Thread: MapleStory Steam error?

MapleStory Steam error?

A system error has occurred. Please try again later. (Error 2001)

Please close the application and try again.

What happened? Is there a fix for this?

I am having this same error. It is in steam. I launch from steam, and at the log-in screen it hangs for a moment before I can enter a password, then displays this message.

"Error!

Please close the application and try again"

No amount of re-launching maple corrects this.
    No amount of re-logging into steam corrects this. Please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by DJQuade View Post
    I am having this same error. It is in steam. I launch from steam, and at the log-in screen it hangs for a moment before I can enter a password, then displays this message.

"Error!

Please close the application and try again"

No amount of re-launching maple corrects this.
    No amount of re-logging into steam corrects this. Please advise.
    okay apparently Error 2001 is a steam error, in which the game is 'out of date' according to people in the vindictus forums, who have said this can be true of ANY game on steam, and it happens when steam doesn't automatically update. Of course some games can't force-update without deleting local content which takes forever, there is a way to trick steam into updating anyway.

Quoted from vindictus forums
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSac
    FIX:

I woke up this morning and had the same issue with steam launched Vindictus, this is how I fixed it: (this is also a fix for a few other games with issues launching from steam)

- close steam.
    - go into your steam directory and rename the file "clientregistry.blob" to "clientregistryOld.blob" (or to anything really).
    - restart steam. (It should start by updating now: it is replacing the file we just renamed)
    - Launch vindictus (should now work)

PS: try this for other steam games you have trouble with too. Works for a few!
    I am testing now to see if this works. If I don't reply in a few minutes, then it worked.

nope, didn't fix it.

Me and my gf are having the same problem and nothing will fix it. please help

Quote Originally Posted by DJQuade View Post
    nope, didn't fix it.
    Same here.

I have a fix. This needs to be applied after every patch/update and sometimes after certain maintenances, acts like a refresher for the game files on steam.

When you start up Steam, go to your game library and right click on Maplestory. Then go to Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache...

It should start checking which files are out of date, and in need of replacing/update. If it freezes or nothing happens when showing the validity of files, restart steam and go to your library and try to verify integrity of files again and it should start up just fine.

It may take some time for this process to go through on Steam but it is worth it and should fix this error.

Another thing that can be done other than this, perhaps is to copy all the folder files from the Nexon folder in C: drive over to the Steam > SteamApps > common > Maplestory.

Both solutions have worked for me before after certain patches/updates, sometimes both at once, sometimes one or the other. These are just solutions I have tried, I hope it works for the rest of you as well. Good luck and Happy Mapling