PDA

View Full Version : A Hybrid Build for future Gladiators and Moonlords.

DanxDDan
07-27-2011, 10:50 AM
So I figured to make things easier for me, here are some builds for the essentials of a Swordsman. I'll have spare SP in the end and I'll give my input on what that extra SP could go in. This guide is also intended for complete newbies without any knowledge of a Swordsman so I'll be feeding you guys like babies :P. Without further ado, let's get started.

Note: I'll refer to the names MMOsite gives. I'll be using a Chinese skill simulator as it is most recent with the skills that we have in our version and it tells how much SP you will be spending and how much leftover. The skill names might be different in game or subject to change. Check the MMOsite simulator or DN Armory skill calculator for translation of skills.

MMOsite: http://db.mmosite.com/dn/t3_skill/swordmaster.php

DN Armory: http://dnarmory.com/skill-calc?c=1&sc=11

Warning: Reading ahead might cause vertigo and fear of walls of text. Read at your own discretion. Oh what the heck, conquer your fears and read to be enlightened.

DanxDDan
07-27-2011, 10:51 AM
I guess we'll start with Gladiator.
http://dn.duowan.com/2zmnq616/gladiator.html?-WVs-sHGCRfPUqEodpJ9gChJ|140$289$45

Now let's discuss skills starting with Warrior

Impact Punch and Heavy Slash both at Lv. 1? Yes. Raising them makes barely a difference. You're limited in SP.

Rising Slash Lv. 6? Isn't 5 good enough? Lv. 6 adds an extra slash in the attack which can combo into Aerial Combo. Also very good in PvP. I hear Rising Slash at 10 or 11+ gives more superarmor but I haven't confirmed that.

Surprise Attack simply because it's good for recovery. Don't wanna be tossed around by them elves *evilstare*

Impact Wave Lv. 4 cause it's prerequisite for Moonlight Splitter.

Drop Kick and Sweeping Kick are nice to have. Especially if you get a 50% Animation Speed Crest. Lv. 1 on both is fine.

Circle Break (Destructive Swing) Lv. 1? You won't be using it as much later on but early on, it is a great skill. Wish the cooldown could be lower though :P

Tumble, Aerial Evasion, and Dash are a must. Applies to all Warriors. Max them. You have no idea how much they save you and prevent you from being squash. You will always be dodging enemy attacks in the future.

Highlander (Lifesaver) is a given. Take it. 0 SP.

Physical Mastery (Health Bolster) should be maxed. You could never go wrong with too much HP. On the other hand, Mental Mastery (Mental Fortitude) should just be Lv. 2 to unlock Mental Training. I just take Lv. 1 for it but you could take more.

Finally, Relieve should be maxed. Its cooldown decreases with skill level and removes more buffs. You could keep it at Lv. 3 if you want (because I have no idea anyone could have 3+ debuffs on them at the same time).

DanxDDan
07-27-2011, 11:21 AM
(Continued from Gladiator)

Wish I could reserve posts, but Nexon's editing times suck.

Swordsman skills.

Triple Slash at Lv. 11 to get Triple Slash EX when a Gladiator. It's a decent skill.

Aerial Combo at Lv. 1. Any more into it doesn't matter because damage increase is minimal and no cooldown decrease.

Deep Straight (Forward Thrust) isn't the best but it's pretty good to have. Keep at Lv. 2 to get Hacking Stance.

Hacking Stance in PvE, not so great. In PvP if you can get it in, destroys your opponent. The hit-stun is low. Keep it at Lv. 3 because damage increase is minimal.

Line Drive (Frenzied Charge) is amazing. You can get up to 6 hits with this skill depending on who or what you're fighting. Against small mobs, not many hits. Against Nest-sized bosses, many hits. Were it not for its long cooldown would it be the best. I keep it at 3 but it's one of the skills that you can invest leftover SP on because it's powerful.

Infinity Edge is your Ultimate and the strongest skill in the game to be exact. The good thing is you need to get it for a Gladiator skill.

Dash Slash and Dash Combo both at 1. This is why you don't add any SP into Dash Kick. Cause this is the better of the two.

I choose to keep Eclipse at 1 because I find Lv. 1 to already be good. Another skill that you can invest leftover SP on. This skill is awesome in decreasing the superarmor of enemies. So you won't be interrupted as easily.

Heavy Hammer (Luring Slice, Hemorrahage, whatever) is amazing. it gives you an awesome damage multiplier. I keep it at Lv. 5 because the multiplier doesn't increase as much after that. But this is definitely a skill worth investing leftover SP. This skill is more for PvE than PvP though.

Counter Exile (Counter Cross) at Lv. 1 is fine. Anything beyond is a waste of SP. Though you get this kinda late at Level 35, it's your main aerial recovery skill alongside with Aerial Evasion -> Aerial Combo.

Parrying is simply Lv. 3 to unlock the next skill. 10 or so percent of blocking does show up though.

Counter Slash Lv. 2. Counter Wave Lv. 1. Beyond those levels, it's pointless.

Parrying Stance is another skill that could use the leftover SP. 100% of blocking when not in the offensive state. Sounds nice? In PvE, yes. In PvP, no.

I don't think I need to explain Moonlight Splitter Lv. 2.

I choose to keep Cyclone Slash at Lv. 3 to unlock Crescent Cleave. If you're worrying that you can't mob enemies well, then get Cyclone to Lv. 6 for a bigger cyclone. But then again, I feel that the extra SP could go elsewhere since you'll barely have any Magic Attack to back this skill up.

I decided to get Crescent Cleave Lv. 5 because it shoots out 5 waves than the typical 3. Not very strong considering you're a Gladiator but it's a great utility skill. But if you really don't want to, drop it down to Lv. 3.

Lv. 1 Halfmoon Slash cause again, not much Magic Attack to back this move up. Line Drive will do you more justice. But regardless of that, Halfmoon is still amazing. Just not as amazing in the hands of a Gladiator.

Phew. A little break here. But it's not over yet. Actually I shouldn't explain the Tertiary classes since we won't be getting them anytime soon. So next is the future Moonlord.

DanxDDan
07-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Now is what I'm sure a bunch were waiting for. The Moonlord. I'm not going to be posting the Warrior skills as they are exactly the same as Gladiator.

http://dn.duowan.com/2zmnq616/moonlord.html?-NgY-zTLtduRGS7Cd29rlShJ|140$297$50

Since the Gladiator and Moonlord builds have a lot of similarities, I'll only be stating the differences (and that means no wall of text *cheers*). Plus why would I want to restate the same things again?

Swordmaster skills:

Moonlight Splitter at Lv. 11 because it's the prerequisite for Moonlight Splitter EX at Moonlord. This is one of your main DPS skills even before getting its EX skill because it's strong and has a low cooldown of 9 seconds. It gets even better with its EX skill.

This time I went with Cyclone Slash Lv. 6 cause that cyclone is huge. This time with Magic Attack to back it up, it's certainly a great skill to mob with. It's damage isn't as nice as Moonlight.

Lv. 5 Crescent Cleave for its 5 waves. powerful if a Nest-sized boss were to take the impact of all 5 waves. I believe it was 30 hits? As for mobs of enemies, it's also nice to clear away enemies if they're all closing in on you.

Halfmoon Slash with a 50% Animation Speed Crest can make 30 enemies poof before you even blink (okay, maybe not). This is a skill worth investing leftover SP on.

Great Wave doesn't have crazy damage like Infinity Edge, but come on now, Infinity Edge is just rigged with power. Great Wave is a more standard Ultimate. Powerful, flashy, and destroys mobs. As a future Moonlord, you're gonna have to get this skill to unlock Moonblade Dance at Moonlord.

I hear some people really like Line Drive for its power. So this is another option for investing leftover SP. But I just got 1 Lv. for it simply just to get this skill. More skills means more versatility.

The ride's finally over. Anyone still alive? I'm happy to answer any questions. And I may add more some time in the future.

Justin\
07-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Cool :D I'll be sure to use this xD

Scary
07-27-2011, 05:00 PM
Aren't Moonlords only good at PvE? I hear Glads weren't that great from a bunch of ML elitists

Scary
07-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Aren't Moonlords only good at PvE? I hear Glads weren't that great from a bunch of ML elitists

Actually instead of Glad i'll just go ML..

SkeithRei
07-27-2011, 07:24 PM
You didn't say what skills as swordmaster to not get/level when you go moonlord. I do not think you can just add those skills... if you can please prove me wrong. Wan't to have the best skills possible when I go Moonlord.

Rhyze
07-27-2011, 09:28 PM
Really nice stuff you posted Dan. I have a question though, you mentioned 50% Animation Speed Crests and stuff. What kind of Crests do you think a MoonLord should get? What about a Gladiator? (I still haven't decided which one)

DanxDDan
07-27-2011, 09:30 PM

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-AbAPuiBf9rA/TirkCJRwMUI/AAAAAAAAABM/PB6kLOTQk50/s1152/PvPscore.jpg

You're not supposed to believe in this 100%, but Moonlord to my surprise is at the top tier. Compare the strongs and no goods between the Moonlord and Gladiator. However, I do believe Gladiators were meant to be the true PvP Swordsman. It's just even the developers turn a blind on Gladiators and would rather beef the Moonlord. Gladiators are just unfortunate to not even be loved by their own developers. But there are only three skills for each Tertiary Class so far. Probably in the future, Gladiators will finally start getting some respect and people will be jumping over to them instead.

You didn't say what skills as swordmaster to not get/level when you go moonlord. I do not think you can just add those skills... if you can please prove me wrong. Wan't to have the best skills possible when I go Moonlord.

Any skills that I didn't bother explaining mean I didn't add any SP into them. If I wasn't clear on that then I apologize.

And I care to digress.

Swordmaster skills:

Moonlight Splitter at Lv. 11 because it's the prerequisite for Moonlight Splitter EX at Moonlord. This is one of your main DPS skills even before getting its EX skill because it's strong and has a low cooldown of 9 seconds. It gets even better with its EX skill.

This time I went with Cyclone Slash Lv. 6 cause that cyclone is huge. This time with Magic Attack to back it up, it's certainly a great skill to mob with. It's damage isn't as nice as Moonlight.

Lv. 5 Crescent Cleave for its 5 waves. powerful if a Nest-sized boss were to take the impact of all 5 waves. I believe it was 30 hits? As for mobs of enemies, it's also nice to clear away enemies if they're all closing in on you.

Great Wave doesn't have crazy damage like Infinity Edge, but come on now, Infinity Edge is just rigged with power. Great Wave is a more standard Ultimate. Powerful, flashy, and destroys mobs. As a future Moonlord, you're gonna have to get this skill to unlock Moonblade Dance at Moonlord.

Masquerade
07-27-2011, 10:15 PM
I've been following your build since I made my char, completely new to DN so I didn't know what to do D: level 16 swordsman atm can't wait to get to 19 for cyclone just because it'll help SO MUCH while mobbing solo x.x I end up running everything solo on hard because it takes too long to find a party lol x.x

Scary
07-27-2011, 10:23 PM
Guess i'll make a Gladiator anyway and be on a quest to be the best/highest damage Physical Swordsman :U

Scary
07-27-2011, 10:24 PM
Guess i'll make a Gladiator anyway and be on a quest to be the best/highest damage Physical Swordsman :U

If that fails ill just go ML

rayneydayz
07-27-2011, 10:45 PM
very nice guide...im definitely gonna use this...luckily i didnt waste anything on soccer kick...that skill was annoying in CN server lol...

DanxDDan
07-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Really nice stuff you posted Dan. I have a question though, you mentioned 50% Animation Speed Crests and stuff. What kind of Crests do you think a MoonLord should get? What about a Gladiator? (I still haven't decided which one)

Concerning regular Crests, you can't have two of the same kinds equipped nor can you have two of the same type. Example: Can't equip two Unyielding Plates. Also can't equip both an Unyielding Plate and High Grade Unyielding Plate. It's one or the other. The Crests you generally get are for increasing HP, Vitality, STR (Gladiators), Physical Attack (Gladiators), INT (Moonlord), Magic Attack (Moonlord), Critical, and probably some other stuff that I don't feel like naming off the top of my head.

As for Skill Crests, Gladiators usually go with Triple Slash, Line Drive, and Infinity Edge Plates. All of which increase damage by 20%. Moonlords usually go with Moonlight Splitter Plate increases damage by 20% and Halfmoon Slash decrease animation speed by 50%. The animation for Halfmoon is slow so this plate can solve that problem. Both Gladiator and Moonlord can also get Side Kick Plate decrease animation speed by 50%. This is better suited for PvP. All of these Highest Grade Plates can be quite expensive though. The Side Kick Plate in cDN goes for almost 1000g.

I've been following your build since I made my char, completely new to DN so I didn't know what to do D: level 16 swordsman atm can't wait to get to 19 for cyclone just because it'll help SO MUCH while mobbing solo x.x I end up running everything solo on hard because it takes too long to find a party lol x.x

I don't want to burst your bubble but don't think Cyclone is as awesome as it seems cause really it's not. It's not very strong and the startup time for it is like a second. It's not as bad as the startup on Mercenary skills but that one second does kind of matter. You'd be lucky if you could use this thing at point blank on Abyss mode because as I said, it's one second too many and the superarmor on it is low. It's also why you don't see SMs spamming it in PvP (unless you were playing against a terrible player) because of its startup time which means it's predictable which also means your opponent could easily dodge it or interrupt your skill.

I make it sound bad but it's not bad. I'm just rooting out all of flaws, setbacks and weaknesses to Cyclone so that you know how to use it effectively at the correct moment. You're still definitely getting this skill.

I humbly wish upon your good luck :O

rayneydayz
07-27-2011, 10:54 PM
dan...do you know how many resets we get in the game?...bcuz i found out that getting dash kick was a bad idea...i actually use it a ton currently wen im in abyss soloin but i definitely will b moving to the slash and combo instead...

Rhyze
07-27-2011, 11:58 PM
Thanks Dan, btw what server are you in?

pcnnn
07-28-2011, 12:09 AM
dan...do you know how many resets we get in the game?...bcuz i found out that getting dash kick was a bad idea...i actually use it a ton currently wen im in abyss soloin but i definitely will b moving to the slash and combo instead...

I havent play DN NA yet but in most other versions you got 1 at level 15 (DN SEA doesnt give any :3). DN KR gives away skill reset quite frequently in event tho.

My glad build:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/gladiatorj.jpg/

PS: My build kinda sucks at PvE except Apo Nest :( (cooldown, cooldown everywhere o.o), decent in pvp tho.

DanxDDan
07-28-2011, 06:22 AM

There's one reset at 15 after completing your job advance. You get it from Irine. I can't say much else because Nexon might change the resets we get later on. It's just a very slight possibility but that slight possibility is still existent.

Thanks Dan, btw what server are you in?

I'm in Argenta.

Masquerade
07-28-2011, 06:30 AM
Any tips on getting the combos higher? I can't get them that high with the skills x.x Hopped on sorceress and manage to get 60-80 hit combos. Can't seem to weave the merc/swordsman skills together good enough yet.

DanxDDan
07-28-2011, 07:34 AM
I havent play DN NA yet but in most other versions you got 1 at level 15 (DN SEA doesnt give any :3). DN KR gives away skill reset quite frequently in event tho.

My glad build:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/gladiatorj.jpg/

PS: My build kinda sucks at PvE except Apo Nest :( (cooldown, cooldown everywhere o.o), decent in pvp tho.

Is there a reason for not maxing Dash and not getting Counter Exile? Dash is of utmost importance. You run faster and consume less MP. You really do need a Lv. 1 Counter Exile because I find Aerial Evasion -> Aerial Combo an ineffective aerial recovery option. When I used it, even when I hit jump to use Aerial Evasion, the monsters would just keep juggling me and prevent me from using Aerial Combo. Plus two aerial recovery options is better than one.

Any tips on getting the combos higher? I can't get them that high with the skills x.x Hopped on sorceress and manage to get 60-80 hit combos. Can't seem to weave the merc/swordsman skills together good enough yet.

Hmm, I don't have proof but I remember getting a 100+ combo with just my Warrior skills on Master mode. So do Master mode. There isn't an exact combo I follow. I tend to use skills immediately when they're out of cooldown. I do find Heavy Slash -> Impact Punch linkable though. I guess you just need quick reflexes and some getting used to to pull of high combos. Don't worry about the Sorceress, their skills are meant to rack up high combos. If nothings working out, then I guess you'll have to wait until you get Cyclone. Cyclone alone + a mob of 20-30 enemies is guaranteed a high combo.

Masquerade
07-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Yea thats what I played on doing. I can't solo master mode though D: i try and die x.x lol

Rhyze
07-28-2011, 11:29 AM
Here is what I gathered so far for a Moon Lord.

http://dnarmory.com/skill-calc?c=1&sc=11#5-0-1-6.9-0-1-4.8-0-1-1.10-0-1-1.14-0-1-1.18-0-1-4.12-0-1-1.13-0-1-5.22-0-1-2.21-0-1-3.20-0-1-1.0-0-11-1.1-0-11-1.3-0-11-11.11-0-11-3.15-0-11-5.19-0-11-3.23-0-11-1.4-0-11-1.5-0-11-1.9-0-11-1.13-0-11-5.8-0-11-2.12-0-11-3.16-0-11-1.21-0-11-1

I "under-shot" a few of your suggestions. Here's what I changed, so you don't have to go looking everywhere.

Warrior

Mental Fortitude from 2/10 to 0/10.
Attuned Mind from 1/10 to 0/10.
Brush Off from 5/7 to 2/7.

SwordMaster

Parry from 3/10 to 0/10.
Counterslash from 2/10 to 0/10.
Counterwave from 1/10 to 0/10
Parry Stance from 1/10 to 0/10
Cyclone Slash from 6/14 to 3/14

I took out the mana passives because I don't think they're all that necessary. I mean do you really start running out of mana? You can get mana from lots of equipment. Why use precious SP on those? I lowered Brush Off to 2 because I don't think I'll be encountering too many debuffers and if I do I can add more points later. I honestly don't know how much of a problem debuffs are to a Moon Lord. Maybe you can enlighten me.

I took out the whole Parry Tree. I'm regretting it a little bit but don't you have to be standing doing nothing for it to even work? Why should you even be standing still? I don't find the importance of it outside of pure PvE. I'm most likely terribly wrong so please tell me why Parry is so important. Cyclone Slash down to 3. Why? I hear its not a great skill and adding more points into it isn't necessary unless you really want to. What's your input on Level 3 vs Level 6 Cyclone Slash?

Chances are I'm wrong about everything I said. That's why I'm asking you. Is my build okay?

Scary
07-28-2011, 12:52 PM
I'll probably never get into a Sea Dragon nest as a Gladiator but whatever :U I'll just hope one day we get buffed.

Is it possible Glads will be nerfed soon though?

Lucifer xD
07-28-2011, 05:26 PM
what are moonlords and gladiators? i havent seen any of these classes in DN

DanxDDan
07-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Here is what I gathered so far for a Moon Lord.

http://dnarmory.com/skill-calc?c=1&sc=11#5-0-1-6.9-0-1-4.8-0-1-1.10-0-1-1.14-0-1-1.18-0-1-4.12-0-1-1.13-0-1-5.22-0-1-2.21-0-1-3.20-0-1-1.0-0-11-1.1-0-11-1.3-0-11-11.11-0-11-3.15-0-11-5.19-0-11-3.23-0-11-1.4-0-11-1.5-0-11-1.9-0-11-1.13-0-11-5.8-0-11-2.12-0-11-3.16-0-11-1.21-0-11-1

I "under-shot" a few of your suggestions. Here's what I changed, so you don't have to go looking everywhere.

Warrior

Mental Fortitude from 2/10 to 0/10.
Attuned Mind from 1/10 to 0/10.
Brush Off from 5/7 to 2/7.

SwordMaster

Parry from 3/10 to 0/10.
Counterslash from 2/10 to 0/10.
Counterwave from 1/10 to 0/10
Parry Stance from 1/10 to 0/10
Cyclone Slash from 6/14 to 3/14

I took out the mana passives because I don't think they're all that necessary. I mean do you really start running out of mana? You can get mana from lots of equipment. Why use precious SP on those? I lowered Brush Off to 2 because I don't think I'll be encountering too many debuffers and if I do I can add more points later. I honestly don't know how much of a problem debuffs are to a Moon Lord. Maybe you can enlighten me.

I took out the whole Parry Tree. I'm regretting it a little bit but don't you have to be standing doing nothing for it to even work? Why should you even be standing still? I don't find the importance of it outside of pure PvE. I'm most likely terribly wrong so please tell me why Parry is so important. Cyclone Slash down to 3. Why? I hear its not a great skill and adding more points into it isn't necessary unless you really want to. What's your input on Level 3 vs Level 6 Cyclone Slash?

Chances are I'm wrong about everything I said. That's why I'm asking you. Is my build okay?

Well at later levels you'll be using a bunch of your skills more which will have higher MP consumption. Just don't be using Dash all of the time or you will definitely run out of MP. And I figure this will help solve this issue much faster.

http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/217/20110719/MP_Regen_Calculation_Mechanics-4e2549e61c4503813-1.html

*Btw I highly recommend these guides from the Freedom members*

I think your Lv. 2 Brush Off is fine. I just decided to invest as much SP into it because the cooldown decreases. Now I doubt anyone would have 3 debuffs on them at the same time. Okay maybe there are some. But 4 debuffs and beyond sounds ludicrous. Lv. 2 or Lv. 3 is perfectly fine.

As for the Parrying Tree, not getting it is highly not recommended. Who says you have to stand still to Parry? Being in the offensive state would count as the casting time of a skill and when you actually use it. I believe you can't parry while dashing also. But aside from those, strafing and just looking at the monsters would be considered outside of offensive state, meaning you can parry. You don't know how much Parrying can save you. Ten percent will come a lot more often than you think. When you're being enclosed by a bunch of enemies and you have no other way to retaliate, then Parrying comes in. Using a Counter Slash or Counter Wave right after Parrying gives you a little breather and allows you the time needed to get out of a potentially sticky situation. Finally, Parrying Stance increases your Parrying chances to 100%. Sometimes against a boss (or even regular enemies but I'll focus on bosses) the boss might use some sort of widespread, hard-to-dodge attack. Almost of all these attacks though have a long cast time making them very predictable and allowing you more than enough reaction time to use Parrying Stance. Again, Counter Slash/Wave are good for retaliating back so that you can at least apply some damage while not in the offensive state.

The Cyclone at Lv. 6 becomes much bigger as compared to Lvs. 1-5 meaning more mobbing capability. Were it not for the size increase I doubt anyone would raise this skill any higher than Lv. 3 because it is indeed weak. However, if you feel that you could mob fine without Cyclone then you could keep it at Lv. 3. I probably should've mentioned a Lv. 6 Cyclone is optional. But that's my choice.

RonnieDonnie
07-28-2011, 10:07 PM
So just straight up, all around, would you personally go gladiator or moonlord? I read everything, and still cant make my mind up. I mean if Gladiator is fun but gets trashed by moon lords...id probably rather do ML.

Rhyze
07-29-2011, 01:34 PM
Well at later levels you'll be using a bunch of your skills more which will have higher MP consumption. Just don't be using Dash all of the time or you will definitely run out of MP. And I figure this will help solve this issue much faster.

http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/217/20110719/MP_Regen_Calculation_Mechanics-4e2549e61c4503813-1.html

I think your Lv. 2 Brush Off is fine. I just decided to invest as much SP into it because the cooldown decreases. Now I doubt anyone would have 3 debuffs on them at the same time. Okay maybe there are some. But 4 debuffs and beyond sounds ludicrous. Lv. 2 or Lv. 3 is perfectly fine.

As for the Parrying Tree, not getting it is highly not recommended. Who says you have to stand still to Parry? Being in the offensive state would count as the casting time of a skill and when you actually use it. I believe you can't parry while dashing also. But aside from those, strafing and just looking at the monsters would be considered outside of offensive state, meaning you can parry. You don't know how much Parrying can save you. Ten percent will come a lot more often than you think. When you're being enclosed by a bunch of enemies and you have no other way to retaliate, then Parrying comes in. Using a Counter Slash or Counter Wave right after Parrying gives you a little breather and allows you the time needed to get out of a potentially sticky situation. Finally, Parrying Stance increases your Parrying chances to 100%. Sometimes against a boss (or even regular enemies but I'll focus on bosses) the boss might use some sort of widespread, hard-to-dodge attack. Almost of all these attacks though have a long cast time making them very predictable and allowing you more than enough reaction time to use Parrying Stance. Again, Counter Slash/Wave are good for retaliating back so that you can at least apply some damage while not in the offensive state.

The Cyclone at Lv. 6 becomes much bigger as compared to Lvs. 1-5 meaning more mobbing capability. Were it not for the size increase I doubt anyone would raise this skill any higher than Lv. 3 because it is indeed weak. However, if you feel that you could mob fine without Cyclone then you could keep it at Lv. 3. I probably should've mentioned a Lv. 6 Cyclone is optional. But that's my choice.

I'll be sure to add points into Parry. Also, I'll reconsider putting points back into Mana.
You haven't failed me yet man. Thanks.

HolyAngel
07-29-2011, 05:30 PM
So just straight up, all around, would you personally go gladiator or moonlord? I read everything, and still cant make my mind up. I mean if Gladiator is fun but gets trashed by moon lords...id probably rather do ML.I'm in the same situation, should i choose gladiator and be a combo machine and unleash hell with brute force or a moonlord and unleash powerful waves of energy from my sword to destory everything in sight. Damit I can't my up my mind.

Eidge
07-29-2011, 06:05 PM
What do you think about the Dash Kick skill for warriors? I'm level 11 at the moment and I'm tempted to get it to level 1 just for the save of having an additional move to use, especially since I use Dash a lot.

Masquerade
07-29-2011, 06:47 PM
Would I have to change much if I decide to use the wave skills only? I only use 2 or 3 of the physical skills as it is.

Jarvan IV
07-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Hey Dan, is the build you posted for Moonlord considered a hybrid?

Jarvan IV
07-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Would the build you posted for Moonlord be considered hybrid? O_0

Covet
07-29-2011, 10:51 PM
Just a question but how much SP is available to you at level 40?

Covet
07-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Also Dan, it would be cool if you checked out my build @
http://dnarmory.com/skill-calc?c=1&sc=11#0-0-1-1.1-0-1-1.2-0-1-5.3-0-1-1.6-0-1-1.5-0-1-6.12-0-1-1.13-0-1-5.9-0-1-4.10-0-1-1.18-0-1-4.0-0-11-1.4-0-11-1.8-0-11-2.12-0-11-3.9-0-11-1.13-0-11-5.21-0-11-1.2-0-11-3.10-0-11-2.14-0-11-1.18-0-11-3.3-0-11-11.11-0-11-6.15-0-11-5.19-0-11-3.23-0-11-1.16-0-11-2.22-0-1-5.1-0-11-1.5-0-11-1.14-0-1-1.8-0-1-1.20-0-1-1.21-0-1-5.19-0-1-2.23-0-1-1

It's pretty much yours but with a few adjustments. So tell me what you think because in my opinion, you're pro at this. :D

Jarvan IV
07-30-2011, 12:16 AM
T_T Sorry double post lag

Redx
07-30-2011, 12:53 AM
What do you think about the Dash Kick skill for warriors? I'm level 11 at the moment and I'm tempted to get it to level 1 just for the save of having an additional move to use, especially since I use Dash a lot.

Dash Kick is good for Warrior but as a Swordman you get a better skill called Dash Slash and Dash Slash Combo. So get it for now, but when you receive your skill reset at level 15, don't waste sp on it.

Redx
07-30-2011, 12:53 AM
Would the build you posted for Moonlord be considered hybrid? O_0

Not DanXDDan but yeah his build for MoonLord is considered a hybrid.

DanxDDan
07-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Would I have to change much if I decide to use the wave skills only? I only use 2 or 3 of the physical skills as it is.

No, I don't think so. That just leaves more leftover SP. But you're not going to get Line Drive? If you are you end up putting SP into a bunch of its prerequisite skills to unlock Line Drive. So you'll have more than 2 or 3 physical skills.

Just a question but how much SP is available to you at level 40?

You get 400 SP at Level 40.

Also Dan, it would be cool if you checked out my build @
http://dnarmory.com/skill-calc?c=1&sc=11#0-0-1-1.1-0-1-1.2-0-1-5.3-0-1-1.6-0-1-1.5-0-1-6.12-0-1-1.13-0-1-5.9-0-1-4.10-0-1-1.18-0-1-4.0-0-11-1.4-0-11-1.8-0-11-2.12-0-11-3.9-0-11-1.13-0-11-5.21-0-11-1.2-0-11-3.10-0-11-2.14-0-11-1.18-0-11-3.3-0-11-11.11-0-11-6.15-0-11-5.19-0-11-3.23-0-11-1.16-0-11-2.22-0-1-5.1-0-11-1.5-0-11-1.14-0-1-1.8-0-1-1.20-0-1-1.21-0-1-5.19-0-1-2.23-0-1-1

It's pretty much yours but with a few adjustments. So tell me what you think because in my opinion, you're pro at this. :D

Your build looks fine. I can't really make any suggestions other than Parrying Stance. Parrying Stance is good for PvE but totally useless in PvP. So are you more PvE or PvP? If you're more PvP, then I'd take Parrying Stance down to Lv. 1.

Covet
07-30-2011, 11:51 AM
No, I don't think so. That just leaves more leftover SP. But you're not going to get Line Drive? If you are you end up putting SP into a bunch of its prerequisite skills to unlock Line Drive. So you'll have more than 2 or 3 physical skills.

You get 400 SP at Level 40.

Your build looks fine. I can't really make any suggestions other than Parrying Stance. Parrying Stance is good for PvE but totally useless in PvP. So are you more PvE or PvP? If you're more PvP, then I'd take Parrying Stance down to Lv. 1.

Alright, thanks.

Krai7e
07-30-2011, 07:17 PM
Uhhh, I'm having trouble putting together this whole build.
Would someone be able to put it into a simulator for me? or maybe explain to me what he meant :3.
I'm just not sure which he meant to keep for moonlord. ( that were in the gladiator section )

Krai7e
07-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Uhhh, I'm having trouble putting together this whole build.
Would someone be able to put it into a simulator for me? or maybe explain to me what he meant :3.
I'm just not sure which he meant to keep for moonlord. ( that were in the gladiator section )

Never mind, I got my friend to screenshot the builds :P.

phyn1l
07-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Never mind, I got my friend to screenshot the builds :P.
Can I get a link to the simulator build for ML? Gonna go down that path lol
Or screenshots please, thanks!

etc0x
07-30-2011, 10:24 PM
Sorry, that's gonna be me >=)

If that fails ill just go ML
Yeah, you should =)

ainokeaaa808
07-31-2011, 01:58 AM
Okay, so this might be a retarded question. But on DanxDans SP layout for moonlords. i was wondering what would be the Juggernaut class?

Redx
07-31-2011, 01:59 AM
Juggernaut class?

ainokeaaa808
07-31-2011, 02:09 AM
Yes, when google translated the SP thing. It said soldier, juggernaut, and Lord moon.
http://dn.duowan.com/2zmnq616/moonlord.html?-NgY-zTLtduRGS7Cd29rlShJ|140$297$50

Redx
07-31-2011, 02:13 AM
Hmm... Soldier, juggernaut, and Lord Moon. I guess it means Warrior, Swordmaster and Moonlord. So the Juggernaut=Swordmaster Class?

ainokeaaa808
07-31-2011, 02:30 AM
ohh okay thanks! appreciate the help

Falkyn
07-31-2011, 01:58 PM
How much are highest grade moonsplitter crests worth in Korea?

Jarvan IV
07-31-2011, 05:20 PM
thank you Red.

Also curious as to what stats I should go for in crafted? Brutal, Heroic? Etc etc.. for a moonlord hybrid

Redx
07-31-2011, 05:47 PM
Anything that will give you more Magic Attack, INT and STR.

Tev
07-31-2011, 05:52 PM
Now, I know this sounds crazy but I'm thinking of completely leaving out the magic tree(dont like ranged stuff here) if i manage to focus on %str and phys Dmg, but I know I will be getting some M.att with enhances anyways so if that proves itself important enough to make me change my mind I guess I'll go for cyclone lv.6 and dont put any SP in Crescent or Halfmoon. What do you guys think?

phyn1l
08-01-2011, 05:27 AM
can someone give me a link to the build of the moonlord hybrid? i tried the one Dan posted when he started on the SM build but I rather have it in an english version lol, thanks if you do post it :D

Cynikul
08-01-2011, 10:33 AM
can someone give me a link to the build of the moonlord hybrid? i tried the one Dan posted when he started on the SM build but I rather have it in an english version lol, thanks if you do post it :D

http://dnarmory.com/skill-calc?c=1&sc=11#2-0-1-5.5-0-1-6.13-0-1-5.9-0-1-4.18-0-1-4.19-0-1-2.22-0-1-5.20-0-1-1.21-0-1-5.23-0-1-1.12-0-1-1.8-0-1-1.10-0-1-1.14-0-1-1.0-0-11-1.1-0-11-1.2-0-11-3.4-0-11-1.8-0-11-2.12-0-11-3.16-0-11-1.3-0-11-11.11-0-11-6.15-0-11-5.19-0-11-3.23-0-11-1.10-0-11-2.14-0-11-1.18-0-11-1.5-0-11-1.9-0-11-1.13-0-11-5.21-0-11-1

Scary
08-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Still don't get why everyone dislikes Glad's so much. They're just as good as Moonlords.

DanxDDan
08-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Nah they don't dislike Glads. They just like Moonlords more :P

Tev
08-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Still don't get why everyone dislikes Glad's so much. They're just as good as Moonlords.

Lol, going pure physical here :D and I dunno i guess ppl just want flashier skills.

Scary
08-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Lol, going pure physical here :D and I dunno i guess ppl just want flashier skills.

I don't know about them, but I want BETTER skills.

Accelgor
08-01-2011, 07:42 PM
I'm going gladiator, I'm not a fan of magic warriors.

NessOnett
08-02-2011, 02:32 AM
Dan, Im in progress making a MoonLord, and I can live without Mental Fortitude and the entire Parry 'Tree' in favor of a little more PvP power.

This leaves me with ~50 extra SP.

What order would you suggest putting those points into other skills? Recommendations? Reasoning? Unless you have a convincing argument for why I truly need either Parry or the extra MP?

Thoughts?(I have absolutely no ML experience)

Levitas=Thunder
08-02-2011, 07:00 AM
i dont exactly recommend lv5 crescent cleave for gladiators unless u have an insane amount of critical or magic attack
since the damage does not increase much, but instead of distributing 3 sword waves, lv5 c.c. generates 5 sword waves which means less damage per wave
once i accidentally dodge canceled out of c.c. with only 1 sword wave, and the damage was insane
btw cyclone slash continues to grow in size as it levels, lv10 cyclone is huge

DanxDDan
08-02-2011, 08:17 AM
Dan, Im in progress making a MoonLord, and I can live without Mental Fortitude and the entire Parry 'Tree' in favor of a little more PvP power.

This leaves me with ~50 extra SP.

What order would you suggest putting those points into other skills? Recommendations? Reasoning? Unless you have a convincing argument for why I truly need either Parry or the extra MP?

Thoughts?(I have absolutely no ML experience)

I'm going to quote myself from another post.

There's one guy I know who doesn't go with Parrying Tree at all. But he completely understands how useful Parrying is. So why? It's cause he's pro. He can even dodge Apocalypse's most dangerous attacks simply by Tumble rather than going into Parrying Stance.

NessOnett
08-02-2011, 12:18 PM
I'm going to quote myself from another post.

There's one guy I know who doesn't go with Parrying Tree at all. But he completely understands how useful Parrying is. So why? It's cause he's pro. He can even dodge Apocalypse's most dangerous attacks simply by Tumble rather than going into Parrying Stance.

No disrespect intended, and I am grateful for all the advice I've garnered from this thread, but I would not have posted the question if I hadn't already read through the thread looking for the answer. I saw that argument you made the first time, and I personally wasn't convinced.

I'll have to actually see what happens in terms of mana at later levels as I have no way to gauge right now whatsoever.

As far as the Parry, the problem is that it's a purely PvE skill, and one that doesn't build into anything else, it's just a full tree of Parry. I'm sure it's useful but
1. I won't miss it if I never get used to it in the first place
2. Other, lighter armored classes, survive PvE completely fine without it
3. If I find I truly need it, there is always the possibility of getting a reskill

And like you said yourself, there are people who don't get parry at all and do just fine. I'd rather practice from the get-go on learning my dodge timings and getting 'pro' than to rely on a "crutch" skill to make up for my bad timing (I'm trying really hard to not make this sound arrogant).

Hopefully that has made you understand why I'm not a huge fan of Parry. If not, then I suggest we agree to disagree and assume, for the sake of argument, that I'm going for purely a PvP MoonLord. If that were the case then what skills would you suggest pumping first and foremost with my extra points? Frenzied Charge? Luring Slice? etc?

DanxDDan
08-02-2011, 10:40 PM
No disrespect intended, and I am grateful for all the advice I've garnered from this thread, but I would not have posted the question if I hadn't already read through the thread looking for the answer. I saw that argument you made the first time, and I personally wasn't convinced.

I'll have to actually see what happens in terms of mana at later levels as I have no way to gauge right now whatsoever.

As far as the Parry, the problem is that it's a purely PvE skill, and one that doesn't build into anything else, it's just a full tree of Parry. I'm sure it's useful but
1. I won't miss it if I never get used to it in the first place
2. Other, lighter armored classes, survive PvE completely fine without it
3. If I find I truly need it, there is always the possibility of getting a reskill

And like you said yourself, there are people who don't get parry at all and do just fine. I'd rather practice from the get-go on learning my dodge timings and getting 'pro' than to rely on a "crutch" skill to make up for my bad timing (I'm trying really hard to not make this sound arrogant).

Hopefully that has made you understand why I'm not a huge fan of Parry. If not, then I suggest we agree to disagree and assume, for the sake of argument, that I'm going for purely a PvP MoonLord. If that were the case then what skills would you suggest pumping first and foremost with my extra points? Frenzied Charge? Luring Slice? etc?

I'll respect your opinion then if that's how you really want it. I still don't recommend it.

I'd say Frenzied Charge and Eclipse can tie for first. Frenzied Charge will definitely take a chunk of your opponent's HP. Of course, since it's so powerful there are some setbacks. Long cooldown and activation period. And it's kind of situational though not as situational as Cyclone. I guess you could pump as much SP into it as possible but I don't know if you want some of that SP to go into other skills such as Eclipse. Eclipse has some great reach and the superarmor reduction does apply in PvP. Lower cooldown and activation as opposed to Frenzied Charge.

I was considering Hacking Stance but seeing as you're a Moonlord, I'm just not sure. Even if you were a Gladiator, there are still setbacks. Long cooldown and activation. A situational skill. And because you're a Moonlord, lower damage. I guess I'm leaning towards not suggesting you raise Hacking Stance. Plus I don't think you will if that 50 or so SP goes to Eclipse or Frenzied. If you have a reset to spare I guess you could test it out.

Scarecrow
08-03-2011, 03:01 AM
This is probably a stupid question and I'm sure it has been answered several times already but if you went with a build similar to the one you recommended for Moonlord would you be focusing purely on magic damage/int statted equips? It seems as though people are raising their magic damage as high as possible, sacrificing phys damage. Just wondering if this is recommended? I'm pretty clueless about magic-based swordsmen, I'm used to pure phys. Kinda had the impression that the damage from most skills was more dependent on phys atk and just a few were more magic (the ones that gladiators don't take).

Are you aiming to raise magic damage instead of phys? or both? If so, is there any (rough) recommended ratio?

Distil
08-03-2011, 05:08 AM
This is probably a stupid question and I'm sure it has been answered several times already but if you went with a build similar to the one you recommended for Moonlord would you be focusing purely on magic damage/int statted equips? It seems as though people are raising their magic damage as high as possible, sacrificing phys damage. Just wondering if this is recommended? I'm pretty clueless about magic-based swordsmen, I'm used to pure phys. Kinda had the impression that the damage from most skills was more dependent on phys atk and just a few were more magic (the ones that gladiators don't take).

Are you aiming to raise magic damage instead of phys? or both? If so, is there any (rough) recommended ratio?

Well, Moonlords are magical damage based, so the obvious choice would be to increase Mag. Damage, but if you're following DanxDDan's build, increasing both Phys. and Mag. should do just fine. A ratio I've seen posted somewhere is 60% Phys. Damage of your Mag. Damage or 80% Mag. Damage of your Phys. Damage, this ratio IS for a hybrid Moonlord which does apply to DanxDDan's build. Also , it really depends if you can afford the $ to raise your Mag. Damage with Sparks, Enhancing and Gear. ( ALOT of Swordsman gear is really overpriced T_T , Clean Skeleton Axe 25g, take a look at other classes, 3g, roughly )

A brief reminder:
Gladiator - Phys. Heavy
Moonlord - Magic Heavy

To answer your question shortly: No, you wouldn't be purely focusing on Mag. Damage 100%, I'd (personally) try to get a decent amount of Phys. Damage, since I'm following DanxDDan's build too.

My question is, is it viable raise Halfmoon Slash to level 6 or beyond, 582% + 1907 seems like a pretty big amount to me, if not Halfmoon Slash , then how about Crescent Cleave? I'm a total noob when it comes to extra SP, what is your recommendation on how to distribute the extra SP.

byterunner
08-04-2011, 02:01 AM
How viable is a Gladiator in PvE?

I'm not much of a fan of PvP in general, however I'm not sure if I would want to be a Moonlord of Gladiator right now.

Scarecrow
08-04-2011, 03:59 AM
Judging from youtube videos a lot of the best PvP swordsmen seem to be gladiators?

DanxDDan
08-04-2011, 06:55 AM
Well, Moonlords are magical damage based, so the obvious choice would be to increase Mag. Damage, but if you're following DanxDDan's build, increasing both Phys. and Mag. should do just fine. A ratio I've seen posted somewhere is 60% Phys. Damage of your Mag. Damage or 80% Mag. Damage of your Phys. Damage, this ratio IS for a hybrid Moonlord which does apply to DanxDDan's build. Also , it really depends if you can afford the $ to raise your Mag. Damage with Sparks, Enhancing and Gear. ( ALOT of Swordsman gear is really overpriced T_T , Clean Skeleton Axe 25g, take a look at other classes, 3g, roughly )

A brief reminder:
Gladiator - Phys. Heavy
Moonlord - Magic Heavy

To answer your question shortly: No, you wouldn't be purely focusing on Mag. Damage 100%, I'd (personally) try to get a decent amount of Phys. Damage, since I'm following DanxDDan's build too.

My question is, is it viable raise Halfmoon Slash to level 6 or beyond, 582% + 1907 seems like a pretty big amount to me, if not Halfmoon Slash , then how about Crescent Cleave? I'm a total noob when it comes to extra SP, what is your recommendation on how to distribute the extra SP.

Just to answer your question first, yes, Halfmoon Slash is viable. But if you aren't going to PvE much, then I wouldn't suggest it. Halfmoon is easy to dodge in PvP unless you're facing a newbie. Crescent Cleave beyond Lv. 5 isn't. As for other skills...it depends what you like more. PvE? or PvP? Luring Slice and Parrying Stance for PvE. Eclipse is the only one I could think of that would give a benefit in PvP.

I wanna talk about the matter at hand above, though.

Just raising Magic Attack is fine. The reason is because Physical Attack is a given to Warriors. For those guys who posted their highest magic attack ranges, look at the physical attack range. Notice how the physical attack isn't very far off from magic attack. Later on, Prefixed Equipment will be released. Not to be confused with the equipment crafted at Blacksmiths. Those are Suffixed Equipment, a completely different thing and not as good as Prefixed because most of its effects apply to regular attacks (and you have to look for the crafting materials). They're equips with a certain prefix word in front which give different stats as opposed to their regular counterparts. For example, Skeleton Helmet is the regular gear, but Brutal Skeleton Helmet is the prefixed gear. The prefix denotes the different stat increases it gives and the stat increases it gives when enhancing. Since Brutal refers to critical, it adds critical. Now I believe when they're released, two of the prefixes will be Destructive and Mystical. Destructive adds much more physical attack in exchange for even less magic attack. Quite frankly, it gives loads of physical attack and barely any magic attack. This is the prefix of choice for Gladiators. Mystical, however, gives a kind of more evened out balance between physical attack and magic attack though it still gives more magic attack. This is the prefix of choice for Moonlords.

So this is where that 60%, 80% comes in.

Gladiator: His Magic Attack would be about 60% of his Physical Attack.

Moonlord: His Physical Attack would be about 80% of his Magic Attack.

That was a lot of explanation but just know that you'll be raising your physical attack without even realizing it. This is why Gladiators have really strong physical skills, but weak magic skills. Moonlords are able to deal damage with both physical and magic attacks though magic skills will still deal more damage.

How viable is a Gladiator in PvE?

I'm not much of a fan of PvP in general, however I'm not sure if I would want to be a Moonlord of Gladiator right now.

It's said that Gladiator is PvP, Moonlord is PvE. But Gladiator's Finishing Attack (ground-pound move) is definitely an amazing mobbing skill. Moonlord's Moonblade Dance is pure DPS making it look like a skill meant for bosses and PvPing.

But really, Gladiator isn't bad in PvE. Just the Moonlord is slightly better.

Judging from youtube videos a lot of the best PvP swordsmen seem to be gladiators?

Are you sure they're Gladiators? They may be Lv. 40. Furthermore, the best Swordsmen, Gladiator or Moonlord, fight using their physical skills. The Magic skills just aren't very suited for PvP because they can't chain well into other skills and slow cast times.

Scarecrow
08-04-2011, 07:10 AM
Ah okay, that makes a lot of sense. So as far as crests go for Moonlord... I saw you brushed over it in an earlier post and it's clear int & magic dmg are great to have. Just checking whether crests to increase phys. damage were necessary/better or are you better off with crit or HP?

byterunner
08-04-2011, 02:51 PM
alright, thanks Dan. I'm gonna go Glad on my guy. I like it. Also, this needs more attention, this is easily one the best guides on this site.

Rickiee
08-05-2011, 06:54 PM
moonlord looks cooler :)

WestNinja
08-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Nice guide :)

Chaz
08-07-2011, 09:23 PM
I am keeping tripple slash for my Moolord build despite it being a glad skills simply for the sheer fact it is great for clearing away mobs thats are gaining up on you.

DanxDDan
08-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Ah okay, that makes a lot of sense. So as far as crests go for Moonlord... I saw you brushed over it in an earlier post and it's clear int & magic dmg are great to have. Just checking whether crests to increase phys. damage were necessary/better or are you better off with crit or HP?

Not that I would want to find out the math, so instead I would pick Crit > Physical Damage simply cause Crit affects both Phys. and Mag. Damage. Also Critical hits ignore Defense and Magic Defense. Then again, I'd have to check how much my crit chances increase. I personally go with HP > Phys. Damage as well for other reasons. Also, again, Physical attacks are for utility such as escaping or when other skills are in cooldown, not for big damage.

Since there are 8 slots, my order would probably go like this: Magic Attack > Intelligence > Critical > HP > Vitality > maybe Physical Attack > maybe Final Attack but depends on how much I have > Open-ended.

Lots of Critical is nice so I'll try to aim for Critical-third options.

alright, thanks Dan. I'm gonna go Glad on my guy. I like it. Also, this needs more attention, this is easily one the best guides on this site.

Glad to help. In some time, I may write a full-fledged guide with pretty much everything else I've posted in numerous threads before.

I am keeping tripple slash for my Moolord build despite it being a glad skills simply for the sheer fact it is great for clearing away mobs thats are gaining up on you.

I found myself using my Physical skills just as much as my Magic skills into the Lv. 3x. I just think of the Lv. 45 job advances as nothing too much. People shouldn't worry as much about only focusing on one tree until much later on when they get to 45. Actually, I'll still be using Triple Slash beyond 45. I can bet that.

Slamdolf
08-07-2011, 10:34 PM
I got a highest grade rising slash crest. Would this be a good one to use for my future gladiator? :D

DanxDDan
08-07-2011, 10:54 PM
I got a highest grade rising slash crest. Would this be a good one to use for my future gladiator? :D

It's not a bad choice but I'd rather go with Infinity Edge > Line Drive > Triple Slash > Side Kick and maybe a few others before choosing Rising Slash.

heroic
08-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Nice thread!

I've played the Chinese server and have gotten to lvl 47 with my PVE Moonlord (see links below). I have provided images of my stats and crests as well. I'm not well geared nor do I have the best stuff. Phys and Mag damage are very similar as someone mentioned previously. Before lvl 40 I was hybrid with Line Drive and Halfmoon slash and full Parry tree. From using all the SM skills, except Infinity Edge, I've come up with the same conclusions as DanxDDan. I will leave links to my skill build as well.

I play the SwordMaster (Swordsman) on the basis of Speed (in attacks, movement and recovery), for their Range from the magic tree, and their ability to combo. I will discuss what skills are great for combo-ing, movement/recovery, and hitting ground enemies to maintain your combo. I will also mention what skills you can cancel out (with Dash or another skill) which is good for evasion purposes and what skills give you super armor so it will be less likely that your skill is interrupted.

As far as Warrior Skills go:

I recommend leaving Impact Punch and Heavy Slash at lvl 1. Although high level Heavy Slash does great damage I would only recommend leveling up if you're a Glad going pvp. Heavy Slash can also deal Dark attack damage, but more on that in the future. Besides that, these two skills are great for up close combat and maintaining your combo counter (mainly because it hits enemies on the ground and knocks them into the air). You can't cancel Heavy Slash once you've initiated the attack so be prepared to take damage if you aren't covered.

Lvl 6 Rising Slash for the added jump atk, great to chain with Air Combo. Its good for moving forward and around the boss as well as hitting grounded enemies. Keeps your combo going. Downside, it doesn't really do that much dmg plus you can be interrupted. Up to you to lvl more.

Max Tumble, Dash, and Aerial Evasion if you really want to be an agile Swordsman. Recommended!

I get lvl 10 Impact Wave due to the increase in distance from 4m to 7m and the dmg is great on bosses. Hits 4-6 times for about 1k dmg for me. Although, it ends your combo if not done correctly and can be hard to chain. I find this skill more situational than cyclone since I can't combo well with it. Can't cancel out of this skill with Dash.

I didn't get Sweeping Kick since its not that great in PVE, but I highly recommend for PVP. Lvl 1 will suffice. It's fast and interrupts your enemy especially if you have good Para stats. I never use Air Kick either, but that's just my play style.

Destructive Swing is ok for mobs, but its terrible to combo with. I left it out in my build. Its good for PVP, however, when the enemy is grounded or off guard.

I don't recommend Dash Kick since Dash Slash basically replaces it. I got it before, but found it useless in PVE and situational in PVP. If you must get it leave at lvl 1. Doesn't hit grounded enemies either.

I would get min for Mental Mastery just to unlock Mental Training. If you go Magic then you'll never have to worry about running out of MP. HP Increase is solely up to you. It doesn't add much unless your HP is really high. Then the multiplier starts to take a noticeable advantage.

Lvl 2 or 3 Brush Off. I recommend lvl 3 since nests and lvl 40+ dungeons will stack status affects on you like no other. I also used this a lot in the few times I've PVP because its another skill you can use to recover from being knocked in the air or off balance. It throws your enemy off guard so you can continue your onslaught.

Highlander is free so why not!? Its great to save your allies and yourself. Really ****** people off in PVP. Although, it says a 60 sec duration that time decreases when you receive a fatal blow. It will drop from 60 sec to 10 sec if you're at 1 HP. So even though you have it on don't be reckless.

As for Swordmaster (Swordsman) Skills: (From a ML perspective)

Lvl 1 Triple Slash will suffice. Its great to continue your combo and move you forward and around big bosses. First slash can hit enemies on the ground! 2nd and 3 slash will allow you more superarmor. First slash can be cancelled by enemies.

Lvl 1 Aerial Combo is a great counter attack in conjunction with Aerial Evasion as well as allowing you to stay in the air to dodge Manticore crashes or other ground slam attacks. I believe the last dash from the air to ground can hit grounded enemies.

I didn't get Deep Straight in the Chinese version after resetting my skills, but I would recommend it since its an added skill to increase your combo and allows you to move when you use it. The dive can also hit grounded enemies to continue your combo!

Hacking Stance is useless in PVE once you're lvl 40, unless you're hardcore PVP. Flash Stance will replace the skill ultimately. Although, this skill did allow me to get over 300 combo. Its not great for groups or bosses, does little damage, and leaves you open to attacks. Doesn't hit enemies on the ground either. If you're too far away you can't get out of the stance unless your use another skill to cancel. Bombs and strong attacks can take you out of the stance.

Line Drive is the ultimate non-ultimate skill. Very fast and very strong. Provides you with great super armor as well. I loved this skill, but sadly I decided to do away with it since it cost me a lot of SP and Hacking Stance was of no use. Hits enemies on the ground, however, if they're small enemies it'll only hit twice. While it may hit up to 6 on large enemies/bosses.

Dash Slash and Combo recommended Lvl 1 for quick attack and for hitting enemies on the ground.

Lvl 1 Eclipse since additional lvls don't add much dmg and you need to get it to lvl 4 to increase the super armor reduction to 50% from 40%. 10% difference is not that great. Hits a good area around you and hits ground enemies. Great to combo with and very fast animation.

Lvl 5 Luring Slice since it allows you and your teammates to deal significantly more dmg! Additional lvls don't give you much dmg increase. I always try to apply this attack before I begin unleashing my skills to kill faster. Doesn't hit ground enemies. If it did this skill would be so broken. This skill is great in delaying your enemies in PVP as well. Allows for decent superarmor.

Lvl 1 Counter Exile. Its a great recovery skill along with your other recover skills (Aerial Eva, Brush Off, Air Combo). No need to increase the lvl since the CD is long and the added damage is not worth the SP. When it does dmg it does great dmg!

I had lvl 6 Parrying before and honestly the increase in % chance is insignificant once you get Parrying Stance. Leave Parrying to lvl 3. and min lvl for counter to get Parrying Stance if you choose to get Parrying at all. I love Parrying Stance! I got the Increase Duration crest and 50% Increase Movement speed crest for Counter Slash. With that I have 16 sec of parrying and when I stand in posion I can deal 70k dmg easily.

Watch starting at 5:24 for Parrying Stance Affectiveness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT2Sy9Xyo-4

Note: All Physical Tree Skills move you while Magical Tree Skills keep you stationary.

Lvl 11 Moonlight Splitter to get EX as mentioned before. Lvl 12 doesn't add significant dmg. Very versatile skill. Fastest skill CD, longest range, can hit enemies on the ground. One of the fastest start up skills in PVP. EX skill is amazing! High DPS and wide range!

Lvl 6 Cyclone Slash will be enough since it's main purpose is to deal with mobs and help you combo. Doesn't do great dmg and not good to use on skeleton enemies (will cause them to break so then you can't do dmg to them). Attack animation is slow. Super armor isn't that great on this skill.

Max Crescent Cleave. At lvl 5 (Lvl 38) you get 5 crescents and each does awesome dmg. Deals massive dmg to big bosses and pushes back groups of enemies. Only downside is the time to cast all 5 crescents. However, you can dash out of the skill prematurely and only send 1 or 3 crescents out depending on the situation.

I recommend max level Half Slash in conjunction with 50% speed increase crest as previously stated. The burst damage is high and can wipe numerous enemies at once. Gives you great super armor as well so you won't be interrupted when casting. Only downside is the speed of the animation.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/3207/dn20110807234027sun.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/714/dn20110807234027sun.jpg/)

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/925/dn20110807234057sun.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/808/dn20110807234057sun.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/336/dn20110807234051sun.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/19/dn20110807234051sun.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Slamdolf
08-07-2011, 11:02 PM
I guess I'll use it until I become more wealthy/lucky. It'll get replaced eventually :)

heroic
08-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Btw, MoonLords are awesome in PVP. Especially if you're hybrid. Then the difference is only your advanced skills. Which is where Flash Stance pwns due to long range and good damage.

heroic
08-07-2011, 11:24 PM
I can't seem to Edit my previous post to upload more images so I'll just post them here.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3207/dn20110807234027sun.jpg By heroic49 (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/heroic49) at 2011-08-07

Note: My character is only Lvl 47 so I only input the SP up to lvl 47

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/807/newpicturehk.png By heroic49 (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/heroic49) at 2011-08-07

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/1637/newpicture1j.png By heroic49 (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/heroic49) at 2011-08-07

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/6030/newpicture2v.png By heroic49 (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/heroic49) at 2011-08-07

heroic
08-07-2011, 11:51 PM
I wanted to mention in my long post that you can also Dash out of Cyclone Slash and Half Slash in case you're in a pinch. Cancelling out of a skill can mean the difference between life and death!

To talk about the "Ultimate" or lvl 40 skills, Infinity Edge is probably the strongest Ultimate skill to one enemy out there. High damage in a linear fashion. The downside is the linear fashion. Its not great on mobs, but awesome on bosses, especially big bosses.

Great Wave is an ok Ultimate. Max of 5 bursts and one traveling Half Slash. Bad things is that you're stationary. Good thing is that you can cancel the skill by releasing the Half Slash at anytime. Only good for enemies in front of you. I ended up getting the CD reduction crest for this skill. Knocked 12 sec off CD. Still not sure whether to get Damage Crest or CD Crest.

Moon Blade Dance is an amazing skill for hit/run and dps. Sends out 5 cleaves that can hit 10-20 times on enemies. You move a lot with this skill so it can be tricky to control. Downside, you can't hit enemies really close to you so in PVP make sure you're at a distance from an enemy. This skill is also great for evasion and movement around the map! Can be cancelled if you're surrounded or close to an enemy. Typically, once you're in the air you're free to unleash the full attack.

Flash Stance is a situational skill or an initiating skill. Use it only when you've put some distance between you and the enemy and when you aren't about to take damage cause just like Hacking Stance you don't have mobility when using it. This skill is amazing in PVP. I've only got to use it before selecting my job, but from videos its a great finisher. When the enemy is 1/4 health people will just Flash Stance them to death at a distance.

Here are more pics!

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/9404/dn20110807234037sun.jpg By heroic49 (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/heroic49) at 2011-08-07

heroic
08-08-2011, 12:28 AM
Here is a link to a discussion about the Top Moonlord build in Korea.

Enjoy!

http://dragonnestblog.wordpress.com/2011/08/03/analysis-of-top-moon-lord-build-from-korea/

Clivort
08-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Hi Dan i just want to ask u. For hybrid Gladiator, why do u have to restrain moonlight splitter to lvl 2? cause at lvl 6 or> u got extra range for that skill since i find out that lvl 2 moonlight splitter has a small range atk. So I think it might be helpful if we add more to it. I saw most gladiator PVP and PVE on youtube and most of them use this skill a lot. Is it because Gladiator doesn't have a big mag damage so we don't really need this skill?

DanxDDan
08-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Btw, MoonLords are awesome in PVP. Especially if you're hybrid. Then the difference is only your advanced skills. Which is where Flash Stance pwns due to long range and good damage.

Sucks for Nexon's editing times. Or, maybe soon I'll write a guide with EVERYTHING. But I agree, since most Swordsmen go with hybrid build, we can't really judge if Gladiator or Moonlord is better at PvP. I guess I'll make it clear here. If you're a FULL Magic Swordsmen, then you'll be good in PvE, not so good in PvP. If you're a FULL Physical Swordsmen, you'll be good in PvP and maybe alright in PvE. Hybrid allows you to be viable in both PvP and PvE. The only tradeoff is not maxing skills and the only skills I see worth maxing are Luring Slice, Line Drive, and Halfmoon Slash. Now the reason why we can't judge Gladiator and Moonlord is because each job only gets 3 new skills. We can make a judgment later on when new skills are released.

Hi Dan i just want to ask u. For hybrid Gladiator, why do u have to restrain moonlight splitter to lvl 2? cause at lvl 6 or> u got extra range for that skill since i find out that lvl 2 moonlight splitter has a small range atk. So I think it might be helpful if we add more to it. I saw most gladiator PVP and PVE on youtube and most of them use this skill a lot. Is it because Gladiator doesn't have a big mag damage so we don't really need this skill?

Aww, another thing I forgot to mention. I really will devote my time to that guide some time. As a Gladiator, Moonlight Splitter isn't as good in the hands of a Moonlord because of lack of magic attack. For Moonlord, you need it at Lv. 11 to get its EX skill. Maybe you can get away with raising Moonlight if you're going Full Magic build, but as a Hybrid, I'd keep it at Lv. 2 until Lv. 40. I witnessed the pain of running into SP restrictions because I was raising Moonlight early on before Lv. 40. Because of that, I couldn't get certain skills at the level that I wanted to get them. And my Moonlight was Lv. 5 as well. This just shows that SP restrictions can be a flaw for going down the hybrid path if you don't plan ahead. After Lv. 40, it's fine to raise Moonlight as you won't be getting any other skills. Besides, you've got until Lv. 47 till you get Moonlight Splitter EX.

Slamdolf
08-09-2011, 04:38 PM
I don't really see the point of the thrust ability that you get at level 21. Granted I just hit 21 on my swordsman, it seems like really mediocre damage. Is it that good at breaking super armor? Haven't tried manticore yet but can it break his? Also do swordsmen get much better as time goes on? Currently mine seems much weaker than my mystic, who seems much weaker than my friends ele at this level cap.

Thanks for all the help Dan :D Also unrelated non swordsman question, how hard is it to get the dragonite needed to cast ults? I feel like Infinity Edge is really needed to make gladiator great at PVE.

heroic
08-09-2011, 04:55 PM

As far as I know Moonlight splitter is the same range from lvl 1to lvl 11 until you get the EX skill. If you're referring to cyclone then its true that at lvl 6 the cyclone is bigger. Or if you're talking about the Damage then there really is no big change in damage from lvl 1 to lvl 6 because each lvl only increases a small amount of damage.

heroic
08-09-2011, 05:03 PM
I don't really see the point of the thrust ability that you get at level 21. Granted I just hit 21 on my swordsman, it seems like really mediocre damage. Is it that good at breaking super armor? Haven't tried manticore yet but can it break his? Also do swordsmen get much better as time goes on? Currently mine seems much weaker than my mystic, who seems much weaker than my friends ele at this level cap.

Thanks for all the help Dan :D Also unrelated non swordsman question, how hard is it to get the dragonite needed to cast ults? I feel like Infinity Edge is really needed to make gladiator great at PVE.

Forward thrust is good for moving your character and also the first dive is good for hitting enemies on the ground which will ultimately allow you to keep your combo counter up. Its useful when your other skills are on CD or if you need to close the distance between you and the opponent. Its much more useful in PVP since you can keep that up close fighting against long range users or people who don't like being cornered.

As for super armor, its not a good skill for super armor destruction. Your heavy impact skills are best for super armor destruction, for example trip slash, moonlight splitter and dash combo.

Swordsman gets much much better. Their one of the top DPS and PVP classes for their speed, agility, power and recovery/counter skills. They will never out damage a sorceress or archer however since those are true DPS classes, but the advantage is that a swordsman has more defense and defensive skills than the two classes aforementioned.

Dragonite is bought from the potions lady. Its not hard to get. From playing the Chinese server and obtaining an Ultimate skill I never had to use the dragonite. But then I had the book so who knows.

Disturrbed
08-11-2011, 11:12 PM
hey it'd be cool if you checked out my build, basically yours with a few modifications, it's moonlord build obviously lol and I hope that since the last post was two days ago that doesn't mean I'm necroing this thread that'd suck lol

http://jcaspian.co.cc/dn/simulator/moonlord.html?-NxBFP1FQ3sUQU5t2Vj-FVDC|139$308$50

Disturrbed
08-11-2011, 11:41 PM
ok nevermind my bad the last post was way longer than two days ago lol

Lurker7
08-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Thanks Dan for your guide. I'm wondering if you can post a picture of your Swordsman- Moonlord build or can you confirm that heroics's Swordsman- Moonlord build picture has no flaws or in need of suggestions on page 9.

DanxDDan
08-12-2011, 01:57 PM
hey it'd be cool if you checked out my build, basically yours with a few modifications, it's moonlord build obviously lol and I hope that since the last post was two days ago that doesn't mean I'm necroing this thread that'd suck lol

http://jcaspian.co.cc/dn/simulator/moonlord.html?-NxBFP1FQ3sUQU5t2Vj-FVDC|139$308$50

That Lv. 2 Hemorrahage is disheartening. It should be at least Lv. 5. It's quite an important skill. I wouldn't say it's vital but I would put it at priority before focusing on your other active skills. Like lower Counter Exile down to Lv. 1. An extra 2 seconds in Parrying Stance isn't much so lower it down to Lv. 1. Finally, it looks like Crescent Cleave should go down to Lv. 5 because it's damage difference isn't so huge, least it's not like Line Drive or Halfmoon. With that you'll have enough SP to get Hemorrahage to Lv. 5. Everything else looks good though.

Thanks Dan for your guide. I'm wondering if you can post a picture of your Swordsman- Moonlord build or can you confirm that heroics's Swordsman- Moonlord build picture has no flaws or in need of suggestions on page 9.

http://jcaspian.co.cc/dn/simulator/moonlord.html?-NlHGomVuX1pwWAVVR9JQdW-|141$309$50

I was really tight on SP in the end so I debated between Hemorrahage or Halfmoon. I went with Hemorrahage since it is a debuff that applies to all your attacks and Halfmoon has an abysmal 45 second cooldown. Beyond Lv. 7 Hemorrahage, the damage multiplier increases even slower.

Heroic's is more of a PvE build which is why Drop and Sweeping Kick are missing, great skills to continue combos in PvP by pushing your opponent into a wall. He has Lv. 10 Impact Wave but I just never liked it. Slow, low superarmor and low superarmor destruction and it's damage isn't so good either. I just completely ditch Impact Wave the moment I get more skills, but that's how I go. I've never experimented with its range increase but I still don't like it for the reasons above, my SP is tight and I'm not going to spend so much money on resets.

Plus he's not a Hybrid, so he's got more spare SP to go into some of his active skills. Nothing else is out of the ordinary. The Impact Wave deal is just my opinion but aside from that, his build is perfectly reasonable and fine for those who want to focus on PvE.

icekiller158
08-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Hey, I used your guide and came up with a build for Hybrid Gladiator with a few modification. Tell me what you think of it.
http://dnarmory.com/skill-calc?c=1&sc=11&tc=23&ll=50#-z15tDyHgYXtji9_clV

DanxDDan
08-13-2011, 08:21 AM
Hey, I used your guide and came up with a build for Hybrid Gladiator with a few modification. Tell me what you think of it.

It looks all good to me. Now just figure out what to do with that 49 remaining SP.

Ayann
08-13-2011, 12:53 PM
Would just like to thank you for this,
Helped me greatly and is great information that I will use on my journey to be a moonlord. ^.^ Thanks a bunch!

Lurker7
08-13-2011, 06:48 PM
That Lv. 2 Hemorrahage is disheartening. It should be at least Lv. 5. It's quite an important skill. I wouldn't say it's vital but I would put it at priority before focusing on your other active skills. Like lower Counter Exile down to Lv. 1. An extra 2 seconds in Parrying Stance isn't much so lower it down to Lv. 1. Finally, it looks like Crescent Cleave should go down to Lv. 5 because it's damage difference isn't so huge, least it's not like Line Drive or Halfmoon. With that you'll have enough SP to get Hemorrahage to Lv. 5. Everything else looks good though.

http://jcaspian.co.cc/dn/simulator/moonlord.html?-NlHGomVuX1pwWAVVR9JQdW-|141$309$50

I was really tight on SP in the end so I debated between Hemorrahage or Halfmoon. I went with Hemorrahage since it is a debuff that applies to all your attacks and Halfmoon has an abysmal 45 second cooldown. Beyond Lv. 7 Hemorrahage, the damage multiplier increases even slower.

Heroic's is more of a PvE build which is why Drop and Sweeping Kick are missing, great skills to continue combos in PvP by pushing your opponent into a wall. He has Lv. 10 Impact Wave but I just never liked it. Slow, low superarmor and low superarmor destruction and it's damage isn't so good either. I just completely ditch Impact Wave the moment I get more skills, but that's how I go. I've never experimented with its range increase but I still don't like it for the reasons above, my SP is tight and I'm not going to spend so much money on resets.

Plus he's not a Hybrid, so he's got more spare SP to go into some of his active skills. Nothing else is out of the ordinary. The Impact Wave deal is just my opinion but aside from that, his build is perfectly reasonable and fine for those who want to focus on PvE.

So that link right there is the exact skill build for your Swordsman? I just want to have the best possible build for a moonlord and follow your personal build.

DragonNestBlog
08-13-2011, 09:57 PM
You all may want to look at the top voted korean build for
Moonlord http://dragonnestblog.wordpress.com/2011/08/03/analysis-of-top-moon-lord-build-from-korea/
Gladiator http://dragonnestblog.wordpress.com/2011/08/07/analysis-of-top-gladiator-build-from-korea/

Racer
08-13-2011, 11:06 PM
Dan, I"m mainly going physical glad (most of my equipment with str and physical damage), and I've run into a problem with not having enough aoe skills. I notice most of my physical skills would "break apart the mobs". Would a build with a lv 2 out splitter, lv 6 cyclone, while maxing out hemorrage and line drive be viable? Or would the magic skills be a waste because I'll be low on magic damage because of the equipment? Also I see some people maxing eclipse and then some leaving it at 1, could you explain that?

Racer
08-13-2011, 11:29 PM
So... I was thinking one of these two builds:

Build 1: http://dnarmory.com/skill-calc?c=1&sc=11&tc=23&ll=50#6va.Kl4qbUXeNxW1Nt-
(lv 2 spitter, lv 6 cyclone, eclipse lv 5, and hemmorage and line drive maxed)

Possible build 2: http://dnarmory.com/skill-calc?c=1&sc=11&tc=23&ll=50#6wP_19Olai1JgNjKNt-
(lv 2 spitter, lv 3 cyclone, lv 5 cresent, lv 1 half moon, lv 6 hemmorage brought down for the sp, maxed line drive, and lv 1 eclipse)

So I guess it's coming down to: would my crowd control be okay with the magic skills of spitter and cyclone only, or will i need more with the expense with sacrficing some physical damage skills. And I still want my equipments to have a lot of physical damage. And yeah, I still don't understand the importance of eclipse so i'm juggling with it in these two builds.

Old_Scratch
08-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Okay, im going a MoonLord, and i need to know if you can still upgrade triple slash, seeing as its a good skill.

DanxDDan
08-14-2011, 01:28 PM
So that link right there is the exact skill build for your Swordsman? I just want to have the best possible build for a moonlord and follow your personal build.

Please, you don't have to follow my build. I'm sorry if I'm giving off the impression that I'm more than I appear because really, I'm not. My build focuses on utility, not damage, and multi-purpose in both PvP and PvE. It's definitely not the best build. I more or less point out the essentials. Most of my skills are minimum level anyways. And I only had 13 remaining SP after getting everything I wanted. Eight of it went into Luring Slice, four into Halfmoon, and the last SP into Mental Training. You can make modifications to my build though. Here are possibilities for modifications.

If you like Impact Wave (I don't) you could get it as high as Lv. 10 for its range increase.

I like Circle Break for early levels. Later on, it doesn't matter. If you want, you could get by early levels without it. Or use a reset later.

Some people don't bother with both MP Passives. I didn't put much in it. Others may max Mental Training.

I have Relieve maxed. You don't need to. But I like reduced cooldown times over skills that deal more damage.

Physical Mastery is maxed for me. You don't need to. But then again, its only 1 SP per rank up so it doesn't hurt.

You don't have to have a Lv. 6 Cyclone. But I like it. You may or may not like its size increase. If you feel you can mob well, then its alright not to rank it beyond Lv. 3.

If you want more duration for Parrying Stance, go ahead.

Eclipse Lv. 1 reduces superarmor 40%. Lv. 4 reduces 50%. And at Lv. 7, 55% reduction. I like 40% enough, especially if my SP has to go elsewhere. So much SP for an extra 10-15%? That's not for me. Could be for others with extra SP lying there.

So if you were to take some SP out from some of those skills, you could focus on other skills such as Line Drive or Halfmoon. But I'm not saying you can't follow my build. Doesn't matter to me if you follow my build. But my build suits me. It may suit you, it may not. The best thing to do is test it out yourself.

So... I was thinking one of these two builds:

Build 1: http://dnarmory.com/skill-calc?c=1&sc=11&tc=23&ll=50#6va.Kl4qbUXeNxW1Nt-
(lv 2 spitter, lv 6 cyclone, eclipse lv 5, and hemmorage and line drive maxed)

Possible build 2: http://dnarmory.com/skill-calc?c=1&sc=11&tc=23&ll=50#6wP_19Olai1JgNjKNt-
(lv 2 spitter, lv 3 cyclone, lv 5 cresent, lv 1 half moon, lv 6 hemmorage brought down for the sp, maxed line drive, and lv 1 eclipse)

So I guess it's coming down to: would my crowd control be okay with the magic skills of spitter and cyclone only, or will i need more with the expense with sacrficing some physical damage skills. And I still want my equipments to have a lot of physical damage. And yeah, I still don't understand the importance of eclipse so i'm juggling with it in these two builds.

Eclipse has great reach, a lot more than you would think. Decent damage and it makes it easier to reduce the superarmor of monsters.

For the first build, Lv. 5 Eclipse isn't necessary. Both Lv. 4 and 5 reduce superarmor by 50%. And there's a small damage difference between Lv. 4 and 5. Downgrade it to Lv. 4. If you're fine with 40% superarmor reduction, then lower it all the way to Lv. 1.

I would go with the second build. Cyclone Slash is weak even in the hands of a Moonlord so it's going to be terrible as a Gladiator. A Lv. 5 Crescent Cleave can mob much more efficiently than a Lv. 6 Cyclone. I've seen Gladiators use Crescent, but rarely do I see them use Cyclone to mob. To add on even more, Cyclone's cast time is slow and you can be easily interrupted unless casting at a distance. Crescent at least gives you some superarmor.

And a small little thing about both builds, get Surprise Attack.

Okay, im going a MoonLord, and i need to know if you can still upgrade triple slash, seeing as its a good skill.

I would advise not to. Lv. 1 is fine. If you were to follow my build, you'd be very limited in leftover SP. Even if you did have more leftover SP, for Moonlords, raising Triple Slash is of one of the lowest priority. You'll find yourself spending remaining SP on more worthwhile skills than Triple Slash.

If you have a reset, then if you want to...but don't expect much at all. Probably a waste of a reset.

Racer
08-14-2011, 06:06 PM
ya forgot about surprise attack. So the second build will do good damage on the magic side even though i'll mainly invenst in physical damage gears? Also lv 1 half moon and lv 6 hemmorage, or just max hemmorage and no half moon?

PyroTeknic
08-14-2011, 06:44 PM
-I removed my own post-

Lurker7
08-14-2011, 08:43 PM
Please, you don't have to follow my build. I'm sorry if I'm giving off the impression that I'm more than I appear because really, I'm not. My build focuses on utility, not damage, and multi-purpose in both PvP and PvE. It's definitely not the best build. I more or less point out the essentials. Most of my skills are minimum level anyways. And I only had 13 remaining SP after getting everything I wanted. Eight of it went into Luring Slice, four into Halfmoon, and the last SP into Mental Training. You can make modifications to my build though. Here are possibilities for modifications.

If you like Impact Wave (I don't) you could get it as high as Lv. 10 for its range increase.

I like Circle Break for early levels. Later on, it doesn't matter. If you want, you could get by early levels without it. Or use a reset later.

Some people don't bother with both MP Passives. I didn't put much in it. Others may max Mental Training.

I have Relieve maxed. You don't need to. But I like reduced cooldown times over skills that deal more damage.

Physical Mastery is maxed for me. You don't need to. But then again, its only 1 SP per rank up so it doesn't hurt.

You don't have to have a Lv. 6 Cyclone. But I like it. You may or may not like its size increase. If you feel you can mob well, then its alright not to rank it beyond Lv. 3.

If you want more duration for Parrying Stance, go ahead.

Eclipse Lv. 1 reduces superarmor 40%. Lv. 4 reduces 50%. And at Lv. 7, 55% reduction. I like 40% enough, especially if my SP has to go elsewhere. So much SP for an extra 10-15%? That's not for me. Could be for others with extra SP lying there.

So if you were to take some SP out from some of those skills, you could focus on other skills such as Line Drive or Halfmoon. But I'm not saying you can't follow my build. Doesn't matter to me if you follow my build. But my build suits me. It may suit you, it may not. The best thing to do is test it out yourself.

Eclipse has great reach, a lot more than you would think. Decent damage and it makes it easier to reduce the superarmor of monsters.

For the first build, Lv. 5 Eclipse isn't necessary. Both Lv. 4 and 5 reduce superarmor by 50%. And there's a small damage difference between Lv. 4 and 5. Downgrade it to Lv. 4. If you're fine with 40% superarmor reduction, then lower it all the way to Lv. 1.

I would go with the second build. Cyclone Slash is weak even in the hands of a Moonlord so it's going to be terrible as a Gladiator. A Lv. 5 Crescent Cleave can mob much more efficiently than a Lv. 6 Cyclone. I've seen Gladiators use Crescent, but rarely do I see them use Cyclone to mob. To add on even more, Cyclone's cast time is slow and you can be easily interrupted unless casting at a distance. Crescent at least gives you some superarmor.

And a small little thing about both builds, get Surprise Attack.

I would advise not to. Lv. 1 is fine. If you were to follow my build, you'd be very limited in leftover SP. Even if you did have more leftover SP, for Moonlords, raising Triple Slash is of one of the lowest priority. You'll find yourself spending remaining SP on more worthwhile skills than Triple Slash.

If you have a reset, then if you want to...but don't expect much at all. Probably a waste of a reset.
Well, what I'm doing is that I'm taking builds and comparing them with one another and so far they all seem pretty much the same. I don't think 1 SP off or so is going to make a huge difference. ( correct me if I'm wrong ) Knowing you, your knowledge of SM moonlord is really good and having my build similar is fine by me, if not exact.

DanxDDan
08-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Yeah, it's true. Loads of builds out there are just so similar to each other that slight SP in other skills don't mean a difference. My build seems to be tighter than others and I care about a number of the passives more than others would. For example, you don't need to max Health Bolster like I did. But it's fine.

Racer
08-21-2011, 05:27 PM
http://dnarmory.com/skill-calc?c=1&sc=11&tc=23&ll=50#6vcsHoBP9D9AibOg8LV what do you think of this one, i took out half moon.

Sehmiya
08-21-2011, 08:13 PM
I heard that Triple Slash EX can lift downed opponents like in PvP. Don't know if that's true or not. I just thought regular Triple Slash already did that considering I can still hit them when they're downed. Do you know anything about this?

Sehmiya
08-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Oh and I forgot to mention, i have a build where it will only allow me to have 2/3 level 32 skills at level 32 so I was wondering which of the three is "unnecessary." I like parry stance because in a sense it's an early "Flash Stance" if you know how to use it right, but Parry Stance isn't a MUST HAVE. the reason i think i have this problem is probably because i raised my moonlight to lvl 4 already. Hope they give skill reset so i won't have to worry about the problem.

DanxDDan
08-22-2011, 08:49 PM
http://dnarmory.com/skill-calc?c=1&sc=11&tc=23&ll=50#6vcsHoBP9D9AibOg8LV what do you think of this one, i took out half moon.

Yes, everything looks good.

I heard that Triple Slash EX can lift downed opponents like in PvP. Don't know if that's true or not. I just thought regular Triple Slash already did that considering I can still hit them when they're downed. Do you know anything about this?

Never tested it out since I'm a Moonlord but I believe it does because of its new animation which has a lifting animation. Other people have said so as well but it's not like I can confirm it. Just take their word. Regular Triple Slash does hit downed enemies but doesn't lift them up like EX does.

Oh and I forgot to mention, i have a build where it will only allow me to have 2/3 level 32 skills at level 32 so I was wondering which of the three is "unnecessary." I like parry stance because in a sense it's an early "Flash Stance" if you know how to use it right, but Parry Stance isn't a MUST HAVE. the reason i think i have this problem is probably because i raised my moonlight to lvl 4 already. Hope they give skill reset so i won't have to worry about the problem.

Truthfully, it's a matter of preference. In cDN, I went with Line Drive and Halfmoon but found myself not liking it because of a number of reasons.

1. Both have 45 second cooldowns.
2. By Level 32 you [should] have filled up your first skillbar and moved on to your 2nd. I don't like changing skillbars too much and tend to forget that Halfmoon or Line Drive are out of cooldown.
3. Line Drive is only awesome if you can get all 6 hits which is almost impossible (if not impossible) on smaller mobs. Only works on big bosses.
4. Halfmoon is slow without an Animation Speed Crest.
5. They're both situational skills in PvP partly in due to their long activation times.

When the Level cap is increased in NA, I plan on getting Halfmoon and Parrying Stance. Halfmoon to crowd clear and Parrying Stance because it's a lifesaver.

I don't rely on Line Drive in PvP either.

If you're solely focusing on Physical then get Line Drive instead of Halfmoon.

But this is just my plan ahead.

Sehmiya
08-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Thanks, I'm goin hybrid moonlord so I guess having the halfmoon slash is better since i'll have higher magic dmg than most other warriors while they'll have less magic def. (pvp). and it seems like the mobs right now seem to have less m.def than p.def.

Eiz
08-23-2011, 03:17 PM
can i get both infinity edge and great wave?

Croyn
08-23-2011, 04:10 PM
can i get both infinity edge and great wave?

Nope, you can only unlock one lv. 40 Ultimate.

icekiller158
08-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Hey Dan, when I looked back to my build, I saw errors and the total sp went over 500 and I don't understand why. It had no problems when I was doing the build. This is my previous build.

This my current and revised build, tell me what you think of it now.
http://dnarmory.com/skill-calc?c=1&sc=11&tc=23&ll=50#-zVSDLMtdgdwf3OYyfV

DanxDDan
08-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Hey Dan, when I looked back to my build, I saw errors and the total sp went over 500 and I don't understand why. It had no problems when I was doing the build. This is my previous build.

This my current and revised build, tell me what you think of it now.
http://dnarmory.com/skill-calc?c=1&sc=11&tc=23&ll=50#-zVSDLMtdgdwf3OYyfV

DN Armory's got it wrong. Their simulator says Evasion Slash can be raised to Lv. 3 but really, it can only be raised to Lv. 2 with the Level 50 cap. So you should have 7 SP leftover rather than 2. As for the top build, again a bug with the simulator.

(Get rid of the space between 'h' and 't' in "html")
Here's your correct build: http://dn.duowan.com/jineng/?-o2oIaPmD4XtJ3AMuYgKyXKZ|142$301$50&ifr=gladiator.html

As for the build, I don't find 3% increase in MP all too much. You can lower it to Lv. 2 if you want. But that's your choice. Everything else looks fine. Find a way to spend that leftover SP such as Line Drive, Parrying Stance, or Luring Slice.

icekiller158
08-24-2011, 10:24 AM
DN Armory's got it wrong. Their simulator says Evasion Slash can be raised to Lv. 3 but really, it can only be raised to Lv. 2 with the Level 50 cap. So you should have 7 SP leftover rather than 2. As for the top build, again a bug with the simulator.

(Get rid of the space between 'h' and 't' in "html")
Here's your correct build: http://dn.duowan.com/jineng/?-o2oIaPmD4XtJ3AMuYgKyXKZ|142$301$50&ifr=gladiator.html

As for the build, I don't find 3% increase in MP all too much. You can lower it to Lv. 2 if you want. But that's your choice. Everything else looks fine. Find a way to spend that leftover SP such as Line Drive, Parrying Stance, or Luring Slice.

Ah, thank you very much, I appreciate your help and making this guide. They need to fix the skill calculator for DN Armory, not everyone can understand Chinese.

VanHellsing
08-31-2011, 01:44 AM
A question for you since I'm aiming to be a MoonLord . I only got the first 3 skills in the first row for SM and was wondering if i should invest on spending some SP on the skills below the first two skills in the first row before going down the Moonsplitter tree or should I just go straight there and then get the others ?

twigadee
08-31-2011, 02:31 AM
Hey there. Seeing as there are pros on this thread, i was wondering what ya'll think of this lvl 32 build.
http://dnarmory.com/skill-calc?c=1&sc=11&tc=&ll=32#yjYlduu-ZIuklXy5R

Im currently inclined towards PvE, and i enjoy it alot more than PvP atm since i dont have much skill. That being said, should I skip parry stance and get half moon wave instead? Or trade frenzied charge for half moon wave? If it helps, i currently have 965~1192 phys and 569~723 mag.

DanxDDan
08-31-2011, 06:14 PM
A question for you since I'm aiming to be a MoonLord . I only got the first 3 skills in the first row for SM and was wondering if i should invest on spending some SP on the skills below the first two skills in the first row before going down the Moonsplitter tree or should I just go straight there and then get the others ?

I would go with Magic tree first. I see more gain in getting Crescent and Halfmoon than Hacking Stance and Line Drive. Least I don't like Hacking Stance because its only great use is in PvP. But really, it depends how much SP you have left. I keep my SP on close check and will, by Level 32, be able to invest in a number of the new skills.

Hey there. Seeing as there are pros on this thread, i was wondering what ya'll think of this lvl 32 build.
http://dnarmory.com/skill-calc?c=1&sc=11&tc=&ll=32#yjYlduu-ZIuklXy5R

Im currently inclined towards PvE, and i enjoy it alot more than PvP atm since i dont have much skill. That being said, should I skip parry stance and get half moon wave instead? Or trade frenzied charge for half moon wave? If it helps, i currently have 965~1192 phys and 569~723 mag.

Since you like PvE more, get Halfmoon and Parrying Stance, both excellent skills suited for PvE. Parrying Stance because mobs don't have the brains to not attack while you're not in the offensive state and Halfmoon to eliminate a crowd of scrubs. Try getting the Animation Speed Crest for Halfmoon as well. Also, focus on upping that Magic Attack.

twigadee
08-31-2011, 11:56 PM
Since you like PvE more, get Halfmoon and Parrying Stance, both excellent skills suited for PvE. Parrying Stance because mobs don't have the brains to not attack while you're not in the offensive state and Halfmoon to eliminate a crowd of scrubs. Try getting the Animation Speed Crest for Halfmoon as well. Also, focus on upping that Magic Attack.

So that means i will get parry stance, luring slice and halfmoon slash. Would half moon slash also work in pvp? Just because i like pve more, doesnt mean i should neglect pvp xD!
Also, i saw that frenzied charge also attacks multiple mobs. Wouldnt this work better for pve and pvp?

VanHellsing
09-01-2011, 05:32 AM
I would go with Magic tree first. I see more gain in getting Crescent and Halfmoon than Hacking Stance and Line Drive. Least I don't like Hacking Stance because its only great use is in PvP. But really, it depends how much SP you have left. I keep my SP on close check and will, by Level 32, be able to invest in a number of the new skills

Ahhh I see . Thank you very much :D

Oppenheimen
11-02-2011, 12:36 AM
Hey, Dan. I just made a Swordsman tonight, and I plan to make him a purely PvE Moonlord. I've been following your hybrid build on the first page thus far, and intend to build myself up with gear that plays to both Str and Int attributes since it's a hybrid, but I've been getting/seeing a lot of other posts from people in other threads saying it would be better for me to go straight Int with no phys skills or stats and just stack int, mag, agi, and crit, and just go full magic skills with none from the physical side. I guess my question is, for PvE only, is it more advantageous to follow your hybrid build with the low-level str skills mixed in with the low-level mag skills and try to even it out so there's no CD between skills, or is it better to just go full Int/Agi and max all the magic skills like these other people are saying? I appreciate any advice or input you or anyone may have!

bigghead
11-08-2011, 03:34 AM
Thanks for making this thread Dan, it has been very helpful. While this is all awesome for when the new cap comes out is there anything we (SMs) should be focusing on stat wise for the lvl 32 cap. I am still undecided on if I'm going to go gladiator or moonlord. Just not sure which crests/prefix enchants and accessories I should be focusing on. My build is the usual SM one with frenzied strike and crescent cleave. Thanks in advance for any help.