Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Artillery or Sniper, Which BowMaster is the best at PvE?

Artillery or Sniper, Which BowMaster is the best at PvE?

Artillery or Sniper, Which BowMaster is the best at PvE?
    PvE ( You V.S Enviornment )

Artillery focuses on the Magical Skill's. Sniper focuses on the Physical Skills and etc..
    I know you can level any skills you want but certain skills aren't worth it to me if they aren't good at PvE...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESmjei12RWI&feature=player_embedded <- Sniper BM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjDAVHtWdaA&feature=player_embedded <-Artillery BM

From reading alot of Chinese forum posts about this topic, they both have their ups and downs.

Artillery has much better raw dps than sniper (mainly due to the buff). However, ambush points allows BM's AoE moves (eg. arrow storm primarily, aerial chain shot to a lesser extent, charge shot EX, etc) to hit extra mobs. (well, ambush point deals damage too, but it's mainly used for PvE blackhole)

At this moment, I'm going to have to go with artillery, simply due to the massive dps buff. In the long run however (eg. when aerial chain shot EX comes out and arrow storm EX comes out), my bet would be on sniper.

However, it's all up to you and your playstyle. If you are a hybrid and wish to do exactly what you're doing except much much better, then go artillery (cause it's basically T3 hybrid BM on steroids). If you wish for newer styles of gameplay, then snipers would be better suited.

Artillery looks soooo much better than the sniper imo.

I have a 43 Bowmaster soon to be sniper so I will tell you all i know. Ok, Sniper is physical as you know. Ambush point(the flower move, look it up on youtube) Gives better control to mobs in Nests. It does not attracts bosses in KR, CN or JP version so I doubt it will here aswell. I hear reportings that it does NOT attract Sea dragon boss and Apocalypse boss(look it up if you have questions, if i explained it would take forever.) I'm not sure if this will be the NA's translations at all. In terms of consistent DPS you would roll artillery because of Magical storm which makes all you phys damage into Magical damage for 10 seconds. So you could use arrow rain combo and do epic damage. Detonating shot is pretty good aswell doing 567% mag damage or so, I forget. If you wana PVP and still be good in PVE( Lets face it, PHYS BM will ALWAYS be good in PVE) then roll sniper. If you wana focus in on DPS and do well, roll Artillery. Simple. I probably know alot about Archers, I'm very experienced with them. If you need any advice PM me. I can possibly post up a skill tree of some sort.

Yeah ambush doesn't work on sea dragon or apoc, only on insignificant things like lightning ogre. XD

However I got to disagree with you a bit on the topic of PvP, artillery has gotten very little changes in the PvP setting at the moment (extension shot EX is about it, and that's more of a damage buff than anything), while sniper has charged shot EX, which increases charge shot's speed (and thus applicability) in PvP by a ton (to the point that there's almost no reason for piercing shot now). So I got to say at this moment, snipers have it better than artilleries in terms of PvP. Feel free to correct me though.

omgkenny, you mind making a good skill build for an artillery Bowmaster? You seem to be pretty experienced.
    Please use this Skill Stimulator : http://dn.mmosite.com/tool/skilltree.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    Yeah ambush doesn't work on sea dragon or apoc, only on insignificant things like lightning ogre. XD

However I got to disagree with you a bit on the topic of PvP, artillery has gotten very little changes in the PvP setting at the moment (extension shot EX is about it, and that's more of a damage buff than anything), while sniper has charged shot EX, which increases charge shot's speed (and thus applicability) in PvP by a ton (to the point that there's almost no reason for piercing shot now). So I got to say at this moment, snipers have it better than artilleries in terms of PvP. Feel free to correct me though.
    hhhmmmm i i think i said that in my post didn't I? My exact words " If you wana PVP and still be good in PVE(Lets face it, PHYS BM will ALWAYS be good in PVE) then roll sniper."
    I didn't go into depth why. I posted an whole thread about the BM job Advancement if you wana take a look.

Nami, i will get to it in a bit. Just woke up.

Quote Originally Posted by omgkenny View Post
    hhhmmmm i i think i said that in my post didn't I? My exact words " If you wana PVP and still be good in PVE(Lets face it, PHYS BM will ALWAYS be good in PVE) then roll sniper."
    I didn't go into depth why. I posted an whole thread about the BM job Advancement if you wana take a look.

Nami, i will get to it in a bit. Just woke up.
    I'd be interested in that Skill Build as well.

Also, I find that a lot of the skills as an Archer (in the skill builds I have seen) don't get leveled is that true? And I'm going to assume if so then skill points from Your 1st Job can be used on your 2nd job skills?

I played on CN DN too. Artillery does a lot more dmg than sniper. Sniper has ambush point, but it does not work on difficult boss like apoc or sea dragon.

Have u really played dn on asian servers? Physical tree whole tree are very bad at pvp except 40 ult. However it is a rule to not use 40 ult in 1v1. If u use it in 1v1, everyone will laugh at you, and you see your name in the megaphone spam.(sorta like DFO active awaken) Magic BM are a lot better than Physical bow user in ladder game.(gear enable) The few BM that made it in top 10 of all Chinese DN top 10 ranking among each servers has confirmed all to be Matk darkness BM. (as Jun10)

As for regular arena PVP(gear disable), BM tanks last last for both Physical BM and Magic BM.(cleric used to tank last place in 1v1 pvp) Physical BM is just not make for pvp. Magic BM is not good as well because BM has naturally low matk, so matk BM does low damage in gear disable regular arena.

As far as NA DN goes, we will probably rarely see BM in top 10 ladder ranking. In the beta, we already getting new gear system.(KDN got it at march/apr, CN DN got it at jun10, very surprised to see it on NA DN already) So BM will never see darkness prefix weapon. So there will won't be any darkness magic BM on NA DN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast