PDA

View Full Version : Can't charge NX with paypal

mmmpie
04-06-2011, 04:05 AM
Hi,

i get this msg when i try to charge NX via paypal:

"This transaction has been determined as high risk causing the verification process to fail. Please ensure that your paypal billing information is correct and no methods are being used to misrepresent your billing location."

i'm from germany, does that mean i can't buy from here? or is it maybe because first/last name from my nexon id don't match the paypal account?

how can i charge NX now?

Syd
04-06-2011, 07:24 AM
Hi,

i get this msg when i try to charge NX via paypal:

"This transaction has been determined as high risk causing the verification process to fail. Please ensure that your paypal billing information is correct and no methods are being used to misrepresent your billing location."

i'm from germany, does that mean i can't buy from here? or is it maybe because first/last name from my nexon id don't match the paypal account?

how can i charge NX now?

I had the same problem (I'm from France). Submitted a ticket but of course, no answer. From digging around the interwebs, it seems that they do indeed block you from using PayPal if you Nexon name and info doesn't match your PayPal info (might be lots more reasons, why they block, but this seems to be the most common one).

It's completely idiotic. Who the hell uses real names in a game?

You're better off using the Pay by Cash, from Germany. It's what someone advised me in another topic and I did a test charge, it seems to work. I didn't have any extra fees and there's no limitations on the credit.

Their system is so confusing though.

Shadyside
04-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Yup.. Same problem...

Memorize
04-06-2011, 07:46 AM
Nexon is well known to give a massive amount of issues to non-North American users with charging NX in most ways. You can still do it, but you have to jump through a crap load more hoops to do so.

pachi
04-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Too bad for them, they are the ones losing market share. Time to review transactions procedures? They would probably learn a thing or two with ndoors and their multiple ways of doing transactions without all these obstacles.

Yshie
04-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Yep, I m from Europe and got same message. Then I tried with just credit card and it gave me "0 code error" weird thingie. Then I looked at their other payment methods and all the other ones are only available from North America or Australia/NZ. My Warrior Pack runs out tomorrow, i guess i ll juts try to find an other game, or stay idle and fish/autocraft until i find a better game. Cause at my lvl and since I am working all day, I don't have time to spend 2 hours just running around without teleport license and achieveing nothing else.

tidusboi
04-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Yshie, i have the same sentiments

Memorize
04-06-2011, 07:57 PM
They've operated the same way since they first introduced NX here, and I don't think they're going to change that. Even though yeah, they do lose quite a bit of money.

Syd
04-07-2011, 02:52 AM
Just for info, for those who maybe didn't get an answer yet, my PayPal support ticket got closed with a stock reply of "We're sorry you've been having problems, blah blah, don't use ******* (I'm not), blah blah, make sure information is correct, blah blah, find other methods to buy NX"

I very much doubt they'll do anything more.

mmmpie
04-07-2011, 03:00 AM
hey syd, thanks for the tip with paybycash. i was able to charge nx now, but paybycash sadly doesn't offer paypal as payment method (though it's listed on their main page as supported for german customers). had i only known about this earlier...hope it will at least save others some trouble.

Syd
04-07-2011, 03:38 AM
Yes, pay by cash seems to work. It's too bad the whole thing is so confusing. When I first saw pay by cash I assumed cash meant... cash, not realizing that you can still use your credit card for it (visa worked for me)

cgvarela
04-07-2011, 07:04 AM
Your Wrong im from Europe, Portugal: i did paypal charge, got nexon name and info different and i can charge

Yshie
04-07-2011, 08:42 AM
Your Wrong im from Europe, Portugal: i did paypal charge, got nexon name and info different and i can charge

Hah that's funny. I have the same info on Nexon and my paypal account and got denied payment for "potentially high risk".
Kinda makes you wonder what makes them then determine a Paypal account is "high risk" o.O

And I have used my paypal for years on several games without any problems ever (including NDoors), this is the first time I get denied for some random unknown reason.

Nephrium
05-05-2011, 01:46 PM
I share your pain! I am from Canada and play NACA Combat Arms and I have the exact same problem buying NX using paypal or credicard. I log onto my office computer, 30 km from home and it work perfectly with the same paypal account. Nexon don't give a dam about the problem, send automated response and provide no help whatsoever to fix the problem. Makes you wonder how can they still be into business!

yasha
05-05-2011, 03:08 PM
same I can't use paypal. I don't know what nexon is thinking.

This game is for mostly mature players.

People can spend more than $150 for deco/mount. Market is frozed somehow. I can't sell any equipment for a couple weeks now.