06-18-2011, 05:56 PM
you know whats funny, i just started playing the CB yesterday because of slow download. game was working fine even with my avast shield and spyware terminator shield on. now today it was working so-so. after i disconnected from the game all i get is this E3 error. idk why its doing this now all of a sudden, but if this screws me out of the cbt title i'll be very pissed with the game makers. they should have let us logon through the client instead of it opening the website, even if its more expensive to do that who the **** cares, the game is gonna make insane amounts anyways. personally i think its the site thats doing it and its very annoying.

LastExile
06-18-2011, 06:35 PM
well i reinstalled the game, and its working. we'll see how that turns out. however for the future, game makers may want to do something about it so we dont have to reinstall after ever screw up the client and site may have. i dont wanna have to install it and redownload any patches i may have missed when this could happen every day.

Shannon
06-18-2011, 09:23 PM
I have the exact same problem, ive tried switching from IE, Aura, firefox and none are working. ive restarted my computer ive re-downloaded and re-installed the game.
it still doesnt work. please help me i really want to play

DarkShadowz
06-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Hey everyone

I see that there are problems with launching the game but we found some way to bypass it. Please use the shortcut on the desktop (which leads to the website) then web launching with the play button. This should bypass the launch fail.

I know if you run the game by running "Dragonnest.exe" and "DNLauncher.exe" it might not work. Hope this information helps you guys.

I much prefer to launch games from my computer rather than the website. It seems like a lot of hassle to me. I remember nexon use to let everything launch from the desktop. It really does annoy me to have to go to the website to login and play the game. I can't see what possible reason there is for launching form website; to drive traffic to the website? That would be horrible. What possible reason could there be?

edy .
06-18-2011, 11:24 PM
I'm having the same problem as everyone else :\

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I can log on through the website...but I would rather log on though a desktop shortcut instead of having to go to the site then log in and press play :\. Any way around to make the launcher work with out having to go to the website?

Klypto
06-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Non-website launching is not available in closed beta.

Charlotte
06-20-2011, 12:48 AM
Wasn't having this problem for the last few days, but I've just run into it. :/

No idea how to fix. Using Windows 7 64-bit. Tried in Firefox and Chrome. IE always tries to download the NexonGameManager.exe when I click play, so I'm updating to IE 9 and seeing if it helps.

Super frustrating.

Charlotte
06-20-2011, 01:08 AM
Since I can't edit...

Whenever I make it to the launcher and hit play, I get a new error. "NMService Initialize Failed ( Error Auth )" or something, followed by some Korean letters.

Killua
06-20-2011, 08:08 AM
Launcher Initialization Failed (E:3) is when you try to use the .xex, you have to launch the game from the website. If you get Launcher Initialization Failed (E:3) using the play button, just log out and back in, should be fixed.