Thread: Cannot Install Maplestory!

Lightbulb Cannot Install Maplestory!

After the problem with being unable to launch the game multiple times, I decided to re-download the game . However, the message: "Error: Cannot Load Game Data !" pops up after the downloader is finished. Iv re-downloaded the game about 12 times now, And the same thing keeps happening. Please Help!

-My operating system is windows 7. (If you needed to know.)
    -And I have 354GB free in my C drive (So i doubt its that.)

Quote Originally Posted by RedReo View Post
    After the problem with being unable to launch the game multiple times, I decided to re-download the game . However, the message: "Error: Cannot Load Game Data !" pops up after the downloader is finished. Iv re-downloaded the game about 12 times now, And the same thing keeps happening. Please Help!

-My operating system is windows 7. (If you needed to know.)
    -And I have 354GB free in my C drive (So i doubt its that.)

The "Cannot Load Game Data" error indicates that MapleStory cannot find the correct directory. Microsoft Windows has a complicated permissions scheme. I got this error because I was using a non-administrator account, and tried to temporarily give that account administrator privileges by logging out and logging into the admin account and change the non-administrator account to administrator. I do not know why this procedure does not work.

In any case, I created a new account with administrative privileges. Then, install MapleStory. That procedure worked for me. In this case, you need to "Switch User" to use MapleStory and multi-task with your other non-administrator account. If MapleStory asks you to download the game even though you already downloaded the game, MapleStory cannot find the correct directory due to the Microsoft Windows permissions scheme described above.

Quote Originally Posted by sdo23 View Post
    The "Cannot Load Game Data" error indicates that MapleStory cannot find the correct directory. Microsoft Windows has a complicated permissions scheme. I got this error because I was using a non-administrator account, and tried to temporarily give that account administrator privileges by logging out and logging into the admin account and change the non-administrator account to administrator. I do not know why this procedure does not work.

In any case, I created a new account with administrative privileges. Then, install MapleStory. That procedure worked for me. In this case, you need to "Switch User" to use MapleStory and multi-task with your other non-administrator account. If MapleStory asks you to download the game even though you already downloaded the game, MapleStory cannot find the correct directory due to the Microsoft Windows permissions scheme described above.

The following was posted by JustinTran at 06-29-2012 01:01 PM in the http://maplestory.nexon.net in the technical support forums. His FIX only applies to Windows 7. I do not have Windows 7, so his fix does not help me.

"Error Cannot Load Game Data" FIXED

So I was having the same problem. I would try to install the game but before it installs it says "Error Cannot Load Game Data"
    Right after it downloaded it would say this. What you want to do is right click the installer and click on "Troubleshoot Compatibility" This will make your computer look for problems on the program. After you click on Troubleshoot Compatibility it will open a window with 2 options. Click on the recommended options and click Start program. I think you must be the Admin of the computer/laptop to start it. Go to the Admin account on the computer/laptop and change your account type to Admin. Or if you are already on the Admin account then this shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully this helped! I really love this game and I was really bummed out that I couldn't play it. Hopefully this works for you guys.

*If you want* Download this
    http://download3.nexon.net/maplestor...111.exe?nxid=6
    Then do what it says above when your done downloading.

Last edited by JustinTran; 06-29-2012 at 01:06 PM.