PDA

View Full Version : Disconnected from the World

GreatfulKill
07-26-2011, 04:38 PM
Is it just me with this problem? When I log in and the game finishes loading and the screen turns black a small pop up shows up saying "Disconnected from the world." Why is this happening? I've been trying and trying over again ever since the OBT was online and I just can't seem to play. If anyone has a fix for this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Xiro
07-26-2011, 04:39 PM
I get this, but only when I'm afk for a few minutes.

GreatfulKill
07-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Ah, but I can't even get in the game. Atleast you have. I had no problems during CBT the game ran well. Also I forgot to add that when I log in a window shows up saying that I need 1GB of ram free, when I clearly do.

Xiro
07-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Try restarting your computer, and then try again. Tends to work with my other games.

Neku64
07-26-2011, 04:44 PM
I am getting disconneted as well. but it may be to all the people trying to log in at once. We got to wait a few hours and see how it gose.

GreatfulKill
07-26-2011, 04:46 PM
I'll try restarting my computer again and Neku I hope your right, I hope it's just the fact of too many people logging in.

Xiro
07-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Try again tomorrow and see. Also try selecting a different server if you do manage to get in.

GreatfulKill
07-26-2011, 05:21 PM
I tried restarting my computer and no luck. Guess I'll have to wait.

Kootsvayouma
07-26-2011, 05:23 PM
yah i d/c alot. didnt happen on closed beta.

Very Jerry
07-26-2011, 05:33 PM
Yah me too i keep getting that. So after i finish a dungeon i would go back to town. When i get to town i would get laggy and then a notice says ive been "Disconnected from the world". I find open beta alot laggier and glitchier than Closed Beta so this could be a sign Nexon still needs to do some fixes here and there.

GreatfulKill
07-26-2011, 05:43 PM
At least you guys can play. I'm just looking around the forums while nexon fixes this, I'm sure it's nothing on my part.

Moogle
07-26-2011, 08:55 PM
No. I am having the EXACT same problem. Loading screen tutorial loads for like 5 minutes then a black screen then the Disconnected from the world box. I can't play at all either.

MrKidd
07-26-2011, 09:06 PM
same here i tried every server each channel and restarted my computer. I even tried using game booster and that still don't help

Moogle
07-27-2011, 12:57 AM
Bump
10/char

Angels6thsin
07-27-2011, 01:34 AM
I have the same problem... I may not be able to play all OB... -_-
I already missed today because of this.
Now I can't get my wings or my scales.
This really sucks... Like, really really sucks.

**EDIT**
It seems the game always closes after being open for about 5-10 minutes.
It's something like that...
I haven't gotten to play the game at all because when it's loading the tutorial it disconnects around the time it's done or almost done loading.

kuuki
07-27-2011, 01:43 AM
It's nice to see that I am not alone, yet it is not nice to not find any official statements about the issue.
Even something like "This is a known issue and it is currently trying to be resolved" would be great.

Angels6thsin
07-27-2011, 01:49 AM
It's nice to see that I am not alone, yet it is not nice to not find any official statements about the issue.
Even something like "This is a known issue and it is currently trying to be resolved" would be great.

I agree, but, I think by tomorrow someone from Nexon will probably notice this.
If not then we're stuck until the next patch probably and... I don't want that to happen. DX
I hope someway they can give me my wings... extend the time or something... or do SOMETHING...
It's not fair that I can't play to earn my wings when I have the time to do so and I want to.

MrKidd
07-27-2011, 02:06 AM
I hope the extend it cause this sucks. I been trying all day since the server open to play and nothing happens.

Moogle
07-27-2011, 03:36 AM
I just gave up. I might try again a bit later down the line. *Sigh This is disappointing...

Angels6thsin
07-27-2011, 07:22 AM
Sadness... I still get the same message while loading the tutorial.

- I've allowed everything DragonNest related through my firewall.
- I've tried different browsers.
- I've restarted my computer.

I dunno...
n3X0N W3 N33dZ U t0 F!x th1S!!!

**EDIT**
I'm going to try and re-install...
Maybe, that will work...
Hmm.

Angels6thsin
07-27-2011, 09:01 AM
Okay, so far

- I've allowed everything DragonNest related through my firewall.
- I've tried different browsers.
- I've restarted my computer.
- I've re-downloaded and re-installed DragonNest.

I'm still getting the "Disconnected from the world." message while waiting for the tutorial to load. (More specifically, after I click start game on the character select screen and it starts loading.)
-sigh-

Seasqwaa
07-27-2011, 09:51 AM
I posted this in the SB forums I think...
But, after many tries, I got in after having this problem.

I live in the US, so clearly, it's not my area, but for some reason, when I activate Hotspot Shield at the character screen (tab out after logging in), the black screen passes super fast and I never got the message again, at least, until I disabled it.

It was a strange fix I think, but it worked for me, and I hope it can help someone else as well!

A search will suffice for the program; it's free.
Though, when activated, ads will pop up in your browser. I suggest only using it while the game is up.

And remember, at the character screen; else you can't log in!

Angels6thsin
07-27-2011, 10:55 AM
I posted this in the SB forums I think...
But, after many tries, I got in after having this problem.

I live in the US, so clearly, it's not my area, but for some reason, when I activate Hotspot Shield at the character screen (tab out after logging in), the black screen passes super fast and I never got the message again, at least, until I disabled it.

It was a strange fix I think, but it worked for me, and I hope it can help someone else as well!

A search will suffice for the program; it's free.
Though, when activated, ads will pop up in your browser. I suggest only using it while the game is up.

And remember, at the character screen; else you can't log in!

I'm not sure why that would work, but I'll try it. :P
Thanks for posting that.

SceneRemix
07-27-2011, 11:05 AM
i hope it works angle tel us if it does cause i would love to play >.<

Moogle
07-27-2011, 11:38 AM
What do you mean activate the Hotspot Shield? What is that?

Klypto
07-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Try shutting off your Anti-Virus and Firewall next time. There may be settings that have to be adjusted within those programs to allow it to run properly, this will help identify if that is the case.

If that doesn't work:

Try doing a Winsock reset:

For Windows XP

* Press "Windows Key"+R
o The Run box should now appear
* Type "cmd.exe" in the box and click "OK"
o The command prompt window should now appear
* Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press "Enter" on your keyboard
* Then type "netsh winsock reset" and press "Enter" on your keyboard
* Reboot your PC.

For Vista/7

* In the start menu search bar, type "cmd"
o "cmd.exe" should be one of the first things on the list
* Right Click "cmd.exe" and select "Run as administrator"
* Reboot your PC.

And if that doesn't work:

Try shutting off your internet modem / router for 5 minutes to flush the cache.

If all of the above doesn't work, please post:

What Internet Service do you have?

What modem/router?

Are you playing Wirelessly?

Where are you generally located?

coolspy79
07-27-2011, 11:49 AM
the same thinghas hapend to mei tryed every thing and nun hapens :(

Klypto
07-27-2011, 11:58 AM
For those having this issue, can you post your dxdiag?

hold the Windows key and hitting R
Click Run
Enter in the Open field : dxdiag
Hit Enter or click OK

The DXDiag panel opens. It has tabs for a number of details on your PC. Above you see DxDiag opened on the display tab.
Notice the 'Save All Information' button at the bottom. Clicking this button will save all dxdiag information into a text file. Once you have saved all the information, open the file and copy all contents of it into pastebin.com and then post the link to it here.

MrKidd
07-27-2011, 12:06 PM
My friend has the same computer as me and he can run the game just fine but i posted my stuff anyway. http://pastebin.com/pBtY6D7Y

Klypto
07-27-2011, 12:13 PM
Please update your system. You are running SP1, the current version for Vista should be SP2.

MrKidd
07-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Been trying to do that but it won't the update page on my computer just gives me a page failed to load

coolspy79
07-27-2011, 12:25 PM
well at leat you guys are playing

MrKidd
07-27-2011, 12:28 PM
i'm not playing

Klypto
07-27-2011, 01:32 PM
What update page?

Angels6thsin
07-27-2011, 09:00 PM
i hope it works angle tel us if it does cause i would love to play >.<

It worked. Again, I don't know why... I live in the USA, more specifically the state of Ohio. My time is EST. So... I don't know why it worked... but whatever.

Angels6thsin
07-27-2011, 09:04 PM
What do you mean activate the Hotspot Shield? What is that?

It's something you have to download just google "Hotspot Shield" and you'll find it. First make sure its off then load up Dragon Nest, pick a server, then go to the character selection screen, WAIT! Don't click start. Press "Alt + Tab" and now start the Hotspot Shield program. After its started right click its icon in your lower right tray and click "Connect" and wait. A browser should open. Click the connect button you see and now go back to Dragon Nest and you won't get disconnected anymore.

tomesu
07-27-2011, 09:21 PM
-_- verymuch problems

me problem is when i select me character and select a server, never load and me character keep moving *-)

***?!

MrKidd
07-28-2011, 01:26 PM
It's something you have to download just google "Hotspot Shield" and you'll find it. First make sure its off then load up Dragon Nest, pick a server, then go to the character selection screen, WAIT! Don't click start. Press "Alt + Tab" and now start the Hotspot Shield program. After its started right click its icon in your lower right tray and click "Connect" and wait. A browser should open. Click the connect button you see and now go back to Dragon Nest and you won't get disconnected anymore.
Are you sure this works?

Proto Merkabah
07-28-2011, 04:50 PM
It didn't work for a number of people, like myself. I still get disconnected after 2-4 minutes of being in the game. Looking at the other methods, such as the msconfig fix, doesn't work either. =( I've tried all the things suggested, and none work.

Proto Merkabah
07-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Maybe it only works for those in US?

Proto Merkabah
07-28-2011, 04:57 PM
It didn't work for a number of people, like myself. I still get disconnected after 2-4 minutes of being in the game. Looking at the other methods, such as the msconfig fix, doesn't work either. =( I've tried all the things suggested, and none work. This only happened after their maintenance yesterday. I had no problems before that maintenance.

franktyoad123
07-29-2011, 11:49 AM
Try restarting your computer, and then try again. Tends to work with my other games.

This doesn't work.

Try again tomorrow and see. Also try selecting a different server if you do manage to get in.

This doesn't work.

This doesn't work for 99% of people.

Rather than random suggestions does anyone have any idea on the actual cause of this problem? I'm experiencing it as well and so far the only solution that has worked for me is spam logging until EVENTUALLY it lets me in. That may take 2 mins or 2 hours .. maybe longer. Not really reliable but at least I'm getting my daily log in. I don't think it has anything to do with the server population as I've gotten on with fair and normal servers/channels as well as have been disconnected with excellent connection and good server health. It would be nice if some official of Nexon could at least acknowledge this issue.. let us know we aren't screwed out of a game we all clearly would love to play. :\

Legumi
07-29-2011, 12:06 PM
This "Disconnected from the world" happens to me too, except only in the second phase of a particular dungeon -o- (Temple of the Sleepers) so I guess I can't complete the story? ;~;

EternalShadowBunneh
07-29-2011, 12:13 PM
Yeah, I'm having the same problem. I'm gonna try the solutions that other users posted.

EternalShadowBunneh
07-29-2011, 12:18 PM
Will you have to do this repeatedly, or just once?

Valkarius
07-29-2011, 12:23 PM
I find it funny that Alteris can be brave enough to do some boring not funny video dare but he can't be bothered to post in the technical support section saying that nexon knows of the issue and is working on a fix. Not only is this bug ruining the game for people it is also making it very hard to participate in the OBT events.

coffeepanic
07-29-2011, 12:25 PM
This "Disconnecting from World" happens to me constantly during the afternoon, but around 10pm through the early morning its perfectly fine. So is it just during the busy day people are experiencing the problem?

Sorry for spelling/punctuation errors.

Lily
07-29-2011, 01:26 PM
-finishes Dead Man's Road-
-Walks up the ? bubble-
*click*
"Disconnected from World"

That's the biggest F you I've gotten in years...
I've had this issue now twice, when completing dungeons.
Nothing changes, relogging in only serves a purpose of looking at quests taunting me in the face.

franktyoad123
07-29-2011, 03:45 PM
tremendously frustrating isn't it? T_T

Richie
07-29-2011, 05:27 PM
RAWR *** , got past the 108 error now constant disconnects

EternalShadowBunneh
07-29-2011, 05:58 PM
wow thnx your suggestion rlly worked

Cosmos
07-29-2011, 06:01 PM
This is like the 13 time today, i have never seen so much d/c on a open beta before

Erstok
07-29-2011, 06:07 PM
Ever play Vindictus open beta? It actually crashed more then this game.

EternalShadowBunneh
07-30-2011, 05:29 AM
Try shutting off your Anti-Virus and Firewall next time. There may be settings that have to be adjusted within those programs to allow it to run properly, this will help identify if that is the case.

If that doesn't work:

Try doing a Winsock reset:

For Windows XP

* Press "Windows Key"+R
o The Run box should now appear
* Type "cmd.exe" in the box and click "OK"
* Reboot your PC.

For Vista/7

* In the start menu search bar, type "cmd"
o "cmd.exe" should be one of the first things on the list
* Right Click "cmd.exe" and select "Run as administrator"
* Reboot your PC.

And if that doesn't work:

Try shutting off your internet modem / router for 5 minutes to flush the cache.

If all of the above doesn't work, please post:

What Internet Service do you have?

What modem/router?

Are you playing Wirelessly?

Where are you generally located?

Thanks it worked now i can play