Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barbarian & Destroyer - What Pros and Cons do they have?

Barbarian & Destroyer - What Pros and Cons do they have?

Level 50 cap isn't close, but I don't think it's very far either. My main is a merc, and I just don't know what the difference is between Barb and Destroyer. Can someone elaborate for me what their uses are? Like what kinds of skills are they known for, things like that. I already know what skills are available, such as Stomp Ex, Flying Swing Ex, Bone Crush, Maelstrom Howl and such so I would really appreciate if someone can help out here.

Barb:
    People say it's more PvE orientated
    Bone Crush is a really nice skill that adds to everyone's dps (parties like this skill, which is why most pve mercs go barb)
    Stomp EX is looked down upon in PvE and PvP due to having to stand still for the second wave (if it lands however, the affected person/mob will be slow as crap)
    Has a chance to deal more damage

Dest:
    People say it's more PvP orientated
    Flying Swing EX is basically lolyoucantbreakthisskill and gains better perks in pvp
    Maelstrom Howl is good in pvp and pve to gather up mobs (or players kekeke)
    Break Point or w/e just randomly breaks the SA and it becomes a crit. If i'm not mistaken, it can be used on nest bosses.

Pvp-wise they're not really different. Don't expect to string out different combos that a regular mercenary can't.
    Pve-wise: You can say barb is better at it, but then again a dest can also contribute just as good.

Perfect, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    Barb:
    People say it's more PvE orientated
    Bone Crush is a really nice skill that adds to everyone's dps (parties like this skill, which is why most pve mercs go barb)
    Stomp EX is looked down upon in PvE and PvP due to having to stand still for the second wave (if it lands however, the affected person/mob will be slow as crap)
    Has a chance to deal more damage

Dest:
    People say it's more PvP orientated
    Flying Swing EX is basically lolyoucantbreakthisskill and gains better perks in pvp
    Maelstrom Howl is good in pvp and pve to gather up mobs (or players kekeke)
    Break Point or w/e just randomly breaks the SA and it becomes a crit. If i'm not mistaken, it can be used on nest bosses.

Pvp-wise they're not really different. Don't expect to string out different combos that a regular mercenary can't.
    Pve-wise: You can say barb is better at it, but then again a dest can also contribute just as good.
    Actually stomp isnt overlooked in pvp, its a really useful skill. Generally for the 2nd wave to come out you have to stand still but not for that long, roughly like half a second for it. So i dont see this being that bad and also a player generally dodges stomp then moves out of distance thats where the 2nd wave works well on hitting them.

But the part bout barb being only pve is wrong aswell. Barbarian does alot more damage and can kill a player in pvp much faster then a destroyer due to the damage passive, if it procs on the best skills dont expect to live.

Destroyer i can agree in a way is more pvp orientated only because the sa breaker, ex skill and lvl 50 skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Sincrea View Post
    Actually stomp isnt overlooked in pvp, its a really useful skill. Generally for the 2nd wave to come out you have to stand still but not for that long, roughly like half a second for it. So i dont see this being that bad and also a player generally dodges stomp then moves out of distance thats where the 2nd wave works well on hitting them.

But the part bout barb being only pve is wrong aswell. Barbarian does alot more damage and can kill a player in pvp much faster then a destroyer due to the damage passive, if it procs on the best skills dont expect to live.

Destroyer i can agree in a way is more pvp orientated only because the sa breaker, ex skill and lvl 50 skill.
    Do you have any more knowledge about the passives? It seems like the destroyer's is better for pvp/pve due to the armor break. It also does critical damage, which is 1.5 times the normal damage, ignoring defense. I'm guessing you can't resist it too, it being crit damage and not a critical hit. The barbarian's, however, just seems like additional damage added onto the attack, which is affected by defense.

I can see why stomp ex is not over looked, but I was going with what most of the DN Community says since a majority amount of opinions > my opinion. But, the reason why I think Barb is more useful/wanted in parties/nests is because once you use bone crush on a boss, well, it's gg. And I didn't say barb was only pve, haha. My last paragraph stated that they're both still mercs with a few perks added to them.

Im not gonna have stomp ex on my barbarian. Im gonna max out roll attack, whirlwind, battle howl, iron skin and empowering howl. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    I can see why stomp ex is not over looked, but I was going with what most of the DN Community says since a majority amount of opinions > my opinion. But, the reason why I think Barb is more useful/wanted in parties/nests is because once you use bone crush on a boss, well, it's gg. And I didn't say barb was only pve, haha. My last paragraph stated that they're both still mercs with a few perks added to them.
    Oh i was looking at a pvp perspective but your right in pve i dont think its very useful haha. But definately in pvp you should get this as it is very useful for catching players.

Quote Originally Posted by xAsdsdf View Post
    Do you have any more knowledge about the passives? It seems like the destroyer's is better for pvp/pve due to the armor break. It also does critical damage, which is 1.5 times the normal damage, ignoring defense. I'm guessing you can't resist it too, it being crit damage and not a critical hit. The barbarian's, however, just seems like additional damage added onto the attack, which is affected by defense.
    Well Armor break is really useful because if you used just say a wrong dash upper when you enemy does flying swing and it procs flying swing is broken. But to rely and hope on that proc is no very good. Barbarians parrive adds more damage and if it does add onto your strong skills it does alot of damage, me and my friend were combo practising i was using my barb and he used destroyer. We both used the same combo and skills in order. flyingswing>rollingattack>bombsaway>whirlwind to test out this passive and the barbarian almost killed the player where as the destroyer still left like 10k+. I think its honestly preference i guess, damage or armor break that adds crit.

Flying Swing Ex can reach 1000%+ if you have dmg crest and hit with all the shockwaves.

Well Armor break is really useful because if you used just say a wrong dash upper when you enemy does flying swing and it procs flying swing is broken. But to rely and hope on that proc is no very good. Barbarians parrive adds more damage and if it does add onto your strong skills it does alot of damage, me and my friend were combo practising i was using my barb and he used destroyer. We both used the same combo and skills in order. flyingswing>rollingattack>bombsaway>whirlwind to test out this passive and the barbarian almost killed the player where as the destroyer still left like 10k+. I think its honestly preference i guess, damage or armor break that adds crit.
    Wow... really? If the difference was so great as to be over 10 k hp, why aren't there more barbarians? I certainly want to go one now... After the duo-ultimate patch, a lot of barbarians became axe destroyers.

Also, do you know how the passive work? I thought crit was more than an additional attack of your max phys dmg.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast