Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Steal magic(Lvl 50 Majesty)

Question about Steal magic(Lvl 50 Majesty)

Just wondering.... does it steal pvp buffs like Block SoF Iron skin, and the SS quick thing?

I'm pretty sure it can steal any buff as long as it doesnt require a certain weapon to be used (Therefor block cant be stolen) But dont quote me on this .

Quote Originally Posted by RawrsterxDE View Post
    I'm pretty sure it can steal any buff as long as it doesnt require a certain weapon to be used (Therefor block cant be stolen) But dont quote me on this .
    Incorrect. it's misnamed. It should be magic mimic.

It does not steal anything, it merely copies their buff. Reason it's not very useful a lot of the time.

The limits are down class lines or buffs that make no sense. Many paladin buffs for instance are class specific and can't be "stolen" or copied in this case.

It's really more pve, and even then very limit. The most worthless skill for most majestic obviously. A lot of them simply don't even take it.

yes all buff including the priests buffs

So maybe OP should go for Arcane and be smasher! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Kuu View Post
    A lot of them simply don't even take it.
    Nuu i hate you Kuu D:! thats what i meant rawr.

And o,o. people HAVE to take it :P. for switch gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by RawrsterxDE View Post
    Nuu i hate you Kuu D:! thats what i meant rawr.

And o,o. people HAVE to take it :P. for switch gravity.
    Yup, but pvpers actually do ignore it, so they can raise their mystics skills. Sad but true. Though gravity switch is a very good skill.

It depends on builds, and pve vs pvp again.

Steal magic has an order or buffs it steals
    it takes priority on some over others
    and it doesnt steal but copies
    can only copy certain buffs

Magic Steal:
    1. Buffs that can be stolen include ice/fire shield, iron skin, charging howl, iron will, guardian shield, divine punishment, showtime, spirit burst, spirit excellation, ice barrier, highland. Note that magic steal DOES NOT dispel the buff on your target.
    2. Buffs that can't be stolen include shield block, divine avatar, stance of faith and evasion stance. (those skills required specific weapon to activate ie, shield or sword)
    3. Regardless of the duration of the buff on your target, the stolen buff will always have a fixed duration of 20sec at lvl1 (24 sec at lv2). For pvp, duration is reduced by half (10sec atlv1)
    4. Only 1 buff is stolen at one cast of this skill.
    5. The stolen buff only applies to you alone and wont affect your party members.
    6. The AOE is as far as force explosion range.
    7. Magic steal can be applied to targets who are blinking/dashing at the moment of cast too.

8. If there are more than 1 buff on the target, the buff which resides higher in the skill tree will be stolen, irregardless of the cast order.

If two skills resides at the same level in the skill tree, the one nearer to the left side will be stolen.

All classes magic steal priority
    Mercenary: Highland > Battle howl > Iron skin > Charging Howl
    Sword Master: Highland [ Evasion stance can't be stolen ]
    Bow Master: Eagle eye > Eagle rage > Spirit excellation > Sylph's Aim > Magical Breeze [ Siege stance can't be stolen ]
    Acrobat: Eagle eye > Eagle rage > Spirit excellation > Spirit Burst > Showtime
    Priest: Hand of Healing > Breath of Light > Relic of Heal > Relic of Miracle > Protection Shield > Striking [shield block can't be stolen ]
    Paladin: Hand of Healing> Divine Punishement > Iron Will > Justice Power [ Shield block, divine avatar, stance of faith, stance of guardian can't be stolen ]
    Elemental Lord: Meditation > Fire Shield > Ice shield > Ice barrier
    Force User: Meditation > Time acceleration > Arcane

For examples, first job buff such as highland and meditation will be stolen first, if it is present with other 2nd job buff.
    Another example: if a paladin have iron will and divine punishment on him, divine punishment will be stolen since it is higher in the skill tree.
    If both buffs are at the same level, the buff is longer cooldown will be stolen. For example a char with highland (300sec) and meditation (90sec) on, both are first job skills learnt at lvl35. Highland will be stolen because the cooldown is longer.

By Chaose

ok stealing/copy highland is quite funny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast