Thread: Steam_api.dll file missing!

Angry Steam_api.dll file missing!

I recently installed the game, and I'm having an issue saying that I can't open the gam, because it says I'm missing this "steam_api.dll" file, but when I look in the folder, I see it right there. I've reinstalled the game several times and have crossed this issue everytime. Any help?

Perhaps you should delete the file because it may have become corrupted. After deleting the file right click on vinditucs in your steam games list and select properties. Go through the tabs until you see the option for "verify game cache" and run it. It will replace the now missing steam_api.dll and it should work.

When you "re-install" the game you need to:

1. right click it and select delete local content
    2. go into C: drive > program files > steam > steamapps > common > and delete vindictus.
    3. go to your games list, right click on vindictus and select install game.

If you don't follow those steps your "re-install" will simply write over corrupted files and never actually fix anyhting.

I don't play it through steam though. I uninstalled it and Steam completely. When I reinstalled in from the vindictus site, upon booting the game up, I get that error. I've checked folders, and there's no extra files anywhere. I'm thinking that the file in the setup itself is corrupted.