Thread: Hackshield errors and frequent crashing

Hackshield errors and frequent crashing

Hi,

I just started playing DN after a few months off. When I start up i receive error messages stating:

"_AhnHS_StartService:[H:06]An error has occurred in the hack prevention feature. (Error Code = 206). The program will be terminated."

and then

"[H:17]Hackshield could not be started properly. The program will be terminated."

Them I hit okay and the game launches. (Sweet new login and char creation screens!) After a few minutes of being zoned into Saint's Haven the game crashes with the error message

"You have encountered an error in dragon nest....." and so on.

Halp pls?

Update: If I log in directly from the launcher (skip the website) the game instantly crashes once I enter my ID and password.

I've been getting the same error too, I've re-installed the game on two different drives, disabled firewall and anti-viruses and disabled a bunch of other stuff from system boot and tried just about every other work around in the forums to no avail. Also Uninstalled it about 10 times and nothing x.x idk but now I just hope Nexon or Ahnlab can fix whatever is wrong with Hackshield.

Same!!! Up until the patch before kali or the kali patch, i had no problems with playing dn with my portable wifi. Now hackshield is detecting it as some illegal program. I wrote to nexon and was told that it could be my anti-virus program. This didn't seem likely cause when i uninstall all the programs that seem likely like avg etc, Hackshield still had problems

dude why even have hackshield it does nothing lol

look at all the bots in carderock.

need I say anymore

Quote Originally Posted by HappyMeal View Post
    dude why even have hackshield it does nothing lol

look at all the bots in carderock.

need I say anymore
    You obviously do not know what is a hack and what's not.

Bots =/= hack.

Anyways; I have this same error, have tried multiple fixes, and cannot seem to get it to work D= really annoying.

use steam it's working there

Quote Originally Posted by lRaymetzl View Post
    use steam it's working there
    No; not for everyone. Hackshield still does not work for me there, I get the error, but I am able to log in... and play for about 5 minutes or so, then just BOOM crash.

(Which is excatly what OP is experiencing here, most likely using steam)

Don't mean to revive this thread but, I've used Steam and this issue occurs with it. I just installed DN after a system wipe and this is new for me. Hoping the install on my HDD works without crashing.