Thread: A crosshair for Kai?

A crosshair for Kai?

I really think the red arc should be replaced with a crosshair when using a bow. The current set up is just awkward looking and kind of distracting. I'd really like to see an option to replace the red arc with a small "+" shaped crosshair. If that's not possible, turning the aiming arc entirely would be nice too.

A crosshair for Shortbow Mode would be really nice. Especially after zooming in with the camera. Makes it really feel like a 3rd person shooter. XD

I think it'd be more necessary for longbow mode. The arc always gets in the way for Hunter's Eye, and shortbow as auto-aim already. But if the crosshair was for both modes I wouldn't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgarion View Post
    I think it'd be more necessary for longbow mode. The arc always gets in the way for Hunter's Eye, and shortbow as auto-aim already. But if the crosshair was for both modes I wouldn't mind.
    Yeah, auto aim at dead bodies....they should really work on making it so only living enemies are auto aimed.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgarion View Post
    I think it'd be more necessary for longbow mode.
    Disagree. The Longbow fires projectiles, not hitscan calculations, and is VERY reliant on dead-on accuracy. Making a crosshair would simply make it much more difficult to aim the Longbow, since the actual path of motion of the arrow is completely different.
    The same could be said for the shortbow, but since it has an automatic lock-on and is less reliant on dead-on accuracy, the crosshair could be incredibly useful in giving a rough estimate of where the arrow will land.

You could always mod the long bow aim

the red line

its accurate stop complaining we dont need any glitches going on cause of a pointless crosshair add on.

Quote Originally Posted by bumbertyrrr View Post
    its accurate stop complaining we dont need any glitches going on cause of a pointless crosshair add on.
    It's not the accuracy of the shortbow that's the issue, but rather the fact that many people have trouble telling where the exact center of the screen is in Shortbow mode. Adding the crosshair wouldn't affect gameplay, but it would make the center of the screen much easier to find, making Shortbow a lot easier on small trash mobs like Spiders.