Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vella's 2nd Weapon Video (Dual Blade vs Dual Sword)

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    But... I can only imagine very very very low damage base.
    That's what I'm thinking. They're uber long range, maybe not lightening speed but still fast, and they LOOK cool. There's no way they have much raw power.

from seeing that new S2 raid boss video, it also seems that Vella gets a spammable combo like the moonsplitter for spear lanns.

inb4slashinghighfacetanktranscomborush

Okay, on reviewing the video a second time, I've come to some conclusions. It seems to me that the dual blades are more of a team weapon while the swords are unparalleled for solo. (with that spam attack you could deal massive damage if your team keeps the boss distracted)

Also, I notice as she attacks she's getting a blue aura on her blades. Something similar to Blade Heart?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arucado View Post
    Okay, on reviewing the video a second time, I've come to some conclusions. It seems to me that the dual blades are more of a team weapon while the swords are unparalleled for solo. (with that spam attack you could deal massive damage if your team keeps the boss distracted)

Also, I notice as she attacks she's getting a blue aura on her blades. Something similar to Blade Heart?
    It is a buff called Cold Heart. It can do various things for Vella depending on what you do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ystelle View Post
    It is a buff called Cold Heart. It can do various things for Vella depending on what you do with it.
    Oooooh, sweet. Could you give some examples of what this Cold Heart can do?

Oooooh, sweet. Could you give some examples of what this Cold Heart can do?
    http://blog.daum.net/_blog/BlogTypeV...x_history_home

k so reading this I can pretty much tell what the active buff does.

If twin-sword Vellas have Blade Heart as their smash-oriented buff, then dual-blades Vellas have Cold Heart.

Cold Heart
    Description - As Vella successfully attacks her target, she starts to become a cold-blooded killer - not faltering in her attacks and dealing faster, more damaging skills.

What it does
    Cold Heart is a duration buff that you can activate when you have the required stack amount of "Cold-Heartedness". You acquire stacks of this by landing SMASH hits successfully on a target.

Now when you activate the Cold Heart buff, a bunch of stuff changes for your skills. First off, your Vella starts attacking noticeably faster. Her smash attacks also deal more damage, and her stamina recovery rate also increases. One of the skills that noticeably change for her is the Red-Eyes skill (breakoff). When you use it on a target while in Cold Heart effect, your Vella will "clash" with the target and perform attack combos that will temporarily stun the target (I believe it applies to bosses as well).

the article has detailed descriptions on the various attack combos at her disposal, but I don't feel like translating that atm....

Thanks a bunch Futilepath, I can't wait to test these out for myself! (not sure if I want to switch from swords though...)

Thanks a bunch Futilepath, I can't wait to test these out for myself! (not sure if I want to switch from swords though...)
    So use them both?

test server in korea mean 3-4 months before it comes out here ? i am a noob just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by Odahlin View Post
    test server in korea mean 3-4 months before it comes out here ? i am a noob just wondering
    Test server is a month or so before its released in KR; then another 3-4 months before it gets to us.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast