Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Fix to the Black Cipher client crash.

something like this

Yes, that's exactly it.

There's really nothing we can do about it, as there is no permanent solution at this point. They were/are having this problem on Combat Arms as well. We just have to wait until they acknowledge and fix the problem.

Kinda sucks missing out on things like the Miracle Cube and 2x EXP events..and like I said before, missing the 7th Anniversary if this isn't fixed by then.
    Last edited by lPhysix; 04-29-2012 at 02:05 PM.

leaving BlackCipher.aes on low priority doesn't help running maplestory AT ALL. i just tried to log in. i ended up getting an error report wiht 0's encoded in the message: 0x00000000(0). although, if you leave BlackCipher.aes on low, it will help alleviate the lags in internet browsers and anything that is running at the moment such as Word documents etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdBOWner View Post
    leaving BlackCipher.aes on low priority doesn't help running maplestory AT ALL. i just tried to log in. i ended up getting an error report wiht 0's encoded in the message: 0x00000000(0). although, if you leave BlackCipher.aes on low, it will help alleviate the lags in internet browsers and anything that is running at the moment such as Word documents etc.
    BlackCipher.aes should only be running when MapleStory is running. If it continues running while MapleStory is closed, end the process in your Task Manager, or it may end up burning up your processor.

Also, setting it to low priority, or setting the affinity to only one core, doesn't help a lot of us having this problem. You still get the massive spike in CPU usage and crash.

Quote Originally Posted by lPhysix View Post
    BlackCipher.aes should only be running when MapleStory is running. If it continues running while MapleStory is closed, end the process in your Task Manager, or it may end up burning up your processor.

Also, setting it to low priority, or setting the affinity to only one core, doesn't help a lot of us having this problem. You still get the massive spike in CPU usage and crash.
    oh okay. so right now i'm not playing maplestory. so based on what you wrote, it IS safe to close black cipher now?

Yes, if MapleStory is NOT running, then you should end the BlackCipher.aes process. If you don't, and it continues running at such a high rate, then you may end up having problems with your CPU.

I don't see why they haven't addressed this problem at all. I mean, it could be very harmful to peoples PCs if this continues..
    Not even a "Known Issue" post, a post on any of the SEVERAL threads about the problem, or anything.
    It's also harming all of the legitimate players, and the hackers are still running wild. So, it's obviously not doing what it was intended for.

Quote Originally Posted by lPhysix View Post
    Yes, if MapleStory is NOT running, then you should end the BlackCipher.aes process. If you don't, and it continues running at such a high rate, then you may end up having problems with your CPU.

I don't see why they haven't addressed this problem at all. I mean, it could be very harmful to peoples PCs if this continues..
    Not even a "Known Issue" post, a post on any of the SEVERAL threads about the problem, or anything.
    It's also harming all of the legitimate players, and the hackers are still running wild. So, it's obviously not doing what it was intended for.
    I must agree. They are running 2 anti-virus engines at once, and I've seen more hackers recently than ever before, so this Black Cipher thing isn't helping. In fact, it's ruining Maple for all the legit people who actually play the game. The first time they introduced this new hack shield, I used to be able to just click "End Process" in Task Manager, but it seems like when i do that now, Maplestory disconnects me within the next 5 minuyes after closing this Black Cipher. Playing with this Black Cipher is frustrating, because i do dc every once in a while anyways because of it, and suffer from extreme lag with no way to fix it.

NEXON, FIX THIS IMMEDIATLEY! And i assume that yes this has potential to ruin our computers/laptops, if it does, Nexon you're buying me a new laptop!
    Last edited by xXxdicerxXx; 04-30-2012 at 01:14 AM.

Banned
    Is this problem only on windows xp? I haven't had this issues on windows 7.

Wow, seriously, after 3 hours of Maple, I can smell the burnt in my laptop and my battery crashed... Nexon you owe me 40$ -.-'

kay u guys, its after server check, and they did all that banning YAY
    but, i have NOT dc'd yet, i am so excited lol
    dont know if its premature tho, ive heard those with LOG IN probs, still have them
    anyone STILL dc'g??

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast