Thread: Dragons nest

Not really.

Items arent essential, maybe protection jelly at the most but to achieve +12 is still possible.

Cool Dragons nest

Dear everyone, dragons nest is so pay to win. Discuss.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Subnova View Post
    Dear everyone, dragons nest is so pay to win. Discuss.
    Been discussed from past threads, but do proceed. (Views)

Quote Originally Posted by Xalon View Post
    Not really.
    Items arent essential, maybe protection jelly at the most but to achieve +12 is still possible.
    costumes give stats on top of regular items. derp. your retarded. smiley face

I enhanced to +13 3 times without jelly. This guy is a crybaby.

Quote Originally Posted by Subnova View Post
    costumes give stats on top of regular items. derp. your retarded. smiley face
    Stats are minor. + Doesnt really effect PvP that much. Oh and if your talking about PvE you dont need good items to be good at it LOL

Jellies don't really change the fact that enhance rates are terrible, the only difference is you don't have to start over on a new equip because you can't break it.

Costumes have worthless stats, they barely make any difference in light of the fact that the in-game equips and crests offer far better stat increases. They are mostly for appearances because the in-game equips can be bland.

Approval stamps are a pain in the butt, yea. But not every expensive item worth selling requires approval stamps. If you burn through several equips enhancing them you're likely to get one that's enhanced to a rank that's worth some serious gold. With that gold, if you NEED approval stamps, you can just buy them from the players that sell them. I have friends who make tens of thousands of gold without spending any $$$, just lots of grinding and hard work. Granted, the people who sell them will probably make a lot of gold, but in all honesty I wouldn't pay $$$ for something I could get myself in-game unless I was really impatient or something.

The marketplace pass is a self-destructive item. Most players who use it are expected to overprice items, and therefore players skip over their listings because it is so easy to spot the listings due to the gold lining. And I have yet to have a week where I need to sell more than 30 items. You are more likely to make a profit if you avoid selling junk or things that you could craft into something worth more.

Inventory is starting to become a pain. The stronger our equips get (higher durability) the easier it is to grind on dungeons. Without a large inventory you can run out of space quite rapidly. All you can really do is get rid of junk as quickly as possible, and avoiding gathering too many items at once, stick to the necessities. Also, Nexon has held several events to increase your inventory thus far. We had the level-up event in open beta, we have the event going on right now for new characters, and players who participated in the roll-call event will get more inventory. You should also make use of your storage.

Birds are fine for advertising, but they are not necessary.

The magnifying glass gives you a small advantage when choosing chests. It's only really useful in Nest dungeons where you WANT the gold chest if you hope to make a profit. I usually get the gold chests anyway and I can handle missing a few.

The Skill Reset is a huge bother because of its price, but I would hardly consider it pay to win. It can be easily avoided by thinking out your build and using the Class section of the forum to discuss it with other players. You can also just start over with a new character for free; the price of the skill reset has to make you think "do I really need to reset my skills? is it worth it to keep this character as is?"

Overall I would say Dragon Nest is borderline Pay To Win. Players who buy all of these services will have an "enhanced" experience in Dragon Nest, but they won't accomplish anything that players who don't pay anything couldn't accomplish on their own, it would just take some patience. In PvE players who have payed $$$ to get all the best stuff as early as possible have basically told their partymates "I'm going to do all the work for you." Once you have the best equips, there isn't much point in making more gold unless you want to save up for the next cap update (and god knows when that will be right?). PvE just benefits other players, and regular PvP excludes equips so you'll be fighting on a level playing field. Nobody takes the ladder seriously because they assume players who pay-to-win or buy gold are going to be at the top, and they refuse to recognize anyone who doesn't win by skill alone.

/endpersonalopinion