Thread: Why do I keep getting DC'ed because the MapleStory Police thinks I'm hacking?

Why do I keep getting DC'ed because the MapleStory Police thinks I'm hacking?

It's unfair. Making me loose the mood of playing.

Lag.

When I run windows media player during maple, it makes me lag, and I will get DCed for hack reason.

When you lag, the game registers kills in areas you are no longer located. So its alarms go off and whatnot.

That. Also, it seems to be targeting a lot of Demon Slayers. I experienced this on other characters about twice total in many years. Now, I get at least 3 each day on my DS. I heard it's because of the Vengeance skill. I've removed the skill from my key set and I seem to have stopped getting the message >.>

Stop using reflect skills such as Vengeance and Body Pressure
    They seem to cause GM Police atm

Quote Originally Posted by kiraleena View Post
    That. Also, it seems to be targeting a lot of Demon Slayers. I experienced this on other characters about twice total in many years. Now, I get at least 3 each day on my DS. I heard it's because of the Vengeance skill. I've removed the skill from my key set and I seem to have stopped getting the message >.>
    It's getting my Pally a lot too when I do bosses. Warriors can sit in one spot very easily and spam attacks, which is another reason why I think it is doing it. When I use blast continuously it always disconnects me.

Also, I haven't been dc'd this much for it until the recent server problems and the x3 exp. Not sure if that is part of it, but there may be a link. Not 100% on that one, but it is my best guess other than lag, which I never have...unless the server dies.

It basically comes down to lag as Kittay has already said.

But if you move to a new map with a damage reflect skill active (Energy charge for Brawlers / Thunder Breakers, Body Pressure for Arans, Vengeance for Demon Slayers, Power Guard for adventurer based warrior classes, etc....) and happen to land directly on a monster, it's almost a 100% chance of getting "Disconnected for the HACK reason".

So if you have one of those skills, don't travel with it on.

If lag is causing it, I can't help you there

Why you people suddenly think that it got anything to do with skill like Vengence of the DS. I never got dc for the HACK reason while using it, and I use it all the time whenever I do any battle related stuff.

There's several reasons getting dc can happen:
    1. The main reason is lagging, either the channel you're in is too crowded, or your pc is slow
    2. Somebody using an external prog to cheat in game (hacker) that slow down the server.
    3. Sometime it's because of unexpected maintenance as well. This one happens the least.