Thread: Alright... I cant play maplestory

Alright... I cant play maplestory

When I click to play maplestory, it won't load. Im not sure why, nothing has changed since I updated it yesterday. After the update the game wont even open at all and im unsure why. I click patcher to see if the patch patched correctly and I get an error saying "We are unable to open your game client. Please restart your computer and try again. IF the same error occurs, please delete all previous Maplestory game files and re-install the game client from maplestory.nexon.net" Alright so I did as it said. I restarted my computer and tried again, nothing happened. So I thought maybe somethings missing from the folder, perhaps I could have deleted something? So I deleted the maplestory file and redownloaded it. It does the same thing, it wont open when I click to open the launcher. I click patcher and i get the same error above, again. I would really appreciate some help about now. Thanks a lot

I have this same problem and did everything you did too >.< someone please reply with an answer to this annoyning problem

Quote Originally Posted by icefire View Post
    When I click to play maplestory, it won't load. Im not sure why, nothing has changed since I updated it yesterday. After the update the game wont even open at all and im unsure why. I click patcher to see if the patch patched correctly and I get an error saying "We are unable to open your game client. Please restart your computer and try again. IF the same error occurs, please delete all previous Maplestory game files and re-install the game client from maplestory.nexon.net" Alright so I did as it said. I restarted my computer and tried again, nothing happened. So I thought maybe somethings missing from the folder, perhaps I could have deleted something? So I deleted the maplestory file and redownloaded it. It does the same thing, it wont open when I click to open the launcher. I click patcher and i get the same error above, again. I would really appreciate some help about now. Thanks a lot
    Yeah, I'm glad that I'm not the only one with this problem... After the maintenance, I tried to patch my Maplestory and it failed to patch. It told me "We are unable to copy the new patcher. Please try again. If the same error occurs, please delete all previous Maplestory game files and re-install the game client from maplestory.nexon.net. (Error Code:5) Access Denied.

And when I try to patch it again I get the "We are unable to open your game client. Please restart your computer..." error like you. I have reinstalled this game at least 5 times already... I gave up. Please, someone fix this ._.

Cant play since Sunday. Just wonder how many times i have to download the game, or if the number of browsers i have influence the results of pressing the "Play" button... Cause it doesn't open even with the launcher... Wanna play Maple, im not desperate, but this situation its really annoying... Waiting results ):

I also have this problem.... reinstalled 7 times and it wont fix it.... HELP !

Alright guys! So it seems to work for me again. Here's what I did. After it wouldnt open for me through the game launcher I went to the site. I logged in then I clicked play, it then told me that I need to download a patch. I proceeded to download the patch throughout the night while I slept. I woke up this morning to see that it finished. Hoping it had worked I clicked play, it loaded up normally and worked again! I hope this works for you guys, if not I can't help out. Thanks a lot guys! Good luck!

Still nothing going for me.