Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Skill Build for Artillery

Good Skill Build for Artillery

Hi guys ,

can some1 help me with the skill tree of Artillery , and comment this pls -> http://dnarmory.com/skill-calc?i=2-1..._Ca47fI7vmmk5x ( i want to specify that i want to PvE and PvP with this build)

http://dnarmory.com/skill-calc?i=2-1...CsB2xZZ8fbvyOx
    Modified off your build.
    In my opinion swift shot is a really good dps skill considering its cd, so I choose to max it.
    Target isn't a good option for arts unless you have the extra sp, and get some mp regen...

sorry personal opinion but i wouldnt get target at all. id max ankle shot and atleast get stun to lvl 1 the rest looks gud to me

Okay tnx

Here's my view:
    Walking target? It's been analysed, it's horrible. Get rid of it.
    Spiritual focus CAN boost you a lot, but it leeches off MP. If you PvP, don't use it or get rid of it.
    Crossbow mastery... 8% damage is A LOT, but you'll get it if you invest the SP into a skill instead. Get rid of it.
    Stun shot? One of the most IMPORTANT PvP moves? Get it. Now.
    HP and MP mastery, sure, they give you +%10 HP/MP (which is a LOT with the level 40 and 50 gear) but you might want to invest the SP elsewhere.
    Here's a build with what I told you to take down.
    http://dnarmory.com/skill-calc?i=2-1...uO4MLqBX56EuTx
    Notice the SP you have?
    Keep it.
    Also, some important info.
    Multi shot has always been and will always be an acrobat skill. Leave it at 1 or don't get it at all. Same applies for Moon Kick.
    Twin shot is an important PvP move, but don't level it, it doesn't justify it.
    If you level ANYTHING, level ACS, or Arrow Rain, because those attacks a) Glitch the proc fix, b) Have large AoE and c) Do a lot of damage
    All of the buffs suck for PvP and aren't worth getting for PvE, EXCEPT Fury of the Owl (no SP) and Spiritual focus, if you max it.
    I took the liberty of maxing ankle shot. At high levels it is absolutely deadly.
    Ankle shot, tumbling shot back, arrow rain...
    Poof!
    No mobs!
    I know this isn't what you had in mind, but think about it a bit.

Just so everyone is on the same page here, Spiritual Focus doesn't actually leech off MP. It uses a set amount one time, upon activation. BUT......

When it activates, it boosts your Int. This, in turn, raises your maximum MP. Suddenly it looks like you've lost a big chunk of MP, but U merely gained higher MP capacity.

In a dungeon, I always use Spiritual Focus right BEFORE picking up a Mana Herb. Then much of the MP I use over the next minute is subtracted from my "bonus" MP. Spiritual Focus enables me to never run low on MP (in dungeons).

http://dnarmory.com/skill-calc?i=2-1...__TBZ1LWIkAyOx think now its better . @myspace098 yeah you right and also 20% int + magical breeze = very very nasty s**t

Quote Originally Posted by Heroiin View Post
    http://dnarmory.com/skill-calc?i=2-1...__TBZ1LWIkAyOx think now its better . @myspace098 yeah you right and also 20% int + magical breeze = very very nasty s**t
    That's a good build. U did a good job on it!

To Angel (no offense):
    Spiritual focus gives a boost to INT, which in turn gives you a larger mana pool and you would gain more mp back via regen, is that correct? Not really sure about this. (ahh myspace answered this, ty!)
    He's asking for an artillery build, why would you max ankle when you can max swift shot and put more points into other o.O
    As a mid range nuker, an artillery can use multishot like an acrobat: you don't have slyph or the range to kite as well as a sniper.
    With the max sp cap on each builds, you always have enough points to get an archer dps skill (twin, pierce, multi) to at least level 10

To OP:
    you should also consider wisdom because artillery often lack enough crit if your gear is not great. This can be made up with wisdom of the owl so at least you have 15seconds of full crit with purple RoA then spam magic skills during the 45 seconds.
    Last edited by Footprinter; 02-24-2012 at 12:45 PM.

I don't know... When I played as artillery (cDN) I had spirit maxed, and even when taking the +20% Int into account it would bring my MP levels down.
    Artillery IS midrange, but Ankle Shot will always be my best friend.
    But why would I max swift shot? For me, it's a pvp skill, even though it has a really good AoE.
    I've always preferred attacking in a straight line.
    It all comes down to personal preference.
    Besides, even if the SP cap DOES let you max twin shot and piercing shot, you shouldn't do it because you'll be handicapped when the level cap goes up. I always think ahead, and I almost never max 1st class skills. 2nd and 3rd class do much more damage for the SP.
    I'd rather be an imbalanced tank than a balanced jack-of-all-trades.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast